Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My best man couldn't write a speech so he wrote me this song

Options
  • 17-05-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

My best man couldn't write a speech so he wrote me this song

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭deckybarr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Was anyone taking bets on how long the speeches would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Actually, I just watched it, that's really clever and very funny, fair play to him, you could be nervous giving a speech, but his nerves must of been shot to bits before doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Very funny. Fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

terrific - fair play to that man:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

You got yourself a great best mate there OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

That is quality fair play to him! Oh and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was subjected to an hour and a quarter of speeches then an 8min powerpoint slideshow of just the couples photos of themselves last weekend at a wedding.

I wouldve bought your mate drinks all night if he had of rocked up and done that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah God love him! That took some doing, fair play to him :)

• Advertisement

Yeah there were bets taken. I think he took 8 or 9 minutes. The video doesn't show the bit at the start, he was talking saying he couldn't write a speech. You could tell he was nervous. Then he said he had wrote a song. Ever body was looking around thinking WTF? Then he started singing and everybody erupted laughing. At the end he got a standing ovation. Every body said it was the best speech they ever heard.

I still can't believe it. The whole day seems like a dream. Can't wait now to watch the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dibble

Wow! Brilliant, fair play to him.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's excellent, fair play to him. His delivery is a cross between David O'Doherty and Weird Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

anniehoo wrote: »
    I was subjected to an hour and a quarter of speeches then an 8min powerpoint slideshow of just the couples photos of themselves last weekend at a wedding.

I wouldve bought your mate drinks all night if he had of rocked up and done that!:D

I got married last year and speeches lasted no more than 5 mins, myself, best man and my new father-in-law. That was it, and no slideshow crap etc.

My sister on the other hand had the mic go around to all the tables and everyone was "encouraged" to speak. And then we had the dreaded slideshow! Its way too boring and kind of "self fulfilling" or grooming your own ego when people do things like that at weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I lasted to 26 seconds. Sorry OP.
    Maybe it's just me but I hate that kind of shyte at weddings.
    I'd strangle my best man if he did that or be gone to the bar if it was somene elses.

Here is the High Quality version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

deckybarr wrote: »
    Here is the High Quality version

I can only imagine what the bride is saying to the groom at around the 55sec mark, 'Tell the fxckin eejit to sit down....' etc

Fairplay to him though.

Advertisement