Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I Change About My Diet

Options
  • 05-06-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 5'9" and I'm currently 158 pounds. I've been following the diet below for about six weeks and I've lost just over a stone. My first goal is to get to 11 stone and if I can achieve that I'd like to go down to 10 and a half.

Anyway, this is basically what I have each day:
    A banana or apple in the morning.
    Three hard boiled eggs (sometimes with a slice of brown bread and I usually just eat the white of the eggs) in the afternoon.
    A salad (the salad consists of three slices of ham, lettuce, a tomato, coleslaw, salad dressing and two slices of brown bread) in the evening.
    If I'm feeling hungry later then I'll have a banana or apple, whichever one I didn't have earlier.

Also, I used to have two or two and half teaspoons of sugar with my tea which I have cut down to just one. I also drink about half a litre of water each day.

As regards to how much exercise I do, I cycle twice a day for about half and hour and I also do some dumbbell exercises twice a day at half an hour each too.

Sorry, if this post is too long but I didn't want to leave anything out. Anyway, what do you think I should change about my diet? Thanks for any helpful answers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

You are eating VERY little food. You should be eating more then what you are currently eating.

why are you leaving the best most nutritious part out of the egg ?

Start by eating 3 big/main meals a day. Base the meals on high protein, good fats and low/good carbs. Try minimize/cut out bread and replace with more veg,meat or fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Are you not starving eating so little?

Very little fat or protein in there.

Why don't you have dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    You are eating VERY little food. You should be eating more then what you are currently eating.

why are you leaving the best most nutritious part out of the egg ?

Start by eating 3 big/main meals a day. Base the meals on high protein, good fats and low/good carbs. Try minimize/cut out bread and replace with more veg,meat or fish.

I had heard that the yolk of the egg just contained cholesterol so that's why I had left it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Suas11 wrote: »
    I had heard that the yolk of the egg just contained cholesterol so that's why I had left it out.

Eat the yolks. They're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

2 words.

slimming world.

my wife started going 8 weeks ago and as of tonight she's lost 10% of her bodyweight (over 2st now) and even tho i've only been sharing the same meals as her in the evenings and weekends (and a few lunches if working from home) and still been having fast food during the day at work several times a week and working in an office with very little exercise, i've STILL lost about a stone and a half myself and 4" off my stomach (based on how far it is away from the tables in eddie rockets now, and no, i'm not joking:D).

you will be eating a lot more than you are eating now and it will be healthy, but tasty and filling and you will still be losing weight, probably faster than you are now.

btw, i'm a 35 year old bloke, 6'5" and was 24 stone, down to 22.5 now and still dropping steadily. i've been overweight since i was 20 and aside from a few stints on various diets for a few weeks, my weight has always gone up in the long run until now.

hand on heart, i could easily eat like this for the rest of my life and it wouldn't be any effort at all to keep it up. my aunt has been on it for 3 weeks now too and she's lost half a stone, and she works in a toffee shop! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seriously, you should give it a go.

i'll confess, i've never even been to one of the meetings, but y wife really enjoys it and it's making a big difference to both our lives after years of failed dieting.

it doesn't appear to be any kind of a fad diet either, it's been around for about 40 years now, slowly evolving into what it is today which is a highly effective way to long term weight loss and management, changing the way you think about food and showing you how to eat healthily and stay full at the same time.

after 15 years of obesity and failed diets i'm actually starting to think that by the time my 10 month old son is running around properly i WILL be well on my way to being the fit and healthy dad he deserves. :)

Advertisement