Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 4-5 New Patch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

was only about 1.4 for ps3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

2.085GB on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

dunno if anyone else has had a chance to DL the new patch and play it but I have been experiencing some major sound problems whenever I play on Damavand Peak!

Certain noises stop playing and then after a while sound stops completely! V.difficult to tell if there is a tank behind you with no sound!

Happened twice on Dpeak and not on any other map.. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

hypermuse wrote: »
    dunno if anyone else has had a chance to DL the new patch and play it but I have been experiencing some major sound problems whenever I play on Damavand Peak!

Certain noises stop playing and then after a while sound stops completely! V.difficult to tell if there is a tank behind you with no sound!

Happened twice on Dpeak and not on any other map.. Strange

I have it on all maps. Before it would drop out for a few seconds a few times in a game, now it's the whole game. All I can hear is my own footsteps and gun. I've been run over 3 times by tanks tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

danniemcq wrote: »
    with battlelog down all day i decided to try single player mode.

jesus its terrible so many glitches and randomness and a plot thats just annoying.

What's Single Player Mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I thought the sound issue was addressed in the new patch? Bloody annoying it is.

badly explained on my part. I mean that before the patch it was a few times a game, after the patch it's all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

My gamesound is now completely broken because of this patch.Its like its on mute for most of the match.I can only hear my footsteps and my gun reloads and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    2.085GB on pc
    Actually it's 2085 MB, which isn't 2.085 GB seeing as there are 1024MB in a GB :D

Chavways wrote: »
    My gamesound is now completely broken because of this patch.Its like its on mute for most of the match.I can only hear my footsteps and my gun reloads and nothing else.

Thats what I generally get but in one game all sound was completly gone.. No footsteps, bullets, tanks, radio calls.. nothing! was litterally like I had pressed the mute button..

But it happened gradually, one sound effect would fail, then other, then another until efentually it was totally gone! Frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

any specific reason why the patch is 2 gigs?
    Most of the fixes are just changing values for recoil etc, what data is in that 2 gb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fuzzy wrote: »
    any specific reason why the patch is 2 gigs?
    Most of the fixes are just changing values for recoil etc, what data is in that 2 gb?

It includes Close Quarters. When you eventually download CQ, it will only be around 100KB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I'd rather they not send me stuff to download which I may never purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It includes Close Quarters. When you eventually download CQ, it will only be around 100KB

That was the download for premium activation file, CQ was over a GB I think.

Sound is going more often and getting disconnected from EA every other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    That was the download for premium activation file, CQ was over a GB I think.

Sound is going more often and getting disconnected from EA every other game.

You are indeed correct, it was a little over 1440MB iirc...

Sound is gone entirely for me now... all I can ever hear are my own footsteps and my own guns. Thats it.

oohh battlelog looks all different and pretty!!

well, a little bit different!

Audio bug is actually worse than before.Still goes bar the footsteps and gun fire but in the CQ maps i can hear people on top of me but no one is there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,545 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ok its a 2.3gb patch on xbox but that clearly includes the maps so why is included now when the maps aren't even available?
    This game will slowly consume my whole hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Decryptor wrote: »
    Actually it's 2085 MB, which isn't 2.085 GB seeing as there are 1024MB in a GB :D

you just couldn't resist could you?!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A lot of things seem faster, throwing out boxes seems very fast.

Sound seems different too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A lot of things seem faster, throwing out boxes seems very fast.

Sound seems different too.
    Yeah, med kits and ammo packs are faster to throw, and it feels like the reduced suppression speeds up gameplay in general.
    Also the new AEK with slightly reduced recoil (with Foregrip attached) is an absolute monster. Shorter reload time really helps alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Oh **** no! Don't tell me they broke the ECM Jammer! :eek:

Was just in a Havoc, piloting. Went to take on a tank locking me up with CITV. The lock was about to go solid and I hit the jammer. I heard it deploy but the lock didn't break. A few seconds later I passed over the tank after my attack run while the warning noise for incoming missile was on. 'Wait' was flashing under ECM Jammer so it was definitely deployed and the tank's guided shell still hit me.

[edit]

Must have been lag or something. Tried my ECM Jammer again this morning and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hmmm seems teleporting is a new feature, few times tonight players im shooting teleport and shoot me in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Oh **** no! Don't tell me they broke the ECM Jammer! :eek:

Was just in a Havoc, piloting. Went to take on a tank locking me up with CITV. The lock was about to go solid and I hit the jammer. I heard it deploy but the lock didn't break. A few seconds later I passed over the tank after my attack run while the warning noise for incoming missile was on. 'Wait' was flashing under ECM Jammer so it was definitely deployed and the tank's guided shell still hit me.

[edit]

Must have been lag or something. Tried my ECM Jammer again this morning and it worked.

Ecm jammer seems to work better for jav and anti- air missles but for tank guided shells its hopeless, twice yesterday i was hit with out a warning and one of them defo had the ECM jammer active at the time

Im not going mad.Famas has a new iron sight ye ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Has the M27 gun got new add ons. I don't remember seeing the Extended Mag at 300 kills before.

Any other guns got some add on changes??

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So I get killed, get revived and before I accept I get killed again but seems to count as TWO deaths? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

im trying to download the update on my xbox and its stuck at 19% any idea how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    im trying to download the update on my xbox and its stuck at 19% any idea how to fix it?

Get a PC :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Has recoil disappeared? I think they made it too easy once again.

Bring back recoil.

I haven't noticed any other changes other than it being no sign of the DART and suppression is at a happy medium now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement