Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premonition dream - advice please

Options
  • 31-05-2012 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

Firstly, this is not an advertising thread or other self serving posting about my "spiritual experience" or anything similar, I just seek opinions from average people and perhaps those who might shed some light on what I have experienced. I am a Dubliner who up until recent times didnt believe in folklore or the usual Hollywood "ghost stories" but one thing changed my belief in all things both natural and inexplicable.

During December 2005 I was away on holidays in the UK with a few mates of mine, I had no other immediate or distant family members with me and what I experienced is somewhat incredible, shocking and inexplicable. I was asleep in bed in a hotel in London, my mother was in Dublin and I had no prior knowledge of any family member in illness or distress.

In a dream on this particular night, I dreamt of my mother sitting on a unrecognised wooden chair in an unfamiliar room (the chair was something we never had in my house ever either when I was growing up or as an adult, and the room was gloomy and smoky for want of a better word), she was wearing a green cardigan that she never ever wore or at least I had never seen her wearing before, and she was very, very upset.

In my "vision" she was sobbing with her hands on the arms of the chair and when I asked her "Mam, whats wrong??!" she just looked at me and said "lung and breast cancer"... she looked at me with a face of terror sadness and fear... and thats where the dream ended, with no further explanation or information. I woke up in a cold sweat and remembered it vividly.

This dream occured in December 2005 and up until February 2006 (explained shortly|) I was very much upset and disturbed by this dream that I could not make any sense to. It made no logical sense to me as my mother was (is) a healthy woman and the clothes she "wore" in the dream are nothing she wore or wears today. The "lung and breast cancer" didnt make any sense either as this is not a common illness in her family, and no one in her immediate or distant family had died from either illness either.

It was not until one day in late February 2006 that I got a text from a good friend of mine at approximately 08:30 that morning and it said something like "Angels exist but we are not aware of them. At 11 O'Clock this morning you will receive a phone call with some good news. Pass this message on to continue the chain" - as most people would guess, I ignored this as a yet another chain message trying to freak people out. Until this happened.

At 11am the same day I received the text message from my mate, the phone rang in my mam's house and it was my cousin in Australia, who was ringing to tell us that her mum (my aunt) had just died. I had abseloutely no idea that my aunt was unwell let alone had died until I tried to hand over the phone to my man, to talk to my cousin, and my mam so gried with distraught could not talk to my cousin at the time, so I told her (my cousin) that my man would return her call shortly. The angels and the 11 O'Clock thing freaked me out, but the "best" was yet to come.

About a week after my aunt died, my man and myself had a chat about her (my aunt's) passing. At no stage did I ever mention the dream I had about her (my mother) but I did admit that I was concerned for her health (only natural after I had experienced such a vivid and realistic dream). My mam assured me everything was OK and said that I was probably slightly depressed, following the events of late. I accepted this and innocently asked my mam what had caused my aunts death.

My mam then answered that my aunt (her late sister) had died of Lung Cancer, and had previously sufferred from breast cancer approx 15 years earlier. As I was only 23 at the time, and as my aunt lived on the other side of the world, I could never known that she was ever sick, let alone dying when I experienced the dream, especially when I was in London when it happened and my mother was in Dublin. Again I did not mention anything about it as it would likely be very upsetting but I was baffled.

The icing on the cake came in March 2006 when a picture of my late aunt arrived at my mams house from my cousin(s) in Australia, and I was totally knocked down by this, but my aunt (who when this picture was taken when she was suffering from cancer in November 2005) was wearing the EXACT same colour green shade of the SAME material and design cardigan that my own mother was wearing in the dream I had in December 2005 when she said "Lung and breast cancer" to me.

To this day it still send shivers down my spine to think about it, but I would appreciate any insight from GENUINE persons who can shed some light on this matter and perhaps give me some guidance. I dont think I am psychic or a clairvoyant but alot of things have happened since then that defy all logic or belief and I am somewhat confused as how to go from here

This posting is 100% genuine and is not bullsh1t, I have explained everything as clearly as possible but if there are any genuine questions regarding what I described, please reply and I will answer them. No messers or other idiots please, if you dont believe me then please ignore me and keep your opinions to yourself, otherwise please feel free to contribute to my post.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

tl;dr?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DeltaEightOne

Maybe if you did read it fully you might understand it? And why would you rush through these things if you had any interest in the first place? Typical answer from someone who wants an instant answer to a 5 minute story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It was not until one day in late February 2006 that I got a text from a good friend of mine at approximately 08:30 that morning and it said something like "Angels exist but we are not aware of them. At 11 O'Clock this morning you will receive a phone call with some good news. Pass this message on to continue the chain" - as most people would guess, I ignored this as a yet another chain message trying to freak people out. Until this happened.
    I didn't really see any good news throughout... Or is your point that there was a curse for not sending it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DeltaEightOne

Good point, I thought of that myself only for the fact my mates message was received the same day as the news was delivered, as for a curse I dont see how this could happen as I only got the text the same day, so its kinda ruled out. I've spend the last while trying to figure this out and thought others might be able to assist me ot put me in the right direction, but thank you for your valued input, I'll keep an open mind and any helpful thoughts are most welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Honestly, when there is something I can't explain, I treat it as just that - I can't explain it. Experiences like this aren't testable. You can't repeat it, and the only testimony is based on the experience of the, er, experiencer.

I will point out a couple of basic things from what I do see in your post. The dream you had in 2005, did you write down what you experienced when you had the dream? No, this isn't me going down the pics route, it is going for a recalling the dream after it happened, rather than remembering what you remembered of the dream. I know a dream can be vivid, and some might say that it is so vivid you wouldn't forget it.

A point could possibly be raised about things you don't consciously recall or seeming to be important being remembered by the consious mind presenting itself when you sleep.

As I say, though, I don't have answers.

Edit: You may enjoy this video:

• Advertisement
Advertisement