Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished iPad 2 w/ Wi-Fi 16GB - White + Black €319 @ Apple Store Online)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Ah that's deadly! :)

I'm gonna go for the wifi one when it comes back in stock, I keep missing out on them:mad:

how often do the refurbs come back in stock?

do it come in the original box?

p.s do post pics of it:D
    There is no real average, the black is about every 5/6 days and the white around 9. Use refurb.me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Right here is some pics of the unboxing.

It came in a normal brown box, I thought there would be an unbranded box inside, but instead.....
    d6841c79.jpg

A close of up the writing on the front.
    95f7a3b4.jpg

A pic of the front of the iPad and the accessories that come in the box.
    5979f5bb.jpg

It really is just like brand new, if it didn't say refurbished on the box You really wouldn't believe it.

Back in stock now. 347 units according to refurb.me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Back in stock now. 347 units according to refurb.me

Still says out of stock.

EDIT : Actually its the 3G ones that are in stock http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FC982B/A?afid=p204%7C1923420&cid=AOS-EMEA-Aff-All

Kamjana wrote: »
    Still says out of stock.

EDIT : Actually its the 3G ones that are in stock http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FC982B/A?afid=p204%7C1923420&cid=AOS-EMEA-Aff-All
    White 16gb wifi version is in stock at my end. Make sure you select the white option on right of page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was always anti against the ipad.. as in thinking of it as a big iphone.. although i have a iphone4 sitting the drawer unused(use an android) but i may just get this myself. can anyone tell me what ios version they're shipped with?
    white & black are showing out of stock for me also..(16+32)
    I also think if you go through fatcheese you get 2% back or so

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Lenny wrote: »
    I was always anti against the ipad.. as in thinking of it as a big iphone.. although i have a iphone4 sitting the drawer unused(use an android) but i may just get this myself. can anyone tell me what ios version they're shipped with?
    There could still be some stock of iPads using iOS 4.3. There's no indication on the iPad box as to what iOS is installed. You'll be able to update soon anyhow

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There could still be some stock of iPads using iOS 4.3. There's no indication on the iPad box as to what iOS is installed. You'll be able to update soon anyhow

I'd be wondering what ios they're on to jailbreak.. :)

Lenny wrote: »

Hey, mine came with 5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Does anyone know if the 32gb wifi only versions come up often - looks like they were up for less than an hour last time so not sure if I should hold out and wait for one or just get the 64gb now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

Can anyone give guidance on why I'd want a 64GB or 32GB iPad over a 16GB one?

What is likely to take up storage space? Photos? Music? The operating system? Apps?

If I had a 16GB iPad with say a dozen apps, how much space would I be likely to be left with for everything else?

Thanks

homer911 wrote: »
    Can anyone give guidance on why I'd want a 64GB or 32GB iPad over a 16GB one?

What is likely to take up storage space? Photos? Music? The operating system? Apps?

If I had a 16GB iPad with say a dozen apps, how much space would I be likely to be left with for everything else?

Thanks

If you have a large music library then that could take up a lot of space, for that reason I decided not to put my music on my iPad, I already have an iPhone so my music is already on that,

I'm using my iPad for apps mostly, it is impossible to tell you how much memory you would have left with a dozen apps as the apps are all different sizes s take up different amounts of space. What I can tell you is that I have about 30 odd apps on mine and I have over 7GB left over. If I was gong to be put my music on my iPad as well then I would have to make some sacrifices with apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

what's the advantage of jailbreaking the ipad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

tk123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 32gb wifi only versions come up often - looks like they were up for less than an hour last time so not sure if I should hold out and wait for one or just get the 64gb now?

2 weeks ago the 32gb ones were in stock for a few days. Just keep checking back, they'll turn up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

patch wrote: »
    2 weeks ago the 32gb ones were in stock for a few days. Just keep checking back, they'll turn up again.

GAH!!:( Well I waited too long to get the 64GB - out of stock!! So I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

16gb & 64gb in stock again now

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Just placed an order for the 16gb, waiting for a confirmation email now though...

stuba wrote: »
    Just placed an order for the 16gb, waiting for a confirmation email now though...

They will call you in a couple of hours to confirm all your details and then the confirmation email will come through.

Ya? Cool man. They must have changed that since the last time I ordered my mac. Just got a confirmation email, a few minutes later. Wasnt such a limited supply then though. Still no email off refurb.me, or is that just me??

stuba wrote: »
    Ya? Cool man. They must have changed that since the last time I ordered my mac. Just got a confirmation email, a few minutes later. Wasnt such a limited supply then though. Still no email off refurb.me, or is that just me??

I never got an email off refurb.me, luckily I just happened to be on boards and saw they were back in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I never got an email off refurb.me, luckily I just happened to be on boards and saw they were back in stock.

You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Apple refurbs come with a full warranty and the product gets a new case/screen. However, you will get it in a refurb box. I've never bought one, I just know these things because I worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    Apple refurbs come with a full warranty and the product gets a new case/screen. However, you will get it in a refurb box. I've never bought one, I just know these things because I worked there.

The new style box is the usual white but has refurbished tastefully printed on the front.
    Not the old style brown cardboard.

I decided to give them a call yesterday enquirying about this, and the lady on the phone took my phone number and said she would give me a call when the 16gb ipad 2 comes back into stock.. got no phone call.. also that site I signed up to track the ipad got no email either...
    I did get a couple off the website but when I checked the site they didn't have any in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I ordered a 16GB wifi and a 16GB wifi/3G today and haven't received a phone call or confirmation email yet. Is this standard procedure?

I didn't get any phone calls, just confirmation emails (payment confirm/tracking info)
    It did take about 1-2 hours to confirm payment after I placed the order.

It arrived the next day, but I did order it at 8:00am.

I ordered mine this morning aswell, got a confirmation email and dispatch email, so I would enquire about it BanzaiBk

raging now i missed this, checked it so many times during the course of today, guess i'll check back tomorrow morning at 8 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Thanks guys I got a confirmation email 20 minutes ago. Lenny I've been refreshing for a week now, they seem to pop up randomly. It's very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Just got my Ipad this minute, it came in a taxi :D

Advertisement