Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 147

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I really don't understand the logic behind making this a numbered event. Complete lack of star-power, 2 TUF finals and a main event that could've been a decent headliner on a Fight Night card.

Why wasn't it just a TUF Finale? As someone said above, i'd love to see the PPV numbers for this!

It was originally meant to have Silva vs Sonnen 2 as the headline with Belfort vs Silva as the co-main event. That's more than enough to warrant a numbered event. I guess with the late rearranging of the card they had to keep the number attached. The UFC even offered full refunds on tickets due to changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Shazbot wrote: »
    It was originally meant to have Silva vs Sonnen 2 as the headline with Belfort vs Silva as the co-main event. That's more than enough to warrant a numbered event. I guess with the late rearranging of the card they had to keep the number attached. The UFC even offered full refunds on tickets due to changes.

Ah yes, very true! I had completely forgotten about the Silva v Sonnen fight being scheduled for this event.

What an event THAT would've been!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why wasn't it just a TUF Finale? As someone said above, i'd love to see the PPV numbers for this!
    +1
    The ppv buys for this will be terrible. I had a look around for info on it this morning but nothing has been released yet. Some people are saying it got much less than 200k buys but nothing confirmed yet.
    Maybe it'll be a kick in the arse for the UFC to put on more stacked numbered events. Although to be fair this is very poor by normal standards.

Dean09 wrote: »
    +1
    The ppv buys for this will be terrible. I had a look around for info on it this morning but nothing has been released yet. Some people are saying it got much less than 200k buys but nothing confirmed yet.
    Maybe it'll be a kick in the arse for the UFC to put on more stacked numbered events. Although to be fair this is very poor by normal standards.

The FX show was a much better collection of fights than this.

Although, I really enjoyed Silva v Franklin. You're never gonna put those 2 guys in a cage and not get a good fight!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Terrible card I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

jayteecork wrote: »
    Terrible card I thought.
    Yep. Really poor fights. They should've had that as the UFC on FX card and made the FX one a numbered event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

mark goodards standing fighters up pissed me off.
    that ferreira chap looked pretty poor in the stand up, what the hell were roberg on about praising him all the time??!
    much preffered the fx fights the night before alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The PPV numbers mightn't have been terrible, that's if the Brazillians pay PPV.

According to Joe rogan TUF Brazil airs on the Brazil equivalent of RTE2 and attracts 12 million viewers per show.

UFC is shown on free TV in Brazil. No PPV!

UFC 134 Silva v Okami - 30m viewers in Brazil

UFC 142 Aldo v Mendes - 23m viewers in Brazil

UFC 147 Silva v Franklin - 20m viewers in Brazil

TUF Brazil averaged 10m viewers a week

147 set an attendance record and was watched my a huge amount of people in Brazil, but is expected to have had the lowest PPV buyrate since UFC 55!

Advertisement