Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Issues

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

This is the following issue i am having with Electrical Ireland regarding my early payment of my bill. this is the 1st email i sent to them today. 23rd/May

To Electrical Ireland,
    I paid my bill on the 12th of May through your early payment option on your website and which is also stated on the Bill itself. This meant I had paid my bill of €122.31 two days before my Direct Debit, which was due on the 14th. Subsequently i receive a letter from Electrical Ireland stating that my Direct debit was not paid and that I will be punished for this error by the sum of €6. I was also fined €12.07 by Bank of Ireland for non payment of a direct debit. So basically for paying something early which all businesses enjoy receiving i am at the loss of €18.07.
    Plus I also used over €4 on my telephone credit for a long telephone call to your customer service where I highlight this issue, I was treated like another rat on a thread wheel and my complaint was dismissed with no sense of regard.
    Now If i am not reimbursed or appeased in any way I will be taking this further either through a small media campaign (the field I work in) or I will switch to another provider based on principal and fair play.

My account number is xxxxxxxxx

I hope to hear from you soon and this can all be avoided, however I am very angry about this and that anger will drive me on if nothing happens.

Regards

David Condon xxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yorbloke

Good Afternoon David

Thank you for your email.

For this query we have assigned tracking number 367435.

When you paid your bill on 14.05.2012 unfortunately we have already gone out to collect your direct debit. We collect the payment 14 days after the bill issues. The exact payment collection date is shown on each bill.

Your bank account will be deducted on the date of shown on your bill but your bank may initiate a payment transaction 3 days before from the date of our payment collection.

For future reference, if you need to change your payment date, please call us on 1850 372 372 as soon as you get your bill.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Mahelet

Customer Care Team

Electric Ireland
    National Contact Centre
    Ph 1850 372 372
    Outside Ireland 00353 1 8529534
    Fax: 021 4844532
    Email: service@electricireland.ie
    www.electricireland.ie

I'm astounded at their incompetence. I paid the bill on the 12th of May..!!!
    here is my reply...!!!!

More incompetence on behalf of the Electrical Ireland group. I have stated in my email that ! paid my bill on the 12th of May and not on the 14th as you declare. . "Payment terms are 14 days from date of bill issue". as written on your website and invoices.
    I will state again I paid the Bill on the 12th of May.

And no disrespect to yourself Mahelet but I would like to deal some one who is proficient in the English language or your supervisor..

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You don't seem to understand how the direct debit process works. You signed up to pay by direct debit. Electric Ireland prepared the direct debit file accordingly and sent it to the bank for collection. This takes place several days in advance of the actual collection date.

When you paid, it would still take several days for Electric Ireland to receive your payment, and in the meantime they had issued the direct debit instruction.

Basically, the real cause of this mess is you. You paid the bill too close to the direct debit while you should have waited for the direct debit to be collected as per the agreement between yourself and Electric Ireland.

The manner in which you have behaved in that second email to the customer service agent is terrible. Frankly, I'm embarrassed even reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Another fine example of an effeciently run company where everything is out sorced including the billing probably. Then when you do require to call customer service try and actually get to talk to someone about the exact issue you want. if it hasn't been entered in their data base already as an issue know one has the cop to deal with it. It's amazing when it comes to taking your money they can get it right every time but when it comes to being compensated or getting your money back no system in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

yorbloke wrote: »
    Now If i am not reimbursed or appeased in any way I will be taking this further either through a small media campaign (the field I work in) or I will switch to another provider based on principal and fair play.

Gee - EI are quaking in their boots.

why oh why oh why do some people try and use blackmail when trying to get an issue resolved.

stupid stupid stupid.

If I were EI, I'd tell you to run along and p1ss off and next time write without the threat of blackmail and you might get an answer.

• Advertisement

somebody works for Electrical Ireland... it states on the bill i can pay 14 days after the issue of the Bill. i paid 12 days after the bill issue...i was 2 days early.!
    now go back to your EI customer service desk their Grainne.

sure thats all i can do... if i could more i would.. but sure i am only one man alone on his pc being robbed by a huge million euro outfit.

Sandin thats not very helpful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yeah sadly you dont seem to understand direct debit, with any compnay its takes 3 days to process, if you paid 2 days earlier this might have been avoided, own fault, get over it, they might be nice and throw you a sympathy bone but i wouldnt hold my breath

crusher000 wrote: »
    Another fine example of an effeciently run company where everything is out sorced including the billing probably. Then when you do require to call customer service try and actually get to talk to someone about the exact issue you want. if it hasn't been entered in their data base already as an issue know one has the cop to deal with it. It's amazing when it comes to taking your money they can get it right every time but when it comes to being compensated or getting your money back no system in place.

well said crusher.. totally agree. its like a a maze to try and find some help or issue a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

somebody works for Electrical Ireland... it states on the bill i can pay 14 days after the issue of the Bill. i paid 12 days after the bill issue...i was 2 days early.!
    now go back to your EI customer service desk their Grainne.

ah the old "you must work for them" answer.

Read the mail you sent to them. If someone sent the same mail to you complaining about a short film they paid to see, what would you do?

Too many eejits rant and rave when they complain. The person getting that complaint reads it and says, yep, another eejit, do the minimum, send basic reply, throw it in the bin.

However if you send a letter with basic manners and be polite, you'd be amazed at how different the response from companies will be.

Basically, manners cost nothing - use them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And no disrespect to yourself Mahelet but I would like to deal some one who is proficient in the English language or your supervisor..

There was absolutely no need for this, the email you received was perfectly adequate and didn't warrant this kind of shíte. Especially as your own English is less than stellar.

The manner in which you have behaved in that second email to the customer service agent is terrible. Frankly, I'm embarrassed even reading it.

you live in a cocoon. you ring most customer services now and they are made up of incompetent foreigners drooling over their cabbage soup and tacos looking blankly at their pc's.. they havnt a clue and you are there at the end of the line running out of credit and trying to get some customer service.
    you sound like a right do gooder to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭28064212

May 12th is a Saturday. You filled in a form on that day. Your bill got paid on Monday the 14th. You are completely in the wrong

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

sandin wrote: »
    ah the old "you must work for them" answer.

Read the mail you sent to them. If someone sent the same mail to you complaining about a short film they paid to see, what would you do?

Too many eejits rant and rave when they complain. The person getting that complaint reads it and says, yep, another eejit, do the minimum, send basic reply, throw it in the bin.

However if you send a letter with basic manners and be polite, you'd be amazed at how different the response from companies will be.

Basically, manners cost nothing - use them.

Sandin that's not very helpful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

you live in a cocoon. you ring most customer services now and they are made up of incompetent foreigners drooling over their cabbage soup and tacos looking blankly at their pc's.. they havnt a clue and you are there at the end of the line running out of credit and trying to get some customer service.

i think you need to stop talking, the points have been made that it is not elec ire at fault, you are and you are turning this into an excuse to express your racism and high degree of ignorance.

28064212 wrote: »
    May 12th is a Saturday. You filled in a form on that day. Your bill got paid on Monday the 14th. You are completely in the wrong

It states on their website and on the Invoice that i can pay within 14 days from the date of the bill issued. I received the bill on the 30th of April.. I paid it on the 12th..!!!1 I paid within the 14 days of the bill being issued..!!! do you people work for the banks or something..!!! (sorry Sandin)

It states on their website and on the Invoice that i can pay within 14 days from the date of the bill issued. I received the bill on the 30th of April.. I paid it on the 12th..!!!1 I paid within the 14 days of the bill being issued..!!! do you people work for the banks or something..!!! (sorry Sandin)
    Highlighted the parts that are wrong. You CAN NOT pay on the weekend. It is impossible to do so. Laser payments are not processed on the weekend. You filled out the form on Saturday. You PAID on Monday

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No one is denying you paid within 14 days, that's not the problem at all.

i think you need to stop talking, the points have been made that it is not elec ire at fault, you are and you are turning this into an excuse to express your racism and high degree of ignorance.

hahaha racism..that old chestnut.. I am not a racist i just dont respect customer services agent who are mainly made up of foreigners.

• Advertisement

no we just know how direct debit works, did you notify ei to let them know you had paid? the three days thing is fairly common knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

My on-topic response is - you're in the wrong.

But this crap:
    you ring most customer services now and they are made up of incompetent foreigners drooling over their cabbage soup and tacos looking blankly at their pc's..

Is disgusting.

EDIT:
    hahaha racism..that old chestnut.. I am not a racist i just dont respect customer services agent who are mainly made up of foreigners.

Yeah, um, that is racism...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Wow! ...just wow.

and you came here for advice?

Well i know where i'd tell ya to shove your issue...

How blatantly racist can you be on a public forum, how rude! ... and expect help and advice from others?

Beggers belief

28064212 wrote: »
    Highlighted the parts that are wrong. You CAN NOT pay on the weekend. It is impossible to do so. Laser payments are not processed on the weekend. You filled out the form on Saturday. You PAID on Monday

ok but it doesnt say by the way you cant pay at the weekends..! it states within 14 days... WOW some support here.

ok but it doesnt say by the way you cant pay at the weekends..! it states within 14 days... WOW some support here.

... theres somethings that maybe if you think, you dont need it spelled out... banks dont operate on weekends my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

crusher000 wrote: »

Another fine example of someone posting from a position of ignorance on the subject.

Electric Ireland do not outsource their billing, nor any other aspect of their business. The OP did get to talk about the "exact issue". It was replied to and dealt with. Where are you going with that rant???

The OP was in the wrong and already explained by others here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Why would you expect to get support when you are in the wrong and have been ignorant and racist in your dealings with the company?

ok but it doesnt say by the way you cant pay at the weekends..! it states within 14 days...
    Which is nothing whatsoever to do with Electric Ireland. That is a restriction of the Laser system, which does tell you that you can't pay on the weekends
    WOW some support here.
    No ****. That's because supporting people who are totally in the wrong and are ignorant would be pretty stupid

• Advertisement

themadchef wrote: »
    Wow! ...just wow.

and you came here for advice?

Well i know where i'd tell ya to shove your issue...

How blatantly racist can you be on a public forum, how rude! ... and expect help and advice from others?

Beggers belief

the facts speak for themselves... customer support agents are mainly made up of foreigners. and that it takes an age to get your point across to them or get the help required.. if that makes me a racist well then i'm a racist. Up the Dublin Taxi drivers by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement