Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Watchers Pro Points CONFUSION

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all! :o

I recently joined WW again and this pro point system has me knocked a bit

I'm kind of confused, and wondering are there any apps out there that can calculate the pro points in food rather than buying the little calculator thingy majigger? I tried getting the WW app but wasn't available in Ireland.

and also!

Do the 49 extras have to be used or can you just stick to your allowance and ignore them? As I'm finding it hard to meet my points at the moment, and tempted already to buy a cake or something!....if I doooo have to use them

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hey! I know how you feel, recently rejoined myself and it's a lot different from before!

People were talking about a good app at my meeting last week, think it was called Ultimate Weight Watcher or something? I don't have a smartphone so wasn't really paying attention, but I can find out for you for definite next week if that's not right :)

You don't have to use the 49 weeklies - they're there in case you have an event or something on that you'll go over your daily points on. You can use them for treats either though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lemai

Thanks a mill! :)

When is your meeting? Mine is Thursday, so I can ask some1 then if yours is Thurs or after!
    Its confusing alright, and im worried if i didnt get the calculator would an app be as accurate?!?
    Till then.....theres google !
    I had a curly wurly! HEAVEN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Lemai wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! :)

When is your meeting? Mine is Thursday, so I can ask some1 then if yours is Thurs or after!
    Its confusing alright, and im worried if i didnt get the calculator would an app be as accurate?!?
    Till then.....theres google !
    I had a curly wurly! HEAVEN :)
    The app is Ultimate Value Diary. I think it's brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭caddy2

As i did ww wit d old points system, culd someone tell me if i am calculating these right. Unfortunately wit family and work commitments i cannot get to ww meetings at present.
    I downloaded an app but wen i tried to figure out a ww chicken pot meal, i made d value out to be 17 or 18 pro points and d box said 6pp.
    I make out that supervalu daily basics white bread with 3.3g protein, 17 carb, 0.4fat, 1.4 fibre at a 38g slice to be 1pp.
    Lidl nimble bread 2.7 protein, 8.1 carb, 0.6 fat, 1.5 fibre at a 22g slice to b 0.5pp.
    4 Lidl chicken slices 6.8 protein, 0.32 carb, 0.32 fat, .08 fibre at a weight of 32g to be 0.5pp.
    Are these calculations right?
    And is 26 definitely d minimum daily allowance? If u do not eat 26 points in a day is dat ok?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

I worked out the pro points with the info you gave and got these results.
    Supervalu bread 2 pro points
    Lidl nimble bread 1 pro point
    Chicken slices 1 pro point.

The new system does not have half points so its best to round up.

• Advertisement

tskk wrote: »
    I worked out the pro points with the info you gave and got these results.
    Supervalu bread 2 pro points
    Lidl nimble bread 1 pro point
    Chicken slices 1 pro point.

The new system does not have half points so its best to round up.

Oh my!!! I hope der arent other ppl using dat app dat i downloaded as it must b completely wrong.
    Thank you for working out dose calculations. It is really appreciated

I hav just downloaded a number of pp calculators and d 1s which do not alliow you specify d weight of the portion are giving d same figures like 2 pp for sv bread etc. But is dat calculating d portion size to b 100g?

Advertisement