Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70% off Wenger Luggage at Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

scudzilla wrote: »
    Received one of the 24" suitcases yesterday from Tesco as compensation for my distress at them using my post in that advert.

Nice case so it is :D:D

lol result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Could be in for another case, when they post this....

....in this weekends paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Tesco certainly has a case to answer.

qm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Received one of the 24" suitcases yesterday from Tesco as compensation for my distress at them using my post in that advert.

You can thank me in the usual way! :)
    thanks button over here
    V

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's the finish date for this promo ?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    What's the finish date for this promo ?

They stop giving out coupons on 9/9/12, and they can be redeemed up to the 16/9/12

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lasher

You should have got the whole set mate, seriously bad form from Tescos on that faux pas.

Jeez, took me ages to find the specs of the cases on offer.

You'll find them all on this page:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323+4294918671&Items=20

If that link doesn't work go here:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323&Items=20&offset=20

... and choose the 'Wenger' filter around half way down the page on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Backpack is good quality and comfterable on the back. Very impressed with the quality and the comfort of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

anyone know what the laptop bag is like and what size laptops fit in it, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

anyone know what the laptop bag is like and what size laptops fit in it, cheers :)

They should carry a 15" nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

lasher wrote: »
    Jeez, took me ages to find the specs of the cases on offer.

You'll find them all on this page:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323+4294918671&Items=20

If that link doesn't work go here:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323&Items=20&offset=20

... and choose the 'Wenger' filter around half way down the page on the left hand side.

Correct info here: http://www.tesco.ie/collect-and-save-luggage/#luggage

Kathy22 wrote: »

This doesn't show the specs of the luggage i.e. length, width, depth and weight dimensions. The links that I put in show the specs of each case when you click into them.

The specs / dimensions are hugely important when travelling by air. I have a case that has the same dimensions as the Wenger 24" case however my one weighs 10.5kg and the Wenger one weighs 3.67kg. Aer Lingus allow 23kg per passenger on check-in on transatlantic flights so it wouldn't make much sense to use up 10.5kg of this allowance on the weight of the case alone.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one one who wanted to check length, width, depth and weight specs of these cases before purchasing one and none of this information is available on Tesco's promotion page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lasher wrote: »
    I have a case that has the same dimensions as the Wenger 24" case however my one weighs 10.5kg and the Wenger one weighs 3.67kg. Aer Lingus allow 23kg per passenger on check-in on transatlantic flights so it wouldn't make much sense to use up 10.5kg of this allowance on the weight of the case alone.

Black plastic bag over the shoulder only weighs an ounce... and it will fit lots of clothes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

jammstarr wrote: »
    They should carry a 15" nicely

would a 16 inch laptop have any chance of fiting in it so? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

would a 16 inch laptop have any chance of fiting in it so? thanks

It said 17" on one of the Tesco sites however someone here was saying theirs didn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

If you are interested, TK Maxx in Blanch has some stock in of Victorinox (not Wenger) luggage. Victorinox is really quite end and high cost stuff. Competes with Tumi. I've used Victorinox for years, it's bomb proof and the warranty is unreal. Anyhow, if you want the real deal - check out TK Maxx....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

What price for the backpacks.

Did not see any backpacks.... A couple of high end computer computer cased and a few different varieties of suitcase. The had however in the mens section loads of Wenger bags. Again, no idea on backpacks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KGascoyne

km79 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the 18" on a Ryan air flight yet ?

Yes we used two 18" cases on a Birmingham - Dublin flight. No problem at all. The Ryanair high tech cardboard box /measuring instrument easily fitted over the cases. Phew !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Guys, did anyone tried the 18 cabin bag in a ryanair flight? Did it fit in the bag checker?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Amouar wrote: »
    Guys, did anyone tried the 18 cabin bag in a ryanair flight? Did it fit in the bag checker?

Thanks

Already answered in post above yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

My housemate threw my tokens in the bin :( anyway have any spare or know where to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tobyglen wrote: »
    My housemate threw my tokens in the bin :( anyway have any spare or know where to get them?

I have some spare, if you want to send me a pm saying you really want them I can pm you back with my addy so you can send me a sae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

viv2 wrote: »
    Already answered in post above yours ;)

My bad! posted from my phone without checking previous posts :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I am wondering if anyone has any tokens left over could do with getting a new laptop bag for college,

thanks

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Neo, pm me how many you want, I have found a few more so if you send me a sae you can have them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Audacious

Anyone have a few spare so I can get a reliable suitcase to emigrate to Germany? I always seem to buy dodgy suitcases.

Just bumping this to remind you all that the tokens must be redeemed by this Sunday. ( according to the T&C anyway )

I like many others may have a few vouchers spare, just wondering if any charity would take them and then sell of the luggage.

While i`m here, can anyone who got some of the luggage give a brief overview or recommendation of what to get.

Just bumping this to remind people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Just bumping this to remind you all that the tokens must be redeemed by this Sunday. ( according to the T&C anyway )

I like many others may have a few vouchers spare, just wondering if any charity would take them and then sell of the luggage.

While i`m here, can anyone who got some of the luggage give a brief overview or recommendation of what to get.

I bought two of the large suitcases and the backpack...

No complaints, they appear to be good quality and the suitcases are the perfect size for me, used to have 2 humongous suitcases, was always getting caught for excess weight...these "smaller" cases are better

I've heard the "laptop" type bag wouldn't hold a laptop larger than 15 inches, so maybe worth considering that before you buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement