Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin hurlers and kildare footballers program?

• 03-06-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

What kind of gym program are the Dublin hurlers and Kildare footballers on. They both seem to have shot up in size over one winter 2010 i think. They have bulked considerably but are also very athletic.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

newuser1 wrote: »
    What kind of gym program are the Dublin hurlers and Kildare footballers on. They both seem to have shot up in size over one winter 2010 i think. They have bulked considerably but are also very athletic.

Someone shine the Sami signal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭chuck101

hey there newuser1 . not fully sure of the kildare footballers but as far as i know martin kennedy of nada( national athletes development academy) is the dublin hurlers fitness coach... open to correction though mind . here's an article from a while back about him
    http://fodh.ie/2011/09/black-and-blue-martin-kennedy-%E2%80%93-the-man-who-put-physicality-into-daly%E2%80%99s-dubs/
    . also nada.ie is well worth a look. smart coaches. hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I know someone involved with Derry.

As a generalisation I would suggest that by and large these 'amateur' athletes do/did most of their training on the pitch either in matches or when training.

Therefore it is quite demanding and cardio/endurance based essentially with no real focus on strength etc.

Also if there was a focus on strength and weights it was not too focused and their nutrition may not have been ideal and therefore if the gained a bit during the winter they lost it all pretty much as soon as the season started again.

What appears to be happening now is they have dedicated weights programs and their nutrition needs are catered for as well.

If guys are taken and pushed correctly on weights and nutrition they will see a big change and as we all know these guys are very dedicated so will do the work and follow the plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sportinglegend

Martin Kennedy is the main S&C coach for Dublin Hurlers with his company NADA and Julie Davis is head strength and Conditioning coach with the Kildare footballers she has worked with Armagh previously and is involved in the DCU High Performance unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I know that the lads from Functional Training are involved with the Longford footballers

the only unbeaten team in 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I know that the lads from Functional Training are involved with the Longford footballers

the only unbeaten team in 2012

Thanks to a Kildare man...

Advertisement