Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New blog

Options
  • 15-05-2012 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys, I am new to this but i am looking for some help on how to promote my blog without being kicked off any boards sites. I want people to come to my blog and read but i am strolling with hits. I have a twitter account and a few followers on that. What do you suggest i do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tris001

i meat struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

How interesting is this blog or what is it about?

Its about technology in general. it is quite interesting but i can't hold too viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Well you can have links in your signature on sites and emails as long as they are links and a short description and not over the top and annoying.

what do you mean y in your signature? and who should i email about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

You don't need to e-mail anyone but you also can't excessively advertise.

Try posting the blog in the 'Literature' Section of boards. Give it a small description and a link to the site (or just paste the entire blog to your post).

EDIT: I'd probably read it.

so when you say a small description would this be appropriate?

I have created a new blog, It is for people who are interested in technology in general and have a bier moment to read about the news. I update 3 times a day with things that are current to technology in Ireland."

Than put a link at the end??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Seems decent to me, although I have no idea what 'bier' means in English (obviously beer in French). You'll need to keep updating the boards post, though, to keep people interested.

sorry i meant brief... ye of course.. well I will post that there and see what kind of response i get
    Thanks so much

Tristram
    http://bit.ly/JJbaBU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,498 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boards isn't an advertising platform. You're trying to use something which isn't suitable for your needs, and you'll get kicked off again

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Thanks 28064212
    Can you suggest a site that is suitable for my needs?

tris001 wrote: »
    Thanks 28064212
    Can you suggest a site that is suitable for my needs?
    There's lots of options. What kind of audience are you looking for? Purchase ad-space in tech magazines, contact other tech-blogs looking for mutual linkbacks, email campaigns. Advertising is a huge business

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

I am trying to do it cost free at the mount because i am not being paid for it. I have emailed certain tech blogs in ireland especially and have had no response. where would I get a list of emails for an email campaign.

Its about technology in general. it is quite interesting but i can't hold too viewers

Your content isn't original. Why would you expect someone to read your blog when your content is just copy and pasted from other well known blogs on the net?

Your blog:
    "Several rumors pointed to last month as the time when Apple would unveil new Mac notebook models to coincide with the release of Intel's latest generation of chips. The last time Apple updated the MacBook Pro was in October when a speedier processor, more storage, and upgraded graphics capabilities were all thrown in. "

Other blog (http://2peeeps.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-macbooks-to-debut-at-wwdc.html):
    Numerous rumors pointed to last month as the time when Apple would unveil new Mac notebook models to coincide with the release of Intel's latest generation of chips. Apple's last refresh of the MacBook Pro was in October when the company added a speedier processor, more storage, and upgraded graphics capabilities.

Your blog:
    The first wave of Intel-based Windows 8 tablets are expected to land in retail stores in November.
    Hybrid Windows 8 designs based on the higher-performance Ivy Bridge processor are also expected but the source did not address that market segment specifically.
    Windows 8, like Windows 7 before it, is due to be powered by chips from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices and will be able to run older, so-called "legacy" applications.
    A separate release from Microsoft, Windows RT, will land on devices powered by ARM chip suppliers Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments. RT will not run older Windows applications.
    Intel also has a chip called "Bay Trail" in the works -- the company's future 22-nanometer follow-up to Clover Trail.
    "It is a gigantic performer, with similar battery life to Clover Trail. It will also have a lot of security features built in and Infineon [3G/4G] silicon inside," according to Techradar.
    When that chip will arrive isn't clear yet.

CNET:
    The first wave of Intel-based Windows 8 tablets are expected to land in retail stores in November.
    Hybrid Windows 8 designs based on the higher-performance Ivy Bridge processor are also expected but the source did not address that market segment specifically.
    Windows 8, like Windows 7 before it, is due to be powered by chips from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices and will be able to run older, so-called "legacy" applications.
    A separate release from Microsoft, Windows RT, will land on devices powered by ARM chip suppliers Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments. RT will not run older Windows applications.
    Intel also has a chip called "Bay Trail" in the works -- the company's future 22-nanometer follow-up to Clover Trail.
    "It is a gigantic performer, with similar battery life to Clover Trail. It will also have a lot of security features built in and Infineon [3G/4G] silicon inside," according to Techradar.
    When that chip will arrive isn't clear yet.

I am trying to do it cost free at the mount because i am not being paid for it. I have emailed certain tech blogs in ireland especially and have had no response. where would I get a list of emails for an email campaign.
    At the moment, you're going about it completely the wrong way and going to get banned again. You're trying to figure out what Boards can do for you. You won't get anywhere like that. If you contribute to Boards, you might receive traffic as a result of that. That doesn't mean you go spamming your blog as an answer to every question remotely related.

If you're going to try to do it cost-free, you're going to have to accept you're closing off a lot of avenues and growth is going to be very slow.

After what MagicRon posted, I'm starting to see the problem. At the moment, I don't believe you can answer this question: "What can I provide for my readers that they can't get elsewhere?". Until you can anwer that, you're going nowhere.

ok guys thanks for the responses.. I can see there is an error in my ways. as I said at the start I am a beginner at this and need time to practice. I now have that question in my head "What can I provide for my readers that they can't get elsewhere?" and intend to answer it in the next few posts. My apologies to magicRon that is a very obvious copy and paste and I will amend these posts immediately because that is definitely NOT what I intended to do when I started this blog.

I have put quotation marks on some of these with direct links to where I go them so I feel it a bit harsh to judge on that basis?

I have put quotation marks on some of these with direct links to where I go them so I feel it a bit harsh to judge on that basis?

Your readers will read your blog if they think you and your posts are interesting. If you are only mirroring the content you think is interesting from other blogs, your potential readers will just go straight to your source there for their reading.

As it is, you're like the 'middle person', searching for content that interests you and copying it to your own private page.

And for anyone else who might not have their headphones plugged in at work ... one of the posts is auto playing a video!

Have you a background in IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nothing to do with development. Thread closed. OP, this isn't the right forum and probably isn't even the right site for this; try the SEO forum, maybe, but check their charter first.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement