Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get my original long white birth certificate?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I lost my birth certificate recently and I need the original birth certificate to complete a new passport form.

Anyone know where I can get the original copy in Dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Did you check the bottom drawer of the dresser?

Failing that, Lombard St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I had to do the same and I ordered it online and they posted it out.

http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/

Costs munee though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I had to do the same and I ordered it online and they posted it out.

http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/

Costs munee though

Just so you know that's not the official site, the official one is www.certificates.ie

Much cheaper too, jebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lyes

Hi, I would like to order a Birth certificate but the official website hse.ie take 10working days to deliver and it's cheaper.
    Is there any other website to have it much quicker even if I have today more????

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I doubt it. You could go into your nearest office and get it? Our marriage cert didn't take ten working days, in fact we had it in 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lyes

There is so many website out there:
    birthsdeathsmarriages.ie
    births-marriages-deaths.ie
    irishcerts.ie
    irishcerts.ie

I'll try to go to the nearest office and print it if I can't, I will order it from the hse.ie and hope to have in 3days. Thanks.

Regards.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

lyes wrote: »
    There is so many website out there:
    birthsdeathsmarriages.ie
    births-marriages-deaths.ie
    irishcerts.ie
    irishcerts.ie

I'll try to go to the nearest office and print it if I can't, I will order it from the hse.ie and hope to have in 3days. Thanks.

Regards.

All middle men making money off people not finding the real site. None should ever be used - pay more for a slower service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

L1011 wrote: »
    All middle men making money off people not finding the real site. None should ever be used - pay more for a slower service.

Indeed, the official site has already been linked here - to reiterate, it is www.certificates.ie just click on 'Apply online' and fill out your details.

It is the official HSE website to order any life event certificate, not the third party middle men who use Search Engine Optimisation for a slower, more expensive service.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/Certificates/

Edit: - wow, just looked at birthsdeathsmarriages.ie - ist €40 for a cert - they then order one from the official site (linked above) for €20 and post it out! Money to be made indeed!!!!

Advertisement