Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70hp Outboard

Options
  • 08-06-2012 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I may be in the market for a new 70hp out board engine.

I am looking at;

Yamaha

Honda

Suzuki

They are all priced around the 10.5k-11k.

If you had a choice which engine would you choose?

PS if anybody had a decent 2nd hand engine of a similar size i would be very glad to hear from you.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

:D:DOpt-75.jpg:D:D

It's a matter of taste all the japanese engines are about the same, people who own honda's will tell you not to touch yamaha's and so on. Go for what you like and what dealer is near to you, if you get a good dealer he will look after the engine for you.
    I don't think honda or yamaha do a 70 hp 60-75 but suzuki do one for €9.700 with 5 year warranty. http://engines.apolloduck.ie/feature.phtml?id=109508

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

IF it were me! , I'd go for the Evinrude E-Tec 75hp . No break in time and no servicing needed fo rthe first 3 yrs, all the power of a 2 stroke but better effiiency than most 4 strokes...... but that's just my me....

Oh I envy you , wish I could upgarde to a brand spanking new engine.... happy shopping.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Choose an engine that your local dealer can service. Don't have to trailer the boat miles just to have it worked on.

Advertisement