Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Juniors

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Why do you think the selection criteria weren't applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Maybe a link to the relevant license/selection criteria might help. I don't have but I came across this while looking and if this applies there is a normal place of residency requirement.

From: http://www.cyclingireland.ie/getattachment/c0c960ee-f126-4d9b-b8b8-54f26c24c5b0/UCI-Award-of-licences.aspx

Did Dan Martin not have problems with this earlier in the year.?

the licence is issued by the country you live in but the code on the licence will indicate your ability to ride for that country. Beasty has a licence that is issued by CI and has a GBR code on it. Mel Spath had aCI licence with GER on it but now its IRL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

shorthorn wrote: »
    Its not about wheter the individual is irish or british, the issue is junior talent in ireland is here waiting to avail of the system but some of them have been ignored and no i don't think its sour grapes or axe grinding, why not use the CRITERIA as it is explained in detail on the cycling ireland website,having an irish passport is the easiest part, ABILITY,TALENT,PERFORMANCE,RESULTS thats what the criteria is all about, its simple if it was applied in this case but it WAS NOT, why ???? JUNIOR you seem to have a big mouth, can you answer the question why the criteria was not adhered to or do want to STFU

the junior team manager made the call. If somebody thinks they have been extremely hard done by I suggest the ring Frank and ask for the reasons why.

As I said before its not set in stone. If riders perform they will be brought into this squad and if they dont then they will move out of it. its the same with the T2020 guys and girls. Unfortunately we cant run programs that includes everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shorthorn

Vladimir you asked the most relevant question to date, good on ya ,
    mabey morano or JUNIOR mouth piece know the answer, it seems to have struck a nerve with both of them ??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

shorthorn wrote: »
    mabey morano or JUNIOR mouth piece know the answer, it seems to have struck a nerve with both of them ??
    Attack the post, not the poster

Vlad's question was directed at you - you are stating the selection criteria have not been applied, but will not say in which way you believe it was not applied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

morana wrote: »
    Beasty has a licence that is issued by CI and has a GBR code on it.

Beasty, what time would it suit you for me to drop around with my torch and pitchfork?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty, what time would it suit you for me to drop around with my torch and pitchfork?
    Please, can we keep that sort of stuff to PMs ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭wav1

Interesting article on C/I website today re youth cycling and the jun squad.It compliments the juns on the squad for excellent results and much improved performances etc.So that was the origanal point.If they are happy with how the lads have stepped up to what was set out for them why did they have to look elsewhere.In other words what else can our riders do?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Right, after some consideration, I'm closing this thread.

Posters who've got a beef about this issue have had plenty of opportunity to provide a legitimate grounds for complaint, but have failed to provide one.

I don't think that this kind of nasty witch hunt has a place here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement