Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The most damage an animal has caused to your car etc.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quazzie wrote: »
    I hit a dog whilst travelling at high speed. Car needed a headlight,,a wing, new bonnet, and a front bumper. total cost was €1200, but the worst part was telling the owner their 13 year old family pet was dead.

I'd say they were even more distressed when you gave them the bill for the repairs.

Where To wrote: »
    Hit a crow doing a bit over the speed limit (more than twice the limit:o) in me dad's brand new mondeo when I was a youngfella.

Hit the grill, then the bonnet, windscreen and hit the roof that hard it bent the pillars.

Hold on, a crow or a cow? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

With my old car I hit a hare at 70mph. Took a lump out of my bumper and broke it into bits... Drove around for a week with no front bumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'd say they were even more distressed when you gave them the bill for the repairs.
    I felt too guilty about killing the dog that was a family pet older than some of their kids that I never went back.

I paid all €1200 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Heroditas wrote: »

Hold on, a crow or a cow? :confused:
    Was moving fairly fast and it was a long time ago, but it had wings and feathers and a beak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Where To wrote: »
    Was moving fairly fast and it was a long time ago, but it had wings and feathers and a beak.

So this then ya
    180px-Griffin.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/monster/images/f/f1/Griffin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willard

A friend of mine hit a sheepdog at speed & wrote off his fiesta.
    Me I had a relatively new polo & had just replaced & got sprayed a brand new passenger mirror 2 days before its first nct. Took the scenic route over the hills home from Nct centre, a sheep loose on the road jumped out and snapped the new mirror clean off. the paint was barely dry, it was on the car a total of 3 days & in total had set me back €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I was going to ask in this situation who foots the bill? I always assume its the animal owner as a lady in a polo hit one of our cows a couple of years ago and it cost 3.5k and we paid it. We were at fault which i dont have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

It's normally to owner afaik, i one hit a dog, when i got out to check on it it's owner came out and insisted it was ok and that i should be on my way,

I think the same applies to Trees and gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Hit a turkey. Cracked my reg plate surround.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Mid 90's (95 iirc) i came home from France for two days holidays, reserved a car when I was in the airport in Paris to be picked up in Dublin. Got to Dublin and they didn't want to give me the car (a Golf) as it was brand new and I was a bit young; it seems they gave their 2-3 year old cars to younger people where possible and gave newer cars to "more mature" drivers.

It was getting late but they gave it to me anyway and I set off, about 6 miles after Mullingar on the road to Longford I hit a bullock and wrote the Golf off, the A pillar on the passenger side was totally flattened. The car had exactly 653 miles on the tacho, I remember it to this day!:pac:

I spent so long sorting the insurance out the next day that I never got to see the parents, kipped on a mates couch in Rathmines the next night and flew out the following morning.

Bullock died too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did you faire up da barbie? :P
    Hit a turkey. Cracked my reg plate surround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I had an animal that urinated on my pax seat under duress in my old jetta ....since scrapped. Could I get the smell of pee out of the car.....nope. I never forgave her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

2 stroke wrote: »
    I've never had worse than bird**** on my car but a bumblebee(or something similar) hit me on the knee and I doing 90 mph on a bike, hurt like hell.
    this has happened me, only it was a wasp, and it it made its way into my helmet at speed, good thing i was doing a damn sight less than 90mph!

have had knee bees though and they hurt

Advertisement