Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Cork D&D group

Options
  • 18-06-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I'm new to d&d and would like to find a group in cork for a casual game of 4th edition d&d

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rev.Sulphur

Hello Wonka,

I am a complete beginner and I mean beginner. I bought a players handbook a while ago with the intention of playing with some friends of mine. Who were going to buy different books but none of then have bothered and seem to have lost total interest.

I have been trying to find a group to learn how to go about getting a game started and basically make a character and everything. I know that isn't what you are looking for. But if you get a group together and don't mind spending sometime helping a guy starting off I am well interested.

I live in Douglas and I am always in and out of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Hello Wonka,

I am a complete beginner and I mean beginner. I bought a players handbook a while ago with the intention of playing with some friends of mine. Who were going to buy different books but none of then have bothered and seem to have lost total interest.

I have been trying to find a group to learn how to go about getting a game started and basically make a character and everything. I know that isn't what you are looking for. But if you get a group together and don't mind spending sometime helping a guy starting off I am well interested.

I live in Douglas and I am always in and out of the city.

Hey Rev,

Didn't think anyone was going to respond to this thread!!

I'm actually in the same boat as yourself here, I bought the player manual, DM manual and monster manual but am a complete noob with no idea how to start off!!

Well there is 2 of us now so we need a DM and a few more players to get this rolling!!

I'm actually in Ballyphehane myself so Douglas is grand

This is the players handbook that I have

http://images.wikia.com/ppc/images/3/32/Players_Handbook.jpg

I think it is the D20 system, what ever that means :confused:

I have no problem being the DM as I was planning on buying the book anyway. The only problem is I am in the process of moving house. So I will be unable to do anything for a while. It's just I saw your post and I have been looking for a group for a while and didn't want to let it pass me by :D

This is the players handbook that I have

http://images.wikia.com/ppc/images/3/32/Players_Handbook.jpg

I think it is the D20 system, what ever that means :confused:

I have no problem being the DM as I was planning on buying the book anyway. The only problem is I am in the process of moving house. So I will be unable to do anything for a while. It's just I saw your post and I have been looking for a group for a while and didn't want to let it pass me by :D

Yeah that's the same book I have myself, its version 4.0. I also have the corresponding DM and monster manual to go with it.

Don't worry about having to wait as I'm currently transitioning between jobs and will be away on hols for 10 days at the end of the month. I've waited a while to find a group, I've no problem waiting a bit longer!!

Cool, sounds like a plan. I have one other friend who is kinda interested but she hasn't any books at the moment. I can always just give her a lend of my one so she can get a idea of it.

• Advertisement

Cool...... drop us a PM whenever!

In the meantime I'll start reading up and what to do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Did these thing get off the ground? There are (possibly) 3 of us in the Wilton area of Cork that would be interested :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's a club of sorts that set up a while ago called the Cork Games Guild. I think they're mostly geared towards card/board games, but I know one or two of the members and they're all into various RPGs including D&D, so they might be worth checking out if you're looking for players or a GM, or maybe a space to play.

Sorry for the late reply I have been moving house and all ready to learn and throw some dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Aaronogrady

Hey, I know I'm 10 months late but if you guys actually got something sorted out and are willing to let a complete noob join in, I'm in need of a group. I have the players handbook and dice. If you get back to me thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

Hey all

I'm back in home in cork again and was hoping that some people are still interested in starting up a group or if a group has an opening.....

I'm just outside the city and will be willing to travel to a game.

Let me know if people are still interested

EvilWonka wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm back in home in cork again and was hoping that some people are still interested in starting up a group or if a group has an opening.....

I'm just outside the city and will be willing to travel to a game.

Let me know if people are still interested

I'm still looking for a game, still a noob and will need some help with learning how to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Ran a game there testing out DnD Next (playtest rules for dnd 5) a week or 2 ago and it was fun. Would be interested in joining a game for sure and would share DM duties if people were up for it.

Boro wrote: »
    Ran a game there testing out DnD Next (playtest rules for dnd 5) a week or 2 ago and it was fun. Would be interested in joining a game for sure and would share DM duties if people were up for it.

I'm Deffo up for a game of we can muster the numbers.... Have the books and they are just going to waste!!

So we have three then (including my friend) which isn't really enough. You want four players ideally and a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'd be willing to run a game for people who are interested. I've been playing for over 12 years and DM quite a bit.

I could just run a session for some new players and they could take over from there if they're interested.

Recon wrote: »
    I'd be willing to run a game for people who are interested. I've been playing for over 12 years and DM quite a bit.

I could just run a session for some new players and they could take over from there if they're interested.

That sounds pretty cool to me... Is always good to have some one with experience starting something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Cool, we could play with anything between 3 and 5 players, plus a DM.

Has anyone played before? I think it could be a good idea to meet up first and make characters before showing up for the first game wanting to make characters and get a decent game in.

That way I can go through the character building stuff with everyone instead of people trying to figure it out from just the book, which can get a little frustrating. And we can also make sure none of us are too weird or anything like that!

I've been playing for about 15 years and have DMed occasionally, I generally prefer to play though. I ran a quick 1 on 1 session there a week or 2 ago to playtest the new rules and introduce someone to the game, it went pretty well.

I suppose things like where and when are the next big questions.

Boro wrote: »
    I've been playing for about 15 years and have DMed occasionally, I generally prefer to play though. I ran a quick 1 on 1 session there a week or 2 ago to playtest the new rules and introduce someone to the game, it went pretty well.

I suppose things like where and when are the next big questions.

Well I live in the Ballyphehane and I have no problem in travelling and I work office hours so evening or weekends and all good for me

• Advertisement

Hey guys, if you still haven't set up that game and are looking for numbers. Would love to play and the books are just going to waste otherwise

Hey guys, if you still haven't set up that game and are looking for numbers. Would love to play and the books are just going to waste otherwise

Ok now we have 2, come on boards.ie... 2 more and we can go!!

EvilWonka wrote: »
    Ok now we have 2, come on boards.ie... 2 more and we can go!!

Sweet! This can happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Are there any groups in Cork City looking for players? I'm a 34 year old guy, quite familiar with 3.5 and Pathfinder. I've had a taste of 4th ed as well. I have a lot of free time so I'm flexible when it comes to game sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Might be worth your while checking out Cork Action League, a fortnightly gathering in the Pavilion in the city centre. Lots of gamers there, RPGs are often run, could be a good place to pick up a few players.

Ok, thanks for the info sir/ma'am.

Theres a few people around that would be interested in playing I think, just nobody to DM it!

I'm already DM-ing one (and it's wrecking my head) so I really wouldn't be up for DM-ing a second unfortunately.

Hey guys/girls I'm still looking to join an already formed group or take part in starting a new group. I am completely new and will need help to start off. I'm 18 years old and live in carrigtwohill so getting to the city is no problem. Please let me know if you have any info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Try getting in touch with WARPs in UCC (https://www.facebook.com/groups/169178175431/). It's college summer holidays, so people may be away, but someone there may be willing to run a few games. Keep an eye out for games conventions as well (next one I know of is Gaelcon, October Bank Holiday weekend in Dublin, but there may be one sooner). They're a good chance to try out a game in a one of scenario, and can help you meet up with others.

Advertisement