Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympic Weightlifting Competitions

• 10-06-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone know if there is any novice Olympic Weightlifting Competitions coming up around the country?
    I'd like to get the experience of a competition under my belt.
    Also just wondering must you wear a singlet while competing or can you wear your finest 80's shell suit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

No idea on attire but Hercules Club which has a facebook page do Oly Weightlifting.

I am pretty certain they would do competitions worth joining their facebook page and see if an active member can tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

The strength & strength sports forum usually has news of upcoming comps.
    There are details for the Leinster Open in July in here.

There's a competition every other month and novices can usually just sign up on the day and lift. Check the Weightlifitng Ireland facebook page or the weightliftingireland.com for updates on competitions.

You usually just need some tight bicycle shorts once your elbows and knees are visible.

Hercs have a competition every December, they don't do regular comps, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Yeah Hercs only do one competition usually in the 2nd week in december. The WI website isn't much use at the moment but it's being looked at. The FB page and the forum are more up to date on competitions. Don't wear anything loose because you might be stopped on the platform :eek:, compression top style t-shirt and, like Ste said, a pair of cycling shorts.

Advertisement