Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

zell12 wrote: »
    There were no cheapo eggs in Tesco, but Dealz had loads

People seem to be overlooking Dealz for food supplies etc, but they were well-stocked and helpful staff, hence the post

Are dealz staying open

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are dealz staying open

Yes.

I would give deiseindublin the benefit of the doubt and thought they were just curiously saying it.

I like dealz message, never heard this chunt term before. I guess the h is silent... ;)

They have a message on their page I saw the other day

https://www.dealz.ie/press-release/further-guidelines-to-keep-you-safe/

Lots of their stuff is very long life food, and can be far cheaper than the likes of tesco for the exact same brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i for one am glad they are staying open because i am getting plenty of food, cleaning products and school books that i wouldnt be able to get, people moan about them being open dont have to visit the chain, they are doing a great job at keeping everything spotless unlike my local supervalu which is manky

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i for one am glad they are staying open because i am getting plenty of food, cleaning products and school books that i wouldnt be able to get, people moan about them being open dont have to visit the chain, they are doing a great job at keeping everything spotless unlike my local supervalu which is manky

I love dealz I get laminating sheets and Velcro strips here and they basically have everything! I got a few workbooks for the kids too maths and writing. Delighted they are staying open they are the only place that are restocking the antibacterial wipes. And they have a 3 per customer which is brilliant they aren't sold out instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Possibly an error, but none in my store today
    10c bleach
    https://www.dealz.ie/136513-easy-cranfrost-bleach750ml/

• Advertisement

Dealz sees 25% surge in sales of pregnancy tests
    "Couples under the same roof don't need to worry about social distancing and as our sales figures show, they've been getting up close and personal, finding more ways to relax than watching Netflix or doing jigsaws,"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Berndes potato gratin dishes - small but good quality.

€1.50

Gl8Pac5.jpg

O'Hagans plain/fruit/choc chip 12 buns short dated reduced to 37c
    scrumptious at e1.50 too!
    nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone have someone in Dealz try and sell you old stock on the pretense that it's for frontline workers?

So I'm paying for my items and your man goes "would you like to buy these blue M&Ms to donate to the frontline workers?"

I'm like "not sure they'd want blue m&ms tbhwy" and left it at that.

That's a very conniving and manipulative way of getting rid of crap like blue m&ms and white twixes.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone have someone in Dealz try and sell you old stock on the pretense that it's for frontline workers?

So I'm paying for my items and your man goes "would you like to buy these blue M&Ms to donate to the frontline workers?"

That's a very conniving and manipulative way of getting rid of crap like blue m&ms and white twixes.

Maybe they are donating the money from the sales to frontline workers? But either way it's a bit dodgy tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Maybe they are donating the money from the sales to frontline workers? But either way it's a bit dodgy tbh.

They always do that crap.
    They should be selling them at cost price if they want us to buy them for frontline workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,856 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They used to do that but said it was for homeless people....
    If it was the money equivalent fine....but come one not sure homeless people need a tonne of near dated chocolate....

The money is collected and donated, they don’t give m&ms to frontline workers lol

The money is collected and donated, they don’t give m&ms to frontline workers lol

are you sure? reading these 2 links would seem its more than likely.

Somebody "talked to Joe" about the homeless one.
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/programmes/2018/0829/988341-liveline-wednesday-29-august-2018/
    Dave was asked at the till in Dealz if he'd buy some chocolate to support the homeless. Dave paid €1.50 and went home looking forward to his chocolate bar and a cuppa. But there was no bar. Dealz kept the money and gave the chocolate to the homeless. Dave thinks this is crazy.

https://www.diningindublin.ie/dealz-stores-across-ireland-to-donate-over-100000-easter-eggs-in-support-of-frontline-workers-charities/
    Dealz and Poundland stores across Ireland and the UK will donate over 100,000 Easter Eggs this week in support of our brave frontline workers and those providing care and support within local communities.

Each of Dealz 66 stores across the Republic of Ireland will donate Easter Eggs to their chosen local charity or organisations. From our national hospitals to our wonderful care homes and local charities, each Dealz store will chose an organisation to donate to.

Dealz customers will also have the opportunity to join in and give back to local charities and communities. From today (Wednesday, 8th April), Dealz customers can purchase and donate an Easter Egg as a show of support to those looking after them and their loved ones. On Good Friday, 10th April, Dealz will add customers’ donations to the chocolate deliveries which will be made across their communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

It's gas, they profit on it as the customer is still paying 1.50 for the sweets/product that they then 'donate', which Dealz have paid significantly less to buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Where's the bargain? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Where's the bargain? :)

Certainly not in your whining post.

Nature Valley Canadian Maple syrup bars, 10 for €3. Very moreish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Nature Valley bars are always worth buying on Amazon.

25 bars for a fiver on Subscribe And Save..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nature-Valley-Crunchy-Canadian-Cereal/dp/B01N4KWHF2/

It's gas, they profit on it as the customer is still paying 1.50 for the sweets/product that they then 'donate', which Dealz have paid significantly less to buy in.

They donate the proceeds of the sale to the states charity and the customer gets the product

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bmc58

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Certainly not in your whining post.

They are nice with a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Basq wrote: »
    Nature Valley bars are always worth buying on Amazon.

25 bars for a fiver on Subscribe And Save..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nature-Valley-Crunchy-Canadian-Cereal/dp/B01N4KWHF2/

+Delivery

They donate the proceeds of the sale to the states charity and the customer gets the product
    where do you see this stated? did you see my post further back, the customer did not get chocolate after buying for homeless. And they were definitely giving easter eggs to frontline workers.

rubadub wrote: »
    where do you see this stated? did you see my post further back, the customer did not get chocolate after buying for homeless. And they were definitely giving easter eggs to frontline workers.

I didn’t see your post no
    Manager was telling mein my local dealz now maybe he was telling lies but he seemed genuine enough, they have a section where you can donate food items to the homeless run for cork city too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I didn’t see your post no
    Manager was telling mein my local dealz now maybe he was telling lies but he seemed genuine enough, they have a section where you can donate food items to the homeless run for cork city too

I can 100% guarantee proceeds are not separated and donated.

To be fair to Dealz it's not unique to them as I see it quite often now for buying something and then leaving it in a box for SVDP, Homeless or whatever...... it's a practice i really find morally questionable to be honest..... like they still get their mark up on what is bought and the good press for Donating the products

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

+Delivery
    Nope, Subscribe & Save is always free delivery regardless of spend.

I seriously doubt Dealz donate any proceeds of the sale.

It seems to me it's something like the following:

Dealz realise nobody wants white Twixes, Blue (crunchy) M&Ms, or they bought too many Easter Eggs.

Mgmt tell staff at the tills to ask customers would they like to buy said crap to donate to homeless/frontline workers.

Some customers get put on spot/feel guilty/ think "ah shur it's for a good cause"

Dealz gets rid of old stock at full price with profit while Homeless/Frontline workers get sugary unhealthy crap.

I love Dealz in general but this practice is really questionable.

Feel Dealz have hit a new low.

This time they were trying to make me buy some weird Galaxy (ripples?) for the "children's leukaemia ward"

Unbelievably cynical imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I seriously doubt Dealz donate any proceeds of the sale.

It seems to me it's something like the following:

Dealz realise nobody wants white Twixes, Blue (crunchy) M&Ms, or they bought too many Easter Eggs.

Mgmt tell staff at the tills to ask customers would they like to buy said crap to donate to homeless/frontline workers.

Some customers get put on spot/feel guilty/ think "ah shur it's for a good cause"

Dealz gets rid of old stock at full price with profit while Homeless/Frontline workers get sugary unhealthy crap.

I love Dealz in general but this practice is really questionable.

Would you look up Poundland wars on youtube. Its a crazy high pressure industry to be in, shift stock, fill shelves etc etc etc. I only buy cosmetics and household cleaning there.

Bought their computer optical mouse two years ago
    Still going strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

zell12 wrote: »
    Bought their computer optical mouse two years ago
    Still going strong

I go through at least three of them a year. But they do get a lot of abuse :D

And I always keep a couple of them in my kit bag when going out on a job. It's mad how many people keep trying to use knackered mice in their jobs. And at €1.50 each, they are handy as a temporary replacement.

Advertisement