Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

will never forgive hdwow for this :(

Is that like cdwow, but in high definition?

What happened, you pre-ordered with them & now that have no console for you? Eugh, thats awful man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr.D.CraicLAAD

On my way home with a Zombi U premium pack, Fifa, Nintendo Land, Blops 2 and a smile on my face, should be all updated by about 9, ill post my NNID then, feel free to add me

On my way home with a Zombi U premium pack, Fifa, Nintendo Land, Blops 2 and a smile on my face, should be all updated by about 9 in the morning, ill post my NNID then, feel free to add me

A slight correction to your post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

will never forgive hdwow for this :(

could you cancel that order and go else where?
    geezer in harvey norman in cork tells me they have plenty of stock, also in smyths, wjo told me a lot of pre orders had been cancelled

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is that like cdwow, but in high definition?

What happened, you pre-ordered with them & now that have no console for you? Eugh, thats awful man :(

ordered mario wii u and 2 controllers pro in there ssale for 120 euro saved 40 with there 15% sale

yes they are cdwow now called hdwow i was warned about them but 40 euro saved is 40 euro i ordered on 23rd of october and then i check my email today hoping to see a sent email no email

i go to my account and it says back-order how i order in october

i sent them a email wanting my money back and also on facebook

• Advertisement

ordered mario wii u and 2 controllers pro in there ssale for 120 euro saved 40 with there 15% sale

yes they are cdwow now called hdwow i was warned about them but 40 euro saved is 40 euro i ordered on 23rd of october and then i check my email today hoping to see a sent email no email

i go to my account and it says back-order how i order in october

i sent them a email wanting my money back and also on facebook

So they cashed in on pre-orders & didn't have the stock to meet demand, & yet still took pre-orders? Pretty dreadful trading standards. Ring your credit card company & maybe explain that you paid for an item which is now unavailable to you, they might issue a cash back & charge the retailer?

EnterNow wrote: »
    So they cashed in on pre-orders & didn't have the stock to meet demand, & yet still took pre-orders? Pretty dreadful trading standards. Ring your credit card company & maybe explain that you paid for an item which is now unavailable to you, they might issue a cash back & charge the retailer?

they have my 120 euro but no mario or controllers for me

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Stupid Harvey Norman got no ZombieU bundles in today. Told me it'll be next week until its in. Cancelled the order with them. Was a shame because I had gotten the 10% online discount. Oh well. Dropped into my local GameStop and they had ONE zombieU bundle left so I picked it up.
    What do you guys think the demand is like for the console? Has anyone been unable to get one today?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BarryH

http://www.Amazon.co.uk (approximate prices only, pound sterling converted to Euro)

~€305.85 - Basic Pack
    ~€368.74 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack
    ~€530.28 - ZombiU Premium Pack

~€54.25 - Assassin's Creed III
    ~€46.55 - Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition
    ~€53.00 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    ~€49.32 - Darksiders II
    ~€43.16 - Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    ~€49.32 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    ~€51.80 - New Super Mario Bros. U
    ~€49.32 - Nintendo Land
    ~€46.55 - Rabbids Land
    ~€36.99 - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    ~€36.99 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
    ~€54.25 - ZombiU

Smyths:
    €319.99 - Basic Pack
    €379.99 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack

€359.99 - Basic Pack + One of (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed OR FIFA 13 OR Just Dance 4 OR Rabbids Land OR Sports Connection OR Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition)
    €419.99 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack + One of (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed OR FIFA 13 OR Just Dance 4 OR Rabbids Land OR Sports Connection OR Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition)

€369.99 - Basic Pack + Any game
    €429.99 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack + Any game
    €469.99 - ZombiU + Any game

€49.99 - Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition (€48.74 with loyalty card)
    €59.99 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II (€56.99 with loyalty card)
    €59.99 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition (56.99 with loyalty card)
    €54.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U (52.24 with loyalty card)
    €54.99 - ZombiU (€53.61 with loyalty card)

HMV
    €399.99 - Basic Pack + Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed + One of (Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two OR Sports Connection OR Rabbids Land)
    €469.99 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack + Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed + One of (ZombiU OR New Super Mario Bros. U OR Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition)
    €499.99 - ZombiU Premium Pack + Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed + One of (New Super Mario Bros. U OR Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition OR Sports Connection)

€56.99 - Assassin's Creed III
    €56.99 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    €49.99 - Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    €54.99 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    €56.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U
    €56.99 - Nintendo Land
    €49.99 - Rabbids Land
    €47.99 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

Argos:
    €331.99 - Basic Pack
    €394.99 - Nintendo Land Premium Pack
    €459.99 - ZombiU Premium Pack

€63.99 - Assassin's Creed III
    €56.99 - Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition
    €59.99 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    €50.99 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    €56.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U
    €56.99 - Nintendo Land
    €82.99 - Skylanders: Giants
    €50.99 - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    €63.99 - ZombiU

GameStop
    €59.99 - Assassin's Creed III
    €59.99 - Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition
    €69.99 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    €59.99 - Darksiders II
    €49.99 - Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    €54.99 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    €59.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U
    €59.99 - Nintendo Land
    €69.99 - Skylanders: Giants
    €49.99 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
    €59.99 - ZombiU

http://www.Zavvi.com

€55.45 - Assassin's Creed III
    €48.99 - Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition
    €57.99 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    €51.29 - Darksiders II
    €48.99 - Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    €51.29 - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    €51.55 - New Super Mario Bros. U
    €51.55 - Nintendo Land
    €42.55 - Rabbids Land
    €70.89 - Skylanders: Giants
    €38.65 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
    €55.45 - ZombiU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone willing to check prices on the eShop for retail games? Presuming Mario is at the 60 euro point? just making sure :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Picked up my ZombieU premium pack in Gamestop Blanchardstown today. Great service, they even offered to hold onto it for me while I went and did my shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Anyone willing to check prices on the eShop for retail games? Presuming Mario is at the 60 euro point? just making sure :cool:

yeah or 59.95 (even with the 10% discount it's still too high and be bought in HMV for less).

One game was priced at €70, can't remember which one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

wtlltw wrote: »
    yeah or 59.95 (even with the 10% discount it's still too high and be bought in HMV for less).

One game was priced at €70, can't remember which one.......

thanks! closest HMV is an hour away so not really worth my while :)

if only tesco would get eshop cards in their irish stores as well, know someone with a staff discount so both of them coupled would be sweet :P

zombiU, fifa 13 and AC3 are all 69.99 in the eshop

mario is 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Harvey Norman have taken my money but no sign of delivery. Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked mine up in Harvey Norman earlier. Brought it to my dad's house to hide it from the lads for christmas. Going to wait a little longer to get another game or two as hoping they might drop in price a little more before christmas.

Harvey Norman have taken my money but no sign of delivery. Sigh!

yeah alot of companys doing that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hankarlo

I had no luck picking up one this morning, I tried everywhere is D15. Any you guys managed to buy one, without having already pre-ordered?

Im looking for the premium console that comes with Nintendoland. Any retailer I went to, wudnt sell me one as they said "all stock they had where pre-ordered"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

hankarlo wrote: »
    I had no luck picking up one this morning, I tried everywhere is D15. Any you guys managed to buy one, without having already pre-ordered?

You could be lucky to pick up a cancelled order.

Was in HMV in the Square and overheard one of the employees telling a shopper that they only got in enough to cover pre-orders, none left over.
    According to her, suppliers were only giving enough copies to cover pre-orders to retailers.

EDIT: Wait a couple of days and try again, ask for any cancelled pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hankarlo

F1ngers wrote: »
    You could be lucky to pick up a cancelled order.

EDIT: Wait a couple of days and try again, ask for any cancelled pre-orders.

Will do. HMV Blanchardstown took a deposit of €10 towards one...but said they probably wont get stock back in till the 15th December, and they cant guarantee it. Smyths, Harvey Normans etc wont take any more deposits, as there not sure what stock they'll get. Just hope I get one before Santa, or I'll have a very disappointed little boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nothing too good to report from up North, GAME have most games minus Call of Duty, Mario, Skylanders and Assassin's Creed for £25 each if bought with a Wii,disappointed to be honest I expected to see some under cutting by HMV at least but there was nothing anywhere in Newry, Lisburn or Belfast.

On an unrelated note CEX were offering a paltry £275 cash or credit for a Premium Wii U, works out at €338.

My local GameStop got their shipment so late, Black Ops 2 wasn't on the computer. Got it at Xtravision for €60

Nothing too good to report from up North, GAME have most games minus Call of Duty, Mario, Skylanders and Assassin's Creed for £25 each if bought with a Wii,disappointed to be honest I expected to see some under cutting by HMV at least but there was nothing anywhere in Newry, Lisburn or Belfast.

On an unrelated note CEX were offering a paltry £275 cash or credit for a Premium Wii U, works out at €338.

How much are games in HMV?

Did Sainsburys have any deals?

Will be in the North tomorrow wouldn't mind to add to the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I have decided to put my Zombie U console up on Adverts for €419.99 as I won't be able to play it until December 18th, I have no access to a tv until then.

Ye all can add Insert_Pun_Here on yer Wii Us so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

In the end I decided against buying it. I'l wait till there's a pokemon/zelda/metroid game announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

HMV Liffey Valley said they still had a decent number of consoles (premium, zombi)
    Picked up a premium one there around 8pm........wasn't gonna bother as I'm not overly impressed with the initial lineup so never bothered with a preorder, but it is a Nintendo in fairness and will prove its worth in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Picked up my preordered premium pack Fri afternoon in Gamestop Naas.

They were honouring preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

wtlltw wrote: »
    How much are games in HMV?

Did Sainsburys have any deals?

Will be in the North tomorrow wouldn't mind to add to the collection.

Sorry I didn't get into Sainsburys, the HMV prices were £45 for the top games, Mario, Zombie U, Mass Effect 3, down to £25 for Rise of the Guardians, if you are in Lisburn there is also Toys r Us out in Sprucefield try them too.

• Advertisement

lots and lots of angry people on hdwow facebook about wii u not been posted yet money taken and there on back-order but no email letting them no , i got money back thought.

this is the email i got According to your request, I have cancelled the order for you. The cancellation has processed by our system. Once the order gets cancelled successfully, a refund should be processed to your account in 5-7 working days.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the delay caused and thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

bunch of c u next tuesdays cdwow hdwow just stay away i was warned tho :( 15% sale my arse

http://www.facebook.com/WOWHD#!/WOWHD

look at all thoose people on facebook xmas ruined for some of them ala waiting for refund waiting to go else where for games that might be out of stock

Advertisement