Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Art and volunteering- training/advice/ tips?

• 18-06-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Does anyone know where a young 19 year old female student with a background in health science and working with people with special needs could volunteer? I was thinking of something related to art as I got accepted into art college and have an major interest in it, however I have no training in tutoring arts and crafts to anyone.... thats sort of the problem too. I would love to do a course in teaching art , maybe like a night course as I am currently studying full time at third level.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

In volunteering it is important to consider what time commitment you can give. You may not be able to find something that fits exactly what you want to do straight away but getting something close could be a stepping stone. You could look at L'arche Otherwise do a general trawl through your local volunteer.ie centre in the arts and crafts area. You can ask someone from your new college for recommendations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

What part of the country are you in?

Advertisement