Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel the 'only democracy' in the Middle East strikes again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭The Israeli

But many people including me condemn them.
    I have been living in the heart of that area for more than 2 years. During that time the number of the refugees / illegal immigrants skyrocketed.

Some of them are refugees that came for shelter. Some of them came for work.
    The government has to deal with those people responsibly. So far, it doesn't have a good idea what to do with them. They aren't allowed to work legally, and their life is very uneasy. And still, they prefer to be in Israel than in their country or countries like Egypt where they are being shot.

The government should legalize their status until deportation of the illegal immigrants amongst them.
    The violence and the incitement is a very severe thing and it has to stop.
    It has mainly started after 2 rape cases of Israeli young girls by the immigrants / refugees. Never the less, blaming them all for that is a wrong too.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

brimal wrote: »
    Brown Bomber, due to your reputation, I won't be replying to anything you quote me in.

Well done on yet another successful Godwin though.

If the cap fits. Which part of an angry mob consisting of the ethnic majority violently attacking people in the street, pulling them from the cars and smashing up their property because of the colour of their skin is not a pogrom to you?

But many people including me condemn them.
    To be fair this is true. The was a large counter-demo http://972mag.com/marching-in-pain-images-from-tel-avivs-post-riot-protest/46740/

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Israeli women and teenage girls have been raped by Africans. This backlash against black immigrants is understandable.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/25/backlash-against-african-migrants-israel.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Israeli women and teenage girls have been raped by Africans. This backlash against black immigrants is understandable.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/25/backlash-against-african-migrants-israel.html

So because children have been molested by Irish catholics we should have an understandable backlash against Irish catholics.....makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

No its not; its racist.
    I hear a few dark looking fellas stole a TV the other day maybe you should go and give a few a good kicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

tipptom wrote: »
    Your obsessive critisism of anything irish amazes me,no problem seeing where your pro anything goes Isreali stance stems from.

Get over yourself and stop defending the indefensible. I'd like you to retract your statement about "obsessive critisism" (I assume you meant criticism) too thanks. It couldnt be further from the truth :)

A crowd of less than a thousand take part in whatever sort of mob act this was and you think its fine for people to announce that "Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask" and go about defending them? Incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

bwatson wrote: »
    tipptom wrote: »
    Your obsessive critisism of anything irish amazes me,no problem seeing where your pro anything goes Isreali stance stems from.

Get over yourself and stop defending the indefensible. I'd like you to retract your statement about "obsessive critisism" (I assume you meant criticism) too thanks. It couldnt be further from the truth :)

A crowd of less than a thousand take part in whatever sort of mob act this was and you think its fine for people to announce that "Once again the true nature of Israeli society drops it's mask" and go about defending them? Incredible.

Any sympathy at all for the people suffering the riots?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The problem for me here is not that there were violent far-right and basically racially motivated protests, we see these in Europe too, the major problem being that there were members of the ruling government party in attendance and seemingly stirring up the crowd, that's the difference. Elsewhere when these type of protests happen, they are always marginalised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

oops, is it time for 3 minutes of hate, where does the day go?

What is the purpose of this thread, other than to vent hatred on Jews?
    How does it bring anything new to the discussion?
    I thought the thread was about Jews venting hate on African people ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

I thought the thread was about Jews venting hate on African people ? :rolleyes:
    I thought it was about Israelis, but then it suits some peoples agends to translate the actions of a few Israelis into the "Evil Jew", doesn't it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

SocSocPol wrote: »
    I thought it was about Israelis, but then it suits some peoples agends to translate the actions of a few Israelis into the "Evil Jew", doesn't it.
    No it's about the racist nature of the Zionist state, after all, this was the only state in the world to sell nuclear waeapons to aparthied South Africa.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/23/israel-south-africa-nuclear-weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

No it's about the racist nature of the Zionist state, after all, this was the only state in the world to sell nuclear waeapons to aparthied South Africa.

From reading your posts it seems to be about Jew hating, something very reminiscent of 1930's Germany about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

From reading your posts it seems to be about Jew hating, something very reminiscent of 1930's Germany about it.

You getting any hints of 1930 Germany from what is happening to immigrants in Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Where does Jew hating come into it? Not all Jews are Zionists, by a very long shot. You're confusing hatred for a particular race, religion or ethnic group with hatred of a particular political ideology.
    That's exactly like suggesting I hate Irish people because I hate Fianna Fail, or I hate Americans because I hate neo consevative policies which Bush enacted.

Hatred of a political ideology does not equal hatred for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Are they legal or illegal immigrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

IrishAm wrote: »
    Are they legal or illegal immigrants?

Given Israhell's immigration policy, it is unlikely that anyone of African origin is there "legally".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Given Israhell's immigration policy, it is unlikely that anyone of African origin is there "legally".

They should deport them so.

What sort of idiot migrates illegally to a self proclaimed Jewish state for Jewish people.

It aint gonna work out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Anyone who uses the word 'Israhell' shouldn't be taken seriously, by any side of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

No more OT posting please and thanks

Whether you like the OP or not, the sub-topic here is fairly clear. This is not a generic Israel/Middle East catch all thread.

Cheers

DrG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

So you could say it's not even that Israel itself is the worst aspect of this, it's the hypocrisy of the "we love freedom" united states who throw money at them in order to appease a lobby group.
    Unfortunately the US isn't supporting Israel just because of a lobbying group. Israel is essentially a useful pawn for their general Middle Eastern power-grab. Israel (which a lot of people forget) was a proxy during the Cold War against Soviet proxies like Egypt and Syria. The support for Israel has been continued because the Americans have grand plans in the region. It is doubtful they would simply support Israel just to satisfy a lobbying group.

For example, the Irish are a much more significant force in the politics of the USA but if the Americans really wanted to please them they would have manipulated the UK to unite Ireland a long time ago.
    Says it all really that you had to go to RT to find your anti-semitic news. Your source has zero credibility and has been shown to be extremely biased in the past. It's a mouthpiece for the Russian government. Why do you think RTE or the BBC doesn't bother reporting this drivel?
    What a load of flip. Not only do you accuse him of being a racist for...exposing racism, you also use the classic fallacy of calling anything anti-Israel anti-semitic. Plus, if that wasn't bad enough, you dismiss the story because the RTE and the BBC did not report it. There is a hilarious irony in your post, as you accuse RT of being unreliable due to it being state-owned, but then you use two other Western state-owned news stations as models. Lol. RTE is owned (albeit partially privatised) by the Irish government, and the BBC is owned by the UK government. Way to go!

RT is "alternative media" in that it gives an often different viewpoint (one you dismiss as unreliable and biased). For example, it is refreshing to see an alternative view of Libya and Syria considering I am shoehorned with the trite ("Asad and Gaddafi kill kids!") American viewpoint daily. This flip is also reflected in the UK media (who generally are an extension of the Americans).

(Although I do agree that "Israeli Kristallnacht" is very OTT)
    I don't see how it differs from the 100 other "Jews are bad" threads from the same small group of participants.

Another load of crap. Notice how you said "Jews" and not "Israelis" which is who we are against here. Most people dislike Israelis for...well, what they do, not what they are. Again another obsolete strawman argument.

Are you a Zionist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

brimal wrote: »
    So 1,000 protesters in southern Tel Aviv represents 'the true nature of Israeli society'?

I seem to recall the Israeli foreign ministry labeling Ireland as the most "hostile" nation toward Israel after a much smaller march in Dublin by a tiny amount of people. Why should Israel be perceived differently if thats the mindset of Israeli officials?? Seems the Israelis can make sweeping generalisations when it suits them which they do. When they are not stealing our passports that is and murdering people on them. Israel is always the "victim" and the first to cry wolf its quite pathetic , though very few people buy into it anymore outside USrael.

WakeUp wrote: »
    I seem to recall the Israeli foreign ministry labeling Ireland as the most "hostile" nation toward Israel after a much smaller march in Dublin by a tiny amount of people. Why should Israel be perceived differently if thats the mindset of Israeli officials?? Seems the Israelis can make sweeping generalisations when it suits them which they do. When they are not stealing our passports that is and murdering people on them. Israel is always the "victim" and the first to cry wolf its quite pathetic , though very few people buy into it anymore outside USrael.

Netanyahu-ultimate.jpg

IMO It's not that Israeli people are any more racist than anyone else, there has been a dramatic surge in the lunatic-right across the board in the Western world in recent times. The Jewish diaspora, despite small numbers have been champions of civil rights and egalitarianism everywhere they've gone - Jews were instrumental in the ending of apartheid in South Africa for example.

However Zionism - which is based on Jewish exceptionalism - is racist. Anti-racist, Israeli-Zionists must be in a constant state of cognitive dissonance. Due to demographics the nature of the ethnically Jewish state must be preserved therefore non-Jews need not apply.

Advertisement