Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it's more that they are a non native English speaking company and they have a team to double check how an American/whiney idiot audience might take things. I mean, who saw the racist complaint coming with the kingdom come launch and that completely overshadowed the release of that game. I think in this snowflake generation, most companies have to think about this kind of thing unfortunately as things can quickly pick up traction on social media and seriously effect sales.

From the demo, it seems there was plenty of uber violence & arses sticking out and I have faith CDPR won't bend too easy to whiners.

I hope you’re right. As well as wanting a great game (think it’s impossible for CDPR to deliver anything else :D), I’d love it to be a gigantic middle finger to PC’ness in general. If the fans want an uncensored game, there’s no better developer to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Billy86 wrote: »
    Pretty much, all the "not a racists" that got so upset over killing Nazis in Wolfenstein pretty much show how people will get offended no matter what you do.

I'm guessing CDPR are looking at just making as good a world as they possibly can ad don't want to f*ck any of it up by mistake. If TW3 is anything to go by, they are serious perfectionists. Horse placement notwithstanding...

Will you ever **** off with that, it's completely disingenuous.

Wolfenstein PR team had them pushing the punch a nazi thing in their marketing, the same phrase that was being used to justify assaulting random Trump supporters in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Varik wrote: »
    Wolfenstein PR team had them pushing the punch a nazi thing in their marketing,.

And whats the problem with punching Nazis? a few decades ago they would've been shot..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    And whats the problem with punching Nazis? a few decades ago they would've been shot..

When the definition is anyone where a trump hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Will you ever **** off with that, it's completely disingenuous.

Wolfenstein PR team had them pushing the punch a nazi thing in their marketing, the same phrase that was being used to justify assaulting random Trump supporters in the US.
    Nope. The initial trailer ran on June 11th 2017, and here are white supremacists and neo-Nazis getting upset and snowflakey about it just one day later (and about all the 'n**gers' in the game). Can you tell me where in the June 11th trailer it is talking about attacking Trump supporters?

Once it gained legs Bethesda may have ran with it, particularly after the Nazi terrorist attack during the Nazi march in Charlottesville (which is also quite close to Bethesda's HQ if I recall) only for Trump to refer to them as 'very fine people', but at it's origin it was what it was - a case of racists and Neo Nazis getting offended about a game where you kill Nazis.

• Advertisement

When the definition is anyone where a trump hat

I didnt take it as that,i took it to mean f*ckers like the "Very Fine people" In Charlottesville and twats wearing swastikas and giving Nazi Salutes..
    The never said anything about punching anyone that supports Trump.
    And if you are mentally making the jump from Nazis to Trump supporters then that's the real issue.. maybe Trump and his supporters should do more to disassociate themselves from actual Nazi's..But looking at whats going on there ,it looks to be going the opposite way..

So trailer in June, Charlottesville in august, but somehow all the Punch a Nazi stuff kicked off in before that in January.

So trailer in June, Charlottesville in august, but somehow all the Punch a Nazi stuff kicked off in before that in January.

The game is about killing Nazi's.. That Alt right Douchebag got punched out on a youtube video before that.. so i think the ran with that.. Not Trump supporters..

So you're saying only started to make the game (that they also teased in E3 2016) after January 2017, and somehow managed to get it all finished and out ot market by October? That would be pretty remarkable, but still irrelevant. Because Wolfenstein's been about punching Nazi's since the 1980s.

Can you point out to me in the June 11th trailer where it brings up punching Trump supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bigphil2 wrote: »
    The never said anything about punching anyone that supports Trump.
    And if you are mentally making the jump from Nazis to Trump supporters then that's the real issue.. maybe Trump and his supporters should do more to disassociate themselves from actual Nazi's..But looking at whats going on there ,it looks to be going the opposite way..

"They're not nazi's but yeah they're sorta nazis"

Might want to make your mind up there. :D

• Advertisement

So you're saying only started to make the game (that they also teased in E3 2016) after January 2017, and somehow managed to get it all finished and out ot market by October? That would be pretty remarkable, but still irrelevant. Because Wolfenstein's been about punching Nazi's since the 1980s.

Can you point out to me in the June 11th trailer where it brings up punching Trump supporters?

Game didn't include anything about it, which drew more complaints for the likes of Kotaku, and Polygon as it didn't take anything in from the current political climate.

It was entirely the PR department playing into a ongoing SM trend which was being directed at Trump/conservatives.

Game didn't include anything about it, which drew more complaints for the likes of Kotaku, and Polygon as it didn't take anything in from the current political climate.

It was entirely the PR department playing into a ongoing SM trend which was being directed at Trump/conservatives.
    Yet you cannot point out where it was any different from any Wolfenstein game, e.g. it was about killing Nazis? Why is that all of a sudden an offensive idea?

I've shown you the June 11th 2017 reveal trailer that immediately offended Nazis and Trump supporters, can you please tell me what in that trailer was so offensive?

Bambi wrote: »
    "They're not nazi's but yeah they're sorta nazis"

Might want to make your mind up there. :D

Way to misinterpret what i said..

Yet you cannot point out where it was any different from any Wolfenstein game, e.g. it was about killing Nazis? Why is that all of a sudden an offensive idea?

I've shown you the June 11th 2017 reveal trailer that immediately offended Nazis and Trump supporters, can you please tell me what in that trailer was so offensive?

Haha..exactly

If you are Offended by the idea that Punching a Nazi is a bad thing,then you need to have word with yourself..

When did you ever kill nazi's by punching them? :confused:

And lets be honest if Rockstar did a GTA ad that said "smoke a gangsta", the gaming media would have gone ****ing mental, rather than get all jesuitical over the difference between gangstas and black men. :D And you wouldn't be telling us that the black community needs to work harder at differentiating itself from gangstas

The PR department saw a chance to stir up a bit of controversy with a current topic and score some easy coverage from a games media that had gone completely mental since el Trumpo was elected (because apparently that has something to do with their job now :confused:).

Fair play to them, that's their gig as PR dept.

Literally just said the game wasn't any different, and that the only difference was their PR department jumping on a ongoing SM trend.

Easiest thing to do is search Twitter around the time, punch a nazi in there with all the dump trumps, resists, and I'm with her.

When did you ever kill nazi's by punching them? :confused:
    And where does the June 11th trailer talk about punching Nazis?
    And lets be honest if Rockstar did a GTA ad that said "smoke a gangsta", the gaming media would have gone ****ing mental, rather than get all jesuitical over the difference between gangstas and black men. :D And you wouldn't be telling us that the black community needs to work harder at differentiating itself from gangstas
    Really, so why were people not up in arms through the 1980s or 1990s when they had the same and game content (e.g. killing Nazis)? Here's one from 17 years ago, it's terrible trailer but the same idea - killing Nazis.

The PR department saw a chance to stir up a bit of controversy with a current topic and score some easy coverage from a games media that had gone completely mental since el Trumpo was elected (because apparently that has something to do with their job now :confused:).

Fair play to them, that's their gig as PR dept.
    The PR department saw their chance to promote it being a game about killing Nazis, which has been the case for the last 10 Wolfenstein games over 36 years that came before it. But the alt right generation snowflakes got offended about it this time.

After the Charlottesville incident quite close to their HQ Bethesda ramped it up further, but the alt-right crowd started getting offended the day after the release trailer, which was a Wolfenstein trailer about killing Nazis, for a Wolfenstein game about killing Nazis.

Literally just said the game wasn't any different, and that the only difference was their PR department jumping on a ongoing SM trend.

Easiest thing to do is search Twitter around the time, punch a nazi in there with all the dump trumps, resists, and I'm with her.

Again,you are associating Trump supporters with Nazis.. They were jumping on the Punch a Nazi only..

So they did their Job correctly..

You're not making any sense. How is a game franchise that had for 36 years and a full 10 titles been about killing Nazis, jumping on a social media bandwagon by promoting it was about killing Nazis, as it had been doing all along?

The fact you still have not shown a single thing from the E3 2017 trailer that immediately caused so much offense among Neo Nazis, the alt right and some Trump supporters would appear a little telling.

As I said initially, the fact that these people suddenly got so offended by a game about killing Nazis that had been about killing Nazis for over a third of a century, shows how eager some will be to get offended no matter what a developer does. It's every bit as absurd as getting offended by the lack of black characters in Kingdom Come Deliverance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oh wow, loads of posts since I last looked. A juicy nugget of info about the game must have been rev......... Oh.

And where does the June 11th trailer talk about punching Nazis?

Who said anything about June 11? You're trying to frame your argument because you know you're on a sticky wicket

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Fnew-wolfenstein-2-ad-shows-a-nazi-getting-punched-%2F1100-6454081%2F

As for the trailer you've linked that you think proves a point, its a bog standard fps trailer. The little ad blast that caused a tiff was blatantly riffing on present day events "If you're a Nazi...*punch*... GTFO". Completely different and caused no small amount of controversy due to the current trend in certain quarters of defining "nazi" as follows

147.jpg

Funny that you claim their PR campaign was no different to what went previously and simultaneously claim that it was inspired by Bethesda's proximity to Charlottesville. Can't be both chief, doublethink is dangerous ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so......cyberpunk seems pretty cool :D

Who said anything about June 11? You're trying to frame your argument because you know you're on a sticky wicket
    I said June 11th, because that is when they had their initial launch trailer. The same launch trailer that offended the alt right and neo Nazis. It's actually the exact point I made that started this. 2017 Neo Nazis, the alt right and some Trump supporters all of a sudden got offended about a game about killing Nazis that has been in existence since 1981.
    As I already said, after the Nazi march in Charlottesville that lead to a Nazi terrorist attack and the President of the US calling these 'very fine people', Bethesda went further down that route. But that was in October 2017.

None of that has any bearing on the fact that in June 2017, people were getting offended over a game about killing Nazis that had been around, and had been about killing Nazis, since 1981.
    As for the trailer you've linked that you think proves a point, its a bog standard fps trailer.

The little ad blast that caused a tiff was blatantly riffing on present day events "If you're a Nazi...*punch*... GTFO". Completely different and caused no small amount of controversy due to the current trend in certain quarters of defining "nazi" as follows[/IMG]
    No it wasn't. Again, neo Nazis, the alt right and some Trump supporters got offended on June 12th, the day after the E3 trailer. This is a fact that I have already linked to this - here is the link again.

You have literally proven my point for me, it was a bog standard FPS trailer, yet because it was about killing Nazis many of the modern right wing snowflakes got extremely offended by it. Despite it being a franchise that had been around for over three and a half decades.
    Funny that you claim their PR campaign was no different to what went previously and simultaneously claim that it was inspired by Bethesda's proximity to Charlottesville. Can't be both chief, doublethink is dangerous ;)
    Once more, in the interest of simplicity:

June 11th, 2017: Bethesda show "a bog standard fps trailer" (your words) about a game where you kill Nazis. This is the 11th installation in a 36 year old franchise.

June 12th, 2017: Nazis, the alt right and some Trump supporters get up in arms over said "bog standard fps trailer".

August 11-12, 2017: The Nazi march and terrorism in Charlottesville occurs. Following this, Bethesda become much more vocal in their advertising campaign.

Which again, proves the point that in this day and age, if you make a game about killing Nazis, you will have Nazi snowflakes and their sympathisers complaining that they feel offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not really related to anything here except the talk of Nazis.
    Btw...this is a Cyberpunk thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I was just worried they were going to remove raunchy/violent images or make token characters and 'progressive' quests to appease twitter goblins. charlottsville bigots and antifa are just two sides of the same coin and the press focused on one. Bethesda used that to their advantage in a marketing campaign. Must've been very successful judging from some previous posts here. Maybe CDPR should try it out. I wonder if this will be the song in their next trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No whistling for your car, gonna need some self driving or remembering where you parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

No whistling for your car, gonna need some self driving or remembering where you parked.

Probably a HUD for where it's located. Pretty sure the technology is advanced enough for at least that :pac: Then just use your brain augment to call it by sheer will like Robocop meets Knight Rider.

• Advertisement

Probably a HUD for where it's located. Pretty sure the technology is advanced enough for at least that :pac: Then just use your brain augment to call it by sheer will like Robocop meets Knight Rider.

Only half joking, Tesla already have valet mode so there's no reason they couldn't have it in game just think it'd be funny to lose your car. Getting a update on your hud to tell you your cars been towed.

Days gone is meant to put a lot of focus on the bike which you can lose, and the same for Red dead with horses.

Advertisement