Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 9 results

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Another CPU game before my bye week and it's really getting boring and too easy. In this game against the Bills despite the heavy winds it was an obscene score of 98-20, with 12 sacks and 11 passing TDs, 2 fumble return TDs (for me, one for the Bills) and one fumble return that was stopped at the 1. It's getting boring playing the CPU. I go into the bye week 8-1 and after it I play Denver which should be another win. I even sent in the backup tight end in the 4th quarter but they were awful.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hmmm.. disconnect when losing and then utter hammering of the CPU...

And the Raiders wonder why the league dont like them :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

You know that the bills are not a cpu team. Therefore you should not have beaten them by more than 24. I am going to have to discuss this with other commish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    You know that the bills are not a cpu team. Therefore you should not have beaten them by more than 24. I am going to have to discuss this with other commish

They are a CPU team right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Danger Dave is on holidays at the moment so they were a CPU team. Somewhat ludicrous result none the less ;) I'm sure Dave will be thrilled to see his somewhat vaunted defense gashed to the tune of (i'm guessing here based on 98 points and 12 TDs) 1,000yards!!!

hmmm.. disconnect when losing and then utter hammering of the CPU...

And the Raiders wonder why the league dont like them :pac::pac:

At least I post when I restart (and I had to last week too despite the fact it meant I had to go through 4 more quarters of misery against the Browns, and my connection has never been good, both you and Raoul will know this from playing me), unlike everyone else. Sadly it seems that even when we follow the rules we get picked on, whereas everyone else gets off because they don't post at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is why I want rules about running up the score against the CPU.. In this case Dave has gone away and now his stats will be completely skewed and irrelevant for the rest of the season.

If people are dead set against bringing in rules to prevent this (and people have threatened to leave the league if this happens) then I suggest changing the difficulty from all-pro to all-madden.

adrian522 wrote: »
    This is why I want rules about running up the score against the CPU.. In this case Dave has gone away and now his stats will be completely skewed and irrelevant for the rest of the season.

If people are dead set against bringing in rules to prevent this (and people have threatened to leave the league if this happens) then I suggest changing the difficulty from all-pro to all-madden.

Stats don't matter. I'd leave the league if it was all-madden too, not to mention the trouble some people (including me probably) would have playing on that difficulty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

matthew8 wrote: »
    They are a CPU team right now.
    I'd be inclined to go with Matthew, the score is ridiculous.. but they are a CPU team.
    At least I post when I restart (and I had to last week too despite the fact it meant I had to go through 4 more quarters of misery against the Browns, and my connection has never been good, both you and Raoul will know this from playing me), unlike everyone else. Sadly it seems that even when we follow the rules we get picked on, whereas everyone else gets off because they don't post at all.

My point is on the score.. its ridiculous

What stats will it affect?

Red zone defense is the only one I can think off (apart from yards against)

Who got off after not posting? If you see that happening please tell me.

Bills are still a human team, just cpu this week as the other person is away. For this reason, they shouldnt be subjected to a demolishing in the interest of fair play. Its not fair that the person has to come back to being destroyed

Perhaps this should be in the rules but i believed it was common knowledge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Stats don't matter. I'd leave the league if it was all-madden too, not to mention the trouble some people (including me probably) would have playing on that difficulty.

Stats do matter to me at least, I think they are great to review before playing a game to see where an opponent is strong and where they are weak.

I also don't see how you can go from putting 98 points on the CPU to leaving the league in case the games get too difficult for you.

I'd be inclined to go with Matthew, the score is ridiculous.. but they are a CPU team.
    My point is on the score.. its ridiculous

What stats will it affect?

Red zone defense is the only one I can think off (apart from yards against)

Passing yards against, Rushing yards against, turnovers, overall defense, I would assume the overall offensive stats would suffer as well

It's just a completely unrealistic scenario to be honest and I think something needs to be done about it.

Also I have never had any problems with keeping the score to a more manageable level while playing the CPU as I'll keep my run/pass balance and the plays I call pretty much the same as what I would do against a human opponent.

That doesn't seem to be the case with players who are knocking off huge victories (not having a go at the raiders here either as they are just playing to the rules as they currently stand)

I just think for next year that we need to think about what we are going to do about this.

I also don't think it is in any way helpful for people saying they are going to leave the league if the difficulty is changed or if rules are brought in to prevent this sort of situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Who got off after not posting? If you see that happening please tell me.

Bills are still a human team, just cpu this week as the other person is away. For this reason, they shouldnt be subjected to a demolishing in the interest of fair play. Its not fair that the person has to come back to being destroyed

Perhaps this should be in the rules but i believed it was common knowledge

I would've taken Matthew's viewpoint on this, out of pure ignorance of the rule Raoul. Would've assumed a CPU team is a CPU team, didn't know there was different treatment of them if User is away and will return. Like I said, that would just be from not understanding the rule.

Maybe stats matter to some people, but for me personally, it's all about Wins and Losses. Am not really bothered if someone is running up the score against the CPU.

I also don't think it is in any way helpful for people saying they are going to leave the league if the difficulty is changed or if rules are brought in to prevent this sort of situation.

this! We have to try and make the league as best as we can and grind things out as we go along. It is not condusive for people to say "do that and i leave".

People have to try and help by voicing their opinions and then go with the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

this! We have to try and make the league as best as we can and grind things out as we go along. It is not condusive for people to say do that and i leave.

People have to try and help by voicing their opiniona and then going with the majority

i play the cpu the same as i play humans. don't need to go picking up injuries or winning on a last second pick 6. i'll continue to play like that.

I would've taken Matthew's viewpoint on this, out of pure ignorance of the rule Raoul. Would've assumed a CPU team is a CPU team, didn't know there was different treatment of them if User is away and will return. Like I said, that would just be from not understanding the rule.

Maybe stats matter to some people, but for me personally, it's all about Wins and Losses. Am not really bothered if someone is running up the score against the CPU.

Ok, I take it that maybe the rule wasn't made clear. But I presume nobody would have any qualms with it so I think it should be added in that "if you are playing the CPU but the team is actually owned by a human, then rules for human games (running up scores etc.) should apply".

As with Adrian, I do like to have my stats in order (I don't want to have the worst defence in the league cos of one game I missed).

I also don't see how you can go from putting 98 points on the CPU to leaving the league in case the games get too difficult for you.

There's actually a fine line for me between putting up 98 points and putting up 21 points. If I got 1 second less in the pocket today against the Bills I would have at the very least put up less than 40 points.

ok so how about a rule worded like this.

If you are playing a CPU team who's owner is on holidays, sick, unable to play the game and has stated they will be coming back please do not run up the score.

Lads.. I for one think the 24 point limit on the IF franchise is too low.
    It leads to an awful lot of boredom

how about 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I agree with you Rob, but have you ever come back to find your cpu team took a 98-20 pasting, I don't think you would be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

ok so how about a rule worded like this.

If you are playing a CPU team who's owner is on holidays, sick, unable to play the game and has stated they will be coming back please do not run up the score.

Lads.. I for one think the 24 point limit on the IF franchise is too low.
    It leads to an awful lot of boredom

how about 34?

I think that's fair enough 24 is to low 34 seems about right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul's and Heli's wording both look fine, wouldn't mind either 24 or 34 either.

Also agree with the lads, people threatening to leave the league because of any rule change isn't helpful to a debate on rule changes etc.
    Another thing to be added to the list of possible changes for people to vote on before Madden 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

I think that's fair enough 24 is to low 34 seems about right

should it not be a winning margin? ie; you cannot win by more than 24 points?

its the same as saying, once you have a 4 score lead then you should be happy to run out the clock. Unless you are recovering onside kicks from the off and running constant nano blitz's or are just too good a player for all-pro then you shouldn't have the time to be putting up massive scores without 5+ turnovers

• Advertisement

Raoul's and Heli's wording both look fine, wouldn't mind either 24 or 34 either.

Also agree with the lads, people threatening to leave the league because of any rule change isn't helpful to a debate on rule changes etc.
    Another thing to be added to the list of possible changes for people to vote on before Madden 13.

Rob, you played in the IG league.
    Specifically when i started playing in the fantasy fran, i had a lot of CPU games, in one game i was 21-0 up about half way through the first Q, in the end i got sick of punting so let them score so I could actually do more than run and punt. 24 points I think is too low but would be happy with 34.

ibmax wrote: »

its the same as saying, once you have a 4 score lead then you should be happy to run out the clock. Unless you are recovering onside kicks from the off and running constant nano blitz's or are just too good a player for all-pro then you shouldn't have the time to be putting up massive scores without 5+ turnovers

Yes its a winning margin and not a total score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

ibmax wrote: »

Yes I mean winning margin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lost to pats a red zone Int and a fumble cost me this one. Up side my third string Qb is looking like a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Its no big deal guys. Its creating a good discussion on points scoring.

On a side note. I'm with Adrian i dont like to see the stats pumped against cpu teams, its no good come the end of the season for who's the best QB, WR, TE, RB, best offense, turnovers etc ..

I personally see two options

1 we make any game against a CPU team 34 point margin cap. The stats can be pumped that much, even if its just a normal CPU Team not just a coach who's on holiday.

2 you push the score against CPU teams (not including Coaches who are on holiday) as much as you like, but once you get 34 points ahead all of your back ups come in. QB/RB/WRS/TE/LB/SS/FS/CB/DE/DT.

I myself would rather option on.

Thoughts?

Option 1, option 2 is too messy to regulate I think

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Dolphins 6 - Seahawks 19

Messy first half for Seahawks... gave Dolphins 2 easy field goals though poor defense and clumsy offensive fumbling.

Seahawks picked one of for 6 out of own 1yd line at end of 1st half and it revitalised them for 2nd half.
    Hillis finally got a chance to stretch his legs and run more or less length of field in 3 plays before being put back in bottle until close of 4th quarter running out clock.
    Lots of 3 n out for second half and few messy interceptions thrown by Stafford.
    And 1 safety given up by dolphins for being silly enough to direct snap to back in own end zone.

Did you hb get a defensive td??

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat the Chiefs 30 - 28 in a game of turn overs.

The Falcons with 3 interceptions and a forced fumble, Chiefs with 4 interceptions.

Dareby you were very unlucky at the end and i really thought you were going to win, best of luck.

Falcons now have a bye week and after that big game with the Buccs and on that note go 49er's

• Advertisement

Titans @ Green Bay
    A bit controversial here.
    I posted my first game may get disconnected due to UPC doing some work, which it did (picture attached) was winning,had the ball near the redzone and was getting the ball at HT.

Restarted and the game froze at coin toss.

So tbh i didnt think anything of restarting until Raoul pinged me near the end of the 4th. I'm the commish until Raoul gets back so he can decide my punishment (santry definitely wont be deciding it!)

Easy enough game, bar a ridiculous throw that Smith hauled in for 89 yards after it went through Vontaes hands. Then a pick 6 late in the game.

Titans D dominated putting the Packers on -6 rushing yards and 130 passing, 4 first downs and forcing a safety.

Titans with 320 yard evenly split

Schaub gets a rating of 90 with 9 from 16, 161 yards, 2 Tds and 2 ints

MJD had a quiet game with 145 yards from 43 carries and no TDs
    Finley and Thomas getting the receiving TDs for the Titans

Advertisement