Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather sucks

Options
  • 14-06-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to think what's the point of having a boat if I only get to use once or twice a month .. middle of june and I've only been out about 10 time all year .....darn weather...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

+1

The great thing about racing is that it gets you out in all weathers, including days where you wouldn't necessarily go out for a pleasure sail - but even the racing keeps getting called off!

Tonight isn't looking good either.... was hoping it might get me away from the match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

interesting point there Heidi Heidi, maybe I should look into sailing , sure you're going to get wet even on a fine day i presume , and I take it the windier the better ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing :D

fergal.b wrote: »

:D:D as the younger generation would say "ROFL" :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You older guys had it so good :D its the girls I feel sorry for :eek::D:D

576632_427064470649432_2105249909_n.jpg

• Advertisement

breghall wrote: »
    interesting point there Heidi Heidi, maybe I should look into sailing , sure you're going to get wet even on a fine day i presume , and I take it the windier the better ?

Well, up to a point..... (this evening's forecast being a case in point - still no cancellation received, but I for one don't want to head out in what's reported to be coming our way!)
    You older guys had it so good :D its the girls I feel sorry for :eek::D:D

576632_427064470649432_2105249909_n.jpg

Of all the things I could imagine being posted on the Sailing & Boating forum.... :eek:

True! (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Im out three times a week! brown as a berry - no cabin on board! if i wasnt id sell the boat!
    I think u need to:
    (1) Look at www.windguru.com - and know what is going on with the weather! u snooze u lose! a friend asked me yesterday about going on the boat - this wee storm has been forecast for a week! It frightens me how some boat users no so little about the weather and plonk themselves on a boat in the ocean!
    (2) Or sell the boat
    (3) Move to Australia
    (4) Carry on - threadnagging

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Im out three times a week! brown as a berry - no cabin on board! if i wasnt id sell the boat!
    I think u need to:
    (1) Look at www.windguru.com - and know what is going on with the weather! u snooze u lose! a friend asked me yesterday about going on the boat - this wee storm has been forecast for a week! It frightens me how some boat users no so little about the weather and plonk themselves on a boat in the ocean!
    (2) Or sell the boat
    (3) Move to Australia
    (4) Carry on - threadnagging

(1) I always review the weather on a daily basis but I do have other commitments that prevent me boating when WIndguru says it 's good to go out i.e. work

(2) now that's just being ridiculous - I'd rather sell a kidney..:p

(3) love to but don't think it'll go down to well with herself, I'll test the waters.

(4) "thread-nagging" again I ROFL. It is lashing rain again today which I merely pointed out , I guess we are all well used to it even though it's july.

And fergal,

Where oh where does a man come across such information ??? I may just have to hide that from herself.:D

Advertisement