Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good skincare range that's cheap and free of animal testing?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

the title says it all really.
    I am desperately looking for a budget friendly skincare range that is cruelty free.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I am in my 30s, have oily skin with a tendency to break out)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

Twee. wrote: »

Hi,

thanks. I know this link. It is mainly about cosmetics and not specifically about skin care. Also, most things mentioned there are either high end (aka not budget friendly) or only available online. I was hoping for something that I could just pick up in Boots or a local pharmacy. The hardest thing to buy seems to be a cruelty free, budget friendly, non-comedogenic day-time moisturizer with an spf of 15 or greater.

I also value people's experience with what they use (which is why I explained my skin type). A random link to some company isn't quite what I was looking for. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hi,

thanks. I know this link. It is mainly about cosmetics and not specifically about skin care. Also, most things mentioned there are either high end (aka not budget friendly) or only available online. I was hoping for something that I could just pick up in Boots or a local pharmacy. The hardest thing to buy seems to be a cruelty free, budget friendly, non-comedogenic day-time moisturizer with an spf of 15 or greater.

I also value people's experience with what they use (which is why I explained my skin type). A random link to some company isn't quite what I was looking for. :(

I was just pointing you in the direction of some previous discussion that could be of some help? It's not a random link, it's a link about cruelty free cosmetic products. This thread is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Pretty sure Avene are and they have reasonably priced products with an SPF, ok they're not cheap as chips but lovely products, well made and suitable for sensitive skin..but we were talking about skincare in the other thread too so feel free to ask there as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Ren have a really good range for oily skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Nivea is quite good and the brand doesn't test on animals (nor does the parent company, Beiersdorf, so that opens up a few more doors for products in general. La Prairie, as an example, but that's pretty expensive).

M&S don't either, although I haven't used their products so I don't know what they're like.

I use the oil cleansing method (OCM) so use castor oil and extra virgin olive oil now. No more products for me! It might be worth a look, it's done wonders for my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I agree that the whole thing is very difficult. I find the below link quite useful but as you will see there isnt a lot on it that is both reasonably priced and cruelty free .

http://nottested.co.uk/Toiletries.html

Advertisement