Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

ECM at 192 is a thing of beauty.

If only it was the 72 chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Its a thing of beauty, want to see the last frames now !

Bye bye exams :pac:

Where are you studying? Would you have to trek far from home to college in the snow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ECM= Rampede alert, such an amazingly feed.

ECM1-192.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ha !

ECM1-216_zad5.GIF

ECM0-216_rca6.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Ha !

ECM1-216_zad5.GIF

ECM0-216_rca6.GIF
    Wow

• Advertisement

One of THE BEST ever ECM runs i have ever seen tonight.

Quite incredible really if that were to actually happen. WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pleasuredeath

ECM1-192.GIF

Would this Chart bring snow for south east?

Collapse

ECM0-240_gkw0.GIF

ECM1-240_rcg1.GIF

ECM 240...jesus christ.

5LskA.gif

ECM 240...jesus christ.

Thats got me speechless, mother of god

• Advertisement

240hr ECM chart is the best i have ever seen. Simple as. Incredible :O

ECM1-240.GIF

240hr ECM chart is the best i have ever seen. Simple as. Incredible :O

ECM1-240.GIF

I would LOVE to see that run go on !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

I'd like to say one thing about this run:

What the fùck :O :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Thats got me speechless, mother of god

Whoa. Will I be able to make my snow angel or do we have to wait till the weekend for the best forecast (172hr??)?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Relax people!! Days away yet,

Sweet run though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Am I reading the wind direction right. Would -12 850's be next to useless with a Wales/Anglesey shadow cast across the irish sea to the bulk of the east coast. Would this be a South coast and Northern Ireland snowmageddon event rather than an east coast one?

....or do -12 uppers and explosive convection make up for the shorter sea track?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Collapse

ECM0-240_gkw0.GIF
    -12 uppers :D:D

The downgrades start here. :o

Have to keep in mind that it is deep FI and the chances of that coming off like that are very slim.

But just for entertainment value, its great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The downgrades start here. :o

Have to keep in mind that it is deep FI and the chances of that coming off like that are very slim.

But just for entertainment value, its great. :)

Boo! Too soon! Give us an hour or two to drool before we get all realistic and stuff.
    That run is insane, but it's still possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

I miss Su Campu being here to calm things down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

no, seriously, this is the model thread, anything beyond +72 is irrelevant - ramping and FI polluting all over the place. if those +240s came off it would lead to weather probably not seen in Ireland for centuries which leads to appropriately long odds.

I fear MT may have created a monster this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Incredible run from the ECM. When I saw +168h I thought it couldn't get any better...but dear got look at +240h :eek: Still in FI I know, but as easterlies go that is near perfection.

Expecting slight downgrades over the next couple days, so as not to get my hopes TOOOOOO high :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

ECM1-192.GIF

I am aware that there is more than just pressure systems that contribute to cold easterlies winds and snow in Ireland... but I'm trying to make sense of what is the main or contributing pressure systems that is forecast to drive these easterly winds.

Here is my Knowledge..
    High pressure rotate CW and Low pressure CCW in the northern hemisphere??
    High pressure systems are stable? Low pressure are unstable?

Correct me if I am wrong. The high pressure all the way from the atlantic up to scandinavia is driving the winds westerly inside the artic circle? The low pressure in South eastern Europe is driving its winds CCW easterly toward us.

If I am on on the right track!! Would we benifit with a more intensified Euro low or scandi high for more precipitation when and if these charts happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Speechless *Leahyl suddenly feeling faint...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Ah here..... Leave it bleedin out!

Just to point out...There is no support on the other models for anything as extreme as that, and it's a long way off making it even less likely to look like that in the end.

I just fear people will get very excited and then in the morning will be very let down again.

Having said that though, probably the best ECM FI I've ever seen, hard not to react. ;)

Edit : Let's see how the ECM ensembles look later.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    no, seriously, this is the model thread, anything beyond +72 is irrelevant - ramping and FI polluting all over the place. if those +240s came off it would lead to weather probably not seen in Ireland for centuries which leads to appropriately long odds.

I fear MT may have created a monster this morning

Centuries? No way. 1987 was more severe than what the ECM FI is showing.

archives-1987-1-13-0-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Calm down calm down, its one run, and not all models are in agreement plus its well into FI. Huge potential but thats all it is for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Just to point out...There is no support on the other models for anything as extreme as that, and it's a long way off making it even less likely to look like that in the end.

I just fear people will get very excited and then in the morning will be very let down again.

Having said that though, probably the best ECM FI I've ever seen, hard not to react. ;)

Edit : Let's see how the ECM ensembles look later.

What time are the ECMs out at later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

People going a bit over the top, its one run with little support over a week away, impressive to look at but more suited to the FI thread considering how unlikely it is to develop like that
    zidewayz wrote: »
    I am aware that there is more than just pressure systems that contribute to cold easterlies winds and snow in Ireland... but I'm trying to make sense of what is the main or contributing pressure systems that is forecast to drive these easterly winds.

Here is my Knowledge..
    High pressure rotate CW and Low pressure CCW in the northern hemisphere??
    High pressure systems are stable? Low pressure are unstable?

Correct me if I am wrong. The high pressure all the way from the atlantic up to scandinavia is driving the winds westerly inside the artic circle? The low pressure in South eastern Europe is driving its winds CCW easterly toward us.

If I am on on the right track!! Would we benifit with a more intensified Euro low or scandi high for more precipitation when and if these charts happen.

You're pretty much spot on there, a quick and crudely drawn idea of the air flow, cold air being sourced from deep inside Russia (or USSR as meteociel would lead us to believe)

ecm1192n.gif

For maximum precipitation, low pressure all the way, ideally situated somewhere around the Bay of Biscay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement