Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Billy86 wrote: »
    Interesting, though I'd reckon the darker palette was much better for mood and setting, plus it made Skellige in the daytime, parts of Novigrad, and especially Toussaint pop out that much more.

Second this its what makes the game really work for me. Its grittier or something with the muted colours and wilder landscape...although the second DLC (name escapes me right now) with the "fairy tale colours" was amazing so i'm basically contradicting myself ha.

The darker tone makes me think of the wild atlantic way but with witchers and monsters etc. What a time to be alive.

edit Toussaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To be clear, I don't have a problem with the way the game looks, but that was the point others were making.

I could see this ultimately getting a downgrade, but unlike something like the Division, I can't see the ultimate result being completely divorced from what we've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jones wrote: »
    Second this its what makes the game really work for me. Its grittier or something with the muted colours and wilder landscape...although the second DLC (name escapes me right now) with the "fairy tale colours" was amazing so i'm basically contradicting myself ha.

The darker tone makes me think of the wild atlantic way but with witchers and monsters etc. What a time to be alive
    That would have been Toussaint. :D

I don't really reckon it was contradictory, more that the game (and the first two apparently; haven't played them) are so dark and dreary in nature that a more light-hearted, fairy tale like (literally depending on what story path you chose) send off was kind of fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That looked awesome. Only watched the 15 minute version, so didn't see any driving, but i'm leaving it at that and will not watch anything else to do with this until the release trailer, regardless of how long it takes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice analysis video on the character creation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Forgot to say how much I appreciate the third person driving. I don’t know what explanation they give for why it’s possible in an FPS (I say this because they actually have a logical explanation for the HUD) nor do I care if they provide us with one at all, driving in third person is essential.

True, though if they have an option to switch it would be great too - first person driving in GTA on the motorways etc can be fantastic... though in tight spaces not so much.

1st person driving in far cry works very well. Yeah, would be easier in 3rd person but it's much more engrossing. GTA 5 looks savage in 1st person driving but it's way too fast and hectic. Not sure if they were driving slow in the demo to show off the world but looks like 1st person driving would suit the gameplay.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    1st person driving in far cry works very well. Yeah, would be easier in 3rd person but it's much more engrossing. GTA 5 looks savage in 1st person driving but it's way too fast and hectic. Not sure if they were driving slow in the demo to show off the world but looks like 1st person driving would suit the gameplay.

I turn into fecking Schumacher in GTA first person driving at speed for some reason, which is especially odd because I'm absolutely woeful at just about every racing game ever made. :D

One issue with first person in the game is that there are a fair few tight spaces due to the nature of the city. With how in detail the world looks, I wouldn't be surprised at all for there to be chances to bump into NPCs that give quests etc in the game just by sheer chance on the streets, so it might be somewhat of an issue of accidentally making an enemy of one of them by hitting them or one of their mates etc. Also the same if there is a Fallout 3/NV 'karma' type system where being a clumsy driver might get you confused for being a homicidal maniac that nobody wants anything to do with.

I'm probably overthinking it there, but it's just something that crossed my mind earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Combat looked like it was on easy mode .

I'm sure there'll be an elite difficulty mode you can play ( and subsequently tell people that you played ) when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hope it's high risk high reward and not just bullet-sponginess.

ME: Andromeda's biggest failure in mechanics was how attritional the combat was until the last third of the game, where it flipped to being trivially easy.

I think it's important in shooters that you feel powerful, even if you're also fragile and can't take that much damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Looks great, but I would say it is next gen................

I was thinking the same after E3, the fact they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.

they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.
    I thought they have said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I was thinking the same after E3, the fact they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.

They have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I thought they have said that?
    Cina wrote: »
    They have.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Anyone have a rough outline on how they'd like to build their V?
    I'm thinking morally flexible, follow the money with swords and a motorcycle.
    Split skill points between solo and tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• 100% human / no cybernetics
    • Master unarmed combat if possible
    • Invest in every way to gain best speech options
    • Gain tons of money through trading/screwing people
    • Bribe and yap my way through everything
    • Maybe hire some protection
    • Only time I'll touch a weapon is when I'm selling it two sides of a conflict so I can profit off it
    • Female body
    • Suit attire

Let's hope any of that can be done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Basically Sombra:
    • Max hacking ASAP
    • Stealth camo if available (same for translocator)
    • Keep friends but be ready to betray them if needed
    • Be as sarcastic as possible
    • Screw over the corpos at all costs

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm just going to get a nice, steady job in Buck-a-Slice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Really looking forward to this...I feel old but I actually played the pen and paper RPG:o

Really looking forward to this...I feel old but I actually played the pen and paper RPG:o
    Same here! I've been waiting for this game all my life :D

• 100% human / no cybernetics
    • Master unarmed combat if possible
    • Invest in every way to gain best speech options
    • Gain tons of money through trading/screwing people
    • Bribe and yap my way through everything
    • Maybe hire some protection
    • Only time I'll touch a weapon is when I'm selling it two sides of a conflict so I can profit off it
    • Female body
    • Suit attire

Let's hope any of that can be done :D
    No augs? Where is the fun in that? :P
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Basically Sombra:
    • Max hacking ASAP
    • Stealth camo if available (same for translocator)
    • Keep friends but be ready to betray them if needed
    • Be as sarcastic as possible
    • Screw over the corpos at all costs
    Baha, fingers crossed for you. :D I was thinking of making my character look like her but not going for the skillset.
    The older I get the less time I want to spend in character creation.
    Purple highlights and on to the skill tree.
    I'm just going to get a nice, steady job in Buck-a-Slice.
    Be careful if you have to make deliveries.

I only found out that existed a few weeks ago when I was googling the game, sounds class.

I only found out that existed a few weeks ago when I was googling the game, sounds class.
    It was...solid rules with loads of scope to roleplay.

If you're interested in RPG/Game tie in's have a look at the vampire masquerde..another great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you're interested in RPG/Game tie in's have a look at the vampire masquerde..another great game.

Think the game rights for the franchise are still with CCP Games (EVE online), they'd a plan for a big MMO back when everything had to be an MMO( also their background).

I used to laugh at people who were old enough to play DOOM originally and found it graphic or scary or whatever. But looking back I don't know how I could have been scared (was young kid) with the haunted hotel and the hospital or the werewolf in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Loved Masquerade pen and paper too !!!

Varik wrote: »
    Think the game rights for the franchise are still with CCP Games (EVE online), they'd a plan for a big MMO back when everything had to be an MMO( also their background).

Sadly it got binned:mad:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-14-ccp-cancels-vampire-mmo-world-of-darkness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a google there, seems it was bought again by Paradox.

ohhh could be good...I love Crusader Kings 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Paradox's MMO.
    Race Selection
    Human, Elf, Orc (DLC 1 Required), Ogre (DLC 2 Required), Dwarf (Premium Collectors Edition Required)
    Class
    Warrior, Priest, Mage, Paladin (Order of Light DLC required), Demon Hunter (Demon's Descent DLC required), Monk (Brewmasters Brew DLC Required)

Or something like that if Paradox are involved :P

Kiith wrote: »
    Or something like that if Paradox are involved :P
    lol very true :D

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Loved Masquerade pen and paper too !!!
    A new edition was released this year:
    https://www.modiphius.net/collections/vampire-the-masquerade/products/vampire-the-masquerade-ancilla-bundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Soooooooooonnnn

What day will cd be at e3? I'm praying for a release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

They will probably be at tonights Microsoft conference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably at the Microsoft show later. I'm not sure we'll get a huge public demo tho. Think they said they're showing exclusive stuff to attendees.....again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Which is annoying given how they built up this E3 as the biggest press event in their company's history. Hopefully they'll do what they did last year, and release a video after positive feedback from attendees.

They're supposed to be showing something else as well though.

• Advertisement

Surely they will give us a release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

That box art is terrible. I hope it's fake.

It is. That box art is just based on a pic released by CDPR a few days ago.
    They're supposed to be showing something else as well though.

I'm not convinced they will reveal what else they're working on. I was just a very small quote from one developer that started that rumer off.

Could be Witcher 3 on switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That box art is terrible. I hope it's fake.

Dude with gun looking away is the most basic bitch of box arts

Hope they do a reversible cover with cool cyberpunk art or something.

Keane Reeves is in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Fixed that for you

16/4/2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Release date 16th of April

• Advertisement

Keanu + Cyberpunk

hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement