Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ongoing weekend fear......

• 29-05-2012 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anyone else still have the fear from the weekend?

Is there any cure? Would love a hug but I'm at work so realistically that's not going to happen

Any suggestions to kill it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yops,
    Multivitamin Tablets,
    Greasy Food,
    Exercise,
    Find something to do instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself.

You need a good ride tbh
    Oh and a post ride snooze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Any suggestions to kill it?

Few tins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't take as many yokes at the weekend and you should be fine. Meanwhile have a bucket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

What is "the fear"?

Is it a hangover, if so why not just say hangover, where did all this fear stuff come from. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭@rti-shm@rti

Don't take as many yokes at the weekend and you should be fine. Meanwhile have a bucket.

Purely alcohol fuelled fear only
    You need a good ride tbh

Nah - but would love a good spoon. I think that would cure it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Its the fear of what you did or could have done when drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

donalg1 wrote: »
    What is "the fear"?

Is it a hangover, if so why not just say hangover, where did all this fear stuff come from. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

D4 slang that everyone has now started to use because "It's now the thing doncha know?".

I think a gool oul fashioned intervention is what you need OP. Followed by a few drinks to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You should be over it by now! Think I unleashed the last of my weekend 'demons' down the jax about 7pm last night. Have also met all the people I had been drinking with and no "Ah jaysus the state of ya last/the other night" jibes so all is good in the world of Fallon once again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

What is "the fear"?

It's a by-product of a hangover. Very different.
    You'll know it when it happens, it's like love. In opposite-land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You need a good ride tbh

If you are offering then, yeah, I've still got the fear.....bad, real bad :pac:

What is "the fear"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Fear

Ah I think it's a legitimate state to be in - did you never have that feeling of doom on a Sunday evening at the thought of work in the morning? Mine's just lingering on a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

F.E.A.R.

Nah - but would love a good spoon. I think that would cure it

big spoon or little spoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

It's the downer after an alcohol binge, drink water and ride it out, your hormones will balance out and you'll feel less **** soon. Maybe watch some cartoons.

chin_grin wrote: »
    D4 slang that everyone has now started to use because "It's now the thing doncha know?".

I think a gool oul fashioned intervention is what you need OP. Followed by a few drinks to celebrate.

Says it all really, I for one will call it a hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

You need to man the fúck up & deal with the fear :D

big spoon or little spoon?

Ah would have to be little spoon. AND it would have to a proper spoon as well, none of this halfhearted arm thrown over ya messing

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Binge on crap food and watch loads of tv for one full day then for the the rest of the week eat healthy and sweat the fear out of yourself in the gym :)

works for me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

5HTP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

What were you doing at the weekend? Were you running around screaming and crying? If you drink every day you have the fear....every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Yes, there is a brilliant cure, and it is Benzodiazepines.

Valiums,
    Xanax,
    Rivotril,

Basically you use another GABA agonist to ameliorate the alcohol withdrawal.

What is "the fear"?

It's not just a hangover tho...

It's the worse hangover you can get - you feel crap, paranoid, over thinking things that you done/said the night before,worrying about what people think of you, feeling like everyone hates you, wanting to just get up and move away and change your whole life.

It's quite a depression experience.

Your obviously not a heavy drinker :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The Fear/The Horrors. Good times. Here's what you actually do. Take an over the counter pain killer and have a coffee. The two together work to kick the crap out of all that bad voodoo. Scientifically proven.
    Drink water all day and take a multivitamin, a Berocca would be good. Alcohol erodes vitamin and mineral levels, things your body wants making a recovery.

What were you doing at the weekend? Were you running around screaming and crying? If you drink every day you have the fear....every day.

3 in a row

Not one for the drama and crying etc when I'm out so it's just more a 'questioning the direction of my life' fear induced by too much alcohol consumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Drink related depression is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

did you never have that feeling of doom on a Sunday evening at the thought of work in the morning? Mine's just lingering on a bit

I have that every Sunday. Whether Ive been drinking or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Find your neutral space. You got a rush. It'll pass. Be seated.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    It's not just a hangover tho...

It's the worse hangover you can get - you feel crap, paranoid, over thinking things that you done/said the night before,worrying about what people think of you, feeling like everyone hates you, wanting to just get up and move away and change your whole life.

It's quite a depression experience.

Your obviously not a heavy drinker :P

Or I can just handle my drink!!;)

• Advertisement

Its nothing to do with handling your drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

ice Cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

When you get home after work man up and do a bunch of chores. Clean that bathroom, mop that kitchen floor, get your washing up to date. I guarantee you'll feel a million times better after doing so.

Nope..... it's all about heavy drinking nothing about handling

I can handle my drink and I still get the FEAR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jj92

Surprised this video hasn't gone seriously viral. The Fear explained in all it's glory.. now you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VN4B-_quG8

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with handling your drink.

But if you can handle your drink you dont need to worry about the stupid things you did at the weekend therefore no fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Aka the horrors.

The older I get the worse it gets. Feeling like the worst thing in the world is about to happen. Plenty of food and don't dwell on negative thoughts. To prevent it, don't drink/drug so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

jj92 wrote: »
    Surprised this video hasn't gone seriously viral. The Fear explained in all it's glory.. now you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VN4B-_quG8

That guy's voice is far too annoying.
    I only lasted 15 seconds.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Nope..... it's all about heavy drinking nothing about handling

I can handle my drink and I still get the FEAR ;)

Yes, exactly. I can go out and drink to oblivion tonight, and I will have a good hangover tomorrow. No fear though.

Do it 3 or 4 nights in a row, and along comes the fear then. Although i never call it that myself.

But if you can handle your drink you dont need to worry about the stupid things you did at the weekend therefore no fear.

Ah my fear isn't really so specific........I drink heavy and make an eejit of myself from time to time but in this case it's more a general fear....like why am I so broke, why am I so single? blah blah blah

Yea but the reality is, its actually depression caused by the drink. Not a hangover. And the depression is the thing that makes people feel everything little thing is bothering them.

Nothing to do with handling your drink, or hangovers either. The hangover just adds to the depressed feeling.

• Advertisement

Ah my fear isn't really so specific........I drink heavy and make an eejit of myself from time to time but in this case it's more a general fear....like why am I so broke, why am I so single? blah blah blah

Been there all right, why am I so broke and why did I waste all my money on stupid alcohol, hate the cold panic for no reason you get after a heavy one. Will feel it again soon enough I am sure especially with the Euro's coming up and the first match being on Sunday at 19.45 not gonna be a good monday

Been there all right, why am I so broke and why did I waste all my money on stupid alcohol,

No you haven't gotten it - your just stingy with money :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's big spoon/little spoon? The whole image only works if the spoons are roughly the same size and shape.

Besides, a Newton's cradle is so much more romantic.

Aka the horrors.

The older I get the worse it gets. Feeling like the worst thing in the world is about to happen. Plenty of food and don't dwell on negative thoughts. To prevent it, don't drink/drug so much.

Yea and the less drink it takes to cause it as well.

What's big spoon/little spoon? The whole image only works if the spoons are roughly the same size and shape.

Besides, a Newton's cradle is so much more romantic.

The person in front is the littlespoon. The big spoon person is behind them. Usually it's the bigger person who's the big spoon, it's a huggy mindy thing :)

Edit: often leads to fantastic fear-banishing sex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

3 in a row

Not one for the drama and crying etc when I'm out so it's just more a 'questioning the direction of my life' fear induced by too much alcohol consumption

If you're not running around screaming and crying on the actual night out itself then your fear is bollocks. Get involved in a serious night out, commit crimes, break relationships, cause damage and then sit back the next day in a beautifully fuzzy blanket of insidious terror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

To be honest, that's a load of boll*cks and it has nothing to do with "D4"?

It's a feeling of dread, your mental state that can sometimes accompany the physical symptoms of a hangover, irrational anxiety for no real reason - And often carries on well after the physical symptoms subside.

Not everyone suffers from it.

It's like a mild DTs

Now c*ck off with "I'm a bleedin real dub with me hangovers" ....c*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Oh and my fear lasted from Saturday to yesterday.

Work nights are a f*cking nightmare - Unless you have phone numbers of all the people you were out with.

I also got the dreaded "Saw you at "x" friday ...bananas you were" text on sunday so that didn't help.

I also got the dreaded "Saw you at "x" friday ...bananas you were" text on sunday so that didn't help.

This bullsh1t should be illegal. Does my head in.

If you're not running around screaming and crying on the actual night out itself then your fear is bollocks. Get involved in a serious night out, commit crimes, break relationships, cause damage and then sit back the next day in a beautifully fuzzy blanket of insidious terror.

I scored someone I've fancied for ages one of the nights and it seems like it's a no go so that PLUS the fact that I am going out far too much and regressing maturity wise is what is fuelling my depression!!

It doesn't always have to be a 'crap why did I bawl my eyes out to a work colleague' or 'why was I pole dancing in front of everyone in coppers' sort of fear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement