Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dudess

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Dudess was such a great username too.
    Once an account is closed is that the end of the name?
    If when registering all the names you want are taken, you can ask an Admin to rename an Account, they will consider it if it hasn't been used in a long time.

al28283 wrote: »
    BlueWolf FTW!
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

so long Dudess, another fallen hero(ine). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Can't believe I only noticed this now. :( I'm feeling the same kind of grief I felt on Christmas Day when I got to see Ann Doyle for the last time ever. :(

Dudess always posted without the bull, was always to the point and had a great grasp of everything she discussed (something that can only be said for a very small number of Boardsies). There are plenty "Thanks Sluts" out there who thank everything you say, but I always really valued it when she thanked a post of mine for some reason. It made me feel special. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Only realised now that she closed her account =(

One of my favorite people on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ah not Dudess! She was like my boards role model, I wanted to be respected like her :(

I regret not telling her that now. I want to be Dudess when I grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it seems alot of good ah boardsies are closing their accounts lately :( i wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Drug prices have fallen due to the recession, they give a high you don't have to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Strange how she closed her account, We have a few mutual friends here in the real world, She only lives up the hill from me. Don't know her personally myself only to see around, Great poster though very opinionated but from the heart. She will be missed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah sad to see Dudess leave; I don't always post a lot or see her posts much (perhaps mostly in the odd Israeli/Palestine thread :) I don't read AH a lot), but they were always notable at being well expressed, and she could properly hold her own in arguments/debates, with a visibly strong personality behind her posts.

Hope she reactivates her account again at some stage; a loss to boards!

• Advertisement

Hope she reactivates her account again at some stage; a loss to boards!
    You can't, not even the guys in the office can when it's closed.

Their words not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah okey; well new account or otherwise, hope it's just a temporary break :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

she was my kinda girl, said what she meant and meant what she said, no bullsh!tting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Great poster. We should rename boards.ie to dudess.ie in her honour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

anyone know why she closed her ac?

I think she was fed up with so many people disagreeing with her. She was involved in so many heated debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

She should come back as Dudess II or Dudess the Second, or something. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Dudess was a good poster, but her high post count possibly explains why she decided to close her account. Maybe her life was passing her by as she spent fruitless hours arguing on boards. Maybe she has finally decided to take charge of her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I think she was fed up with so many people disagreeing with her. She was involved in so many heated debates.

just cos people have a different opinoin isn't a good reason to close an account imo.

if we all had the same opinions of everything there would be no need for debate and boards would die a horrible but quick death. i think that is pretty sad if thats the reason she closed her account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

She was a good poster. Always came across as thoughtful and a nice person, sad to hear she's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I quite enjoyed her, actually.

Whenever she was around, trouble was always a-brewing :pac:

Jeez, all the regulars whose names I could remember are vanishing.

• Advertisement

I always imagined she'd be great in the sack....

:eek:

Only read in the who is your Seamus thread that Dudess has closed her account, wouldn't have posted much in the forums she posted in but she had a great way of conveying her thoughts. Very surprised to see her gone, a tad sad too as her views were generally on the ball from what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

As long as she's happy...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Dudess was the closest thing I ever had to a seamus :(

Sindri wrote: »
    As long as she's happy...:)

That's very true, well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Seems to me that she's back.

Username: <HURR DURR DURR>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Oh good.
    Glad she's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I remember some of her posts. She believed in certain things long before they became politically correct beliefs. Way ahead of her time..I hope she comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how do you know its her??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

fryup wrote: »
    how do you know its her??

Well if its not her she certainly thinks like her. Posts are almost identical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement