Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Germany (berlin)..info needed

Options
  • 02-06-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys im kinda knew to this but would to find out some info. Im going to poland for euro 2012, afterwards im travelling to berlin and trying to find work. Is their anything i need to do or anything specifically that i need to work in germany. Im irish to i presume i dont need a work visa. Also any tips on how to get work whilst their would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Hi Ray,

I am moving to Berlin tomorrow.

My GF managed to acquire us work on just one visit to Berlin over a weekend. It was great to just be able to get some work before even getting out there.

People will tell you Berlin is struggling but when it comes to working in bars, coffee shops and all that jazz there is plenty. I work as a chef and managed to get work there quite easy. If you have any questions PM me.

Its an amazing city and you will enjoy it loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

The main English-speaking expat website for Germany is www.toytowngermany.com. Great community and lots of job ads there.

To work in Germany, you will probably need a Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung. Monstrosity of a word alright :) - but very easy to get. It is just a document that confirms your status as a EU citizen and your right to work in Germany. How you get this differs from city to city. According to Wikipedia, in Berlin, it is particularly easy: You get the document right when you register your residency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

undo wrote: »
    The main English-speaking expat website for Germany is www.toytowngermany.com. Great community and lots of job ads there.

Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung. Monstrosity of a word alright :)

That is a superb word!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

just to remember the wages in germany are not great but the cost of living is cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

sorry mods didnt no this was old

• Advertisement
Advertisement