Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm writing a blog what's the Irish for...

Options
  • 01-06-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Ear rape? Is it Éigniú Cluaise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Can anyone help me out? A translation for " raping our ears" would be better".

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I can't tell you but I'd love to know what the post is about.

I'll tell you when I get a translation.

Here's a link to the past posts so you get a flavour. http://thegospelaccordingtostbourbon.blogspot.ie/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wouldn't recommend using that phrase in any language, to be honest, but the translation you have in your opening post is pretty close to what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Ag éigniú ár gcluas -> Raping our ears
    Éigniú cluaise -> Ear rape

earwax_man wrote: »
    Ag éigniú ár gcluas -> Raping our ears
    Éigniú cluaise -> Ear rape
    Sound out. The post is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

Interesting blog, so far we have learnt that:

"Hipsters" are *****, Hipsters seems to include a lot of people, but they're all ***** and elitist.

People who speak Irish are also ***** it would seem and elitist.

People from D4, Cork, Waterford and Derry have atrocious accents (Maybe they are also ***** and elitist, unfortunately these groups have not been discussed in detail.)

I suspect this is due to these people not being "mad crack" like the owner of the blog, although at this stage I can't confirm that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sound out. The post is up.

Your blog reads like it was written by a cranky 14 year old. And you have a typo in the title of your latest post. That's kind of embarrassing.

Anyway, we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement