Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v West Indies and South Africa

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My original point is still valid but I am going to boldly predict my initial bold prediction was a bit too bold, and now I am slightly less boldly going to predict England will now, indeed win this Test. The last part is bold. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

dooferoaks wrote: »
    My original point is still valid but I am going to boldly predict my initial bold prediction was a bit too bold, and now I am slightly less boldly going to predict England will now, indeed win this Test. The last part is bold. :rolleyes:

It must be said, the English pace attack is really quite ferocious at the moment. So much strength in depth too with the likes of Tremlett and Finn who would more than likely slot into any other attack in test cricket (save possibly south africa).

While the West Indies have been disappointing there is no doubt a lot of individual quality there. You have to feel for their fans when you think just how good a team they could be if their cricket board was even semi-competent and all of their players were committed to the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Mark Nicholas.....the master of exaggeration:D

Apparently the current England team are the new Australia

Makes you wonder if he was in a coma while England were getting hammered over the winter!:confused:

booth70 wrote: »
    Mark Nicholas.....the master of exaggeration:D

Apparently the current England team are the new Australia

Makes you wonder if he was in a coma while England were getting hammered over the winter!:confused:

In terms of the way this England team ruthlessly takes advantage of an opposition's weakness, I don't think he is far wrong.

Pleased to see Bresnan awarded the MoM. His spell yesterday evening more or less secured the game. Would like to see Finn come in for Anderson for the final test.

Wonder if Morgan will get a surprise recall for the 3rd test given that Bopara is out and Jonny B failed in the first two tests?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Get Morgan back for Ireland I doubt he will play another Test for England again even the Tms team don't seem to like him. Someone please kill off that IPL before it sucks the life of the Test Match Format. This must be the worst period in terms of quality in Test Nations that I can remember for a long long time.

decies wrote: »
    Get Morgan back for Ireland I doubt he will play another Test for England again even the Tms team don't seem to like him. Someone please kill off that IPL before it sucks the life of the Test Match Format. This must be the worst period in terms of quality in Test Nations that I can remember for a long long time.

I wonder what Morgan's opinion on turning out for Ireland again would be or would he not be happy to be out of the international limited overs scene for so long?

A lot of Cricket writers and commentators in England seem to have completely given up on Morgan as a test player. The number 6 slot is still very much up for grabs, but Morgan isn't even referred to in the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

he hasn't been in very good form for middlesex to justify a call up again, if he starts making runs it might happen but not at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

TheDrog wrote: »
    he hasn't been in very good form for middlesex to justify a call up again, if he starts making runs it might happen but not at the moment

Hard to score runs when you're sat on the bench in the IPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

He has been back from the IPL for 2 weeks now - wasnt with KKR for finals.
    Scored 42 against surrey 2s on his return but hasn't done well in either the CB40 or the Championship outings for the 1st team since.
    http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES5/articles/000011/001143.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Narine is in for inured Roach.

Ian Bell is not pleased. ;)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Narine is in for inured Roach.

Ian Bell is not pleased. ;)

....but Jonny B must be delighted :D

booth70 wrote: »
    ....but Jonny B must be delighted :D

I don't think so. He's extremely talented and has shown he is extremely resilient. I think he would have far preferred another chance to face Roach.

He's got a big future in the test side in my opinion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So sorry for Fidel Edwards and his injury problems. Looked a terrific prospect all those years ago..

Looking forward to the Proteas' visit

Hope the Windies play Narine

Would be really interesting to see how Narine does.....it's one thing taking wickets in T20 when the batsman are trying to hit every ball outta the park....it's a completely different game when batsman have more time to work you out

Advertisement