Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks: M7 Ring road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe a place for the electric cars to "re-fuel". The one near the new "Mackey roundabout" has a green covering, almost looks like synthetic grass

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Maybe a place for the electric cars to "re-fuel". The one near the new "Mackey roundabout" has a green covering, almost looks like synthetic grass

Doubt it. The one near Bawnmore is nearby the overhead gantry alerting people about the tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Those areas are not for speed cameras. There is now a concrete walkway behind each crash barrier to the electrical box which controls something or other so it looks like a safe place to pull over a service vehicle instead of a speed camera van.

I'm actually thinking ( well a friend put the idea into my head) that these are access points to the NRA ducting for fiber and the places are for splicers and the likes to pull in, although there would want to be a fair amount of coil there to pull a cable into a van from the end of those walkways.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

I think this is what it is - emergency power points for electric cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Doubt it. The one near Bawnmore is nearby the overhead gantry alerting people about the tunnel.

Maybe it's because they can source the power from whatever the gantry gets its power from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

JD Dublin wrote: »

As its illegal to stop on a motorway I would doubt this. A friend, a Garda Forensic Crash Investigator would likely eat his hat if that ever happened. Claims you have on average 15mins on a motorway before being hit by something.

Having a family stopping and wandering around a hard shoulder is not helpful to road safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

JD Dublin wrote: »

As its illegal to stop on a motorway I would doubt this. A friend, a Garda Forensic Crash Investigator would likely eat his hat if that ever happened. Claims you have on average 15mins on a motorway before being hit by something.

Having a family stopping and wandering around a hard shoulder is not helpful to road safety.

Also the sign would read 'electric car charge point' instead of 'authorised vehicles only'.

Advertisement