Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Competitions (list of)

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I know this was posted already, just a reminder
    Trying to get something together for it at the moment
    http://www.stingingfly.org/content/davy-byrnes-short-story-award-2014

Closing date for entries
    Monday Feb 3rd 2014

Anyone else entering ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

I had it at the back of my mind, but I don't know if I'll be ready by the date.( Or ever.):) I feel a bit like Charlie Bucket. Such a prize!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I know this was posted already, just a reminder
    Trying to get something together for it at the moment
    http://www.stingingfly.org/content/davy-byrnes-short-story-award-2014

Closing date for entries
    Monday Feb 3rd 2014

Anyone else entering ?

I generally don't trust entry fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I generally don't trust entry fees.

With a €20,000 prize fund a €10 entry doesn't seem unreasonable, but I wouldn't like to pay much more.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Looks like I'm entering.

I found out tonight that it's only run every 5 years. So... yeah.

I found something on my harddrive that isn't terrible and is complete. Going to spend tomorrow making it better and get that February 3rd post mark on it on Monday!

• Advertisement

Time to get working on entries for Listowel Writer's Week competitions. Closing date is 1st March http://writersweek.ie/competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Did anyone get confirmation regarding their entry to the Davy Byrne competition. I expected to receive a confirmation of some sort that entry had been received but nothing.

No, received no confirmation, but wasn't expecting to I suppose. It's the first one I've entered.

Kayly wrote: »
    No, received no confirmation, but wasn't expecting to I suppose. It's the first one I've entered.

Yeh my first too, but it would be nice if they had let us know especially since they're asking us not to enter the story into other competitions. I posted it on the Friday before it was due but I presume if it hadn't made the deadline they would sent it back or something.

You usually don't get confirmation. Did they take payment? That will let you know if they got it.

• Advertisement

echo beach wrote: »
    You usually don't get confirmation. Did they take payment? That will let you know if they got it.

I used a postal order. Is there any way I can check?

It doesn't really matter, when I don't win I'll just assume they didn't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I used a postal order. Is there any way I can check?

It doesn't really matter, when I don't win I'll just assume they didn't get it

it's amazing the amount of competition entries I've sent that have got lost in the post..... ;)

Until such time as the winners are actually announced...it's nice to dream. :)

Advertisement