Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE 80'S TV SHOW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dukes of Hazzard was mine. So upset when they made that awful remake film with Jessica Simpson.

There was alot things wrong with that film, Jessica Simpson wasnt one of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Either Dukes or Five-O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Dempsey wrote: »
    There was alot things wrong with that film, Jessica Simpson wasnt one of them ;)

Really? Not even her cover of These Boots Are Made For Walking??? I did not think much of any of the casting if I recall correctly. Then again, the whole film was pretty much instantly forgettable so I can't remember in any sort of detail...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

The Wonder Years.. although it was set in the late 1960s/early 70s. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Also The Cosby Show and Murder, She Wrote!! Ahh good times. Can still watch those shows today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

MrsD007 wrote: »
    MASH

(1972 - 1983)

That was the film, not the tv series.....but still great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Undercover FBI Agent

I like that 70s Show. :D

I preferred That 80s show myself :pac:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305472/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Sorry lads. But a ****load of them are 1970's. Hall's Pictorial Weekly, Dallas, M*A*S*H*, Mork & Mindy, CHIPS, WonderWoman, Wanderly Wagon, etc. The best of the 80's for me was Quantum Leap

I always liked the theme tune to Miami Vice

That's not the theme song to the show, it's Crockett's Themes and is far more downbeat than the theme.

Personally, Miami Vice remains one of my all time favorite shows. I can still recall watching the repeats on Sky when I was a kid. Alongside The Sweeney it's a show that I could watch for days. Sure the later seasons got a little out there but the first 3 series are as hard hitting as anything on today. People write the show off as a campy kitsch novelty but many of the storylines were before their time. It was a dark, adult drama that tackled issues such as homosexuality in a time when network TV was shying away from such topics.

I still think that this scene from the first episode of the show is one of the all time greats. It just oozes cool and there's a hint of the darkness at the heart of the show, we have these two cops thrown together and neither cares if h lives or dies. All that matters is putting a bullet in the villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The Wonder Years

It started in the 80's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air

Wilma from Buck Rogers, biddi-biddi-biddi

On a more cerebral note, Dennis Potter's drama, 'The Singing Detective' was ground-breaking stuff when first broadcast and remains a high point in British TV drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Emu's World
    With Rod Hull and Emu and..........

Grotbags

"There's somebody at the door"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Time to bring this man back :eek:

That was the 70's but yer man is in Fair City now!

Some great mentions but Airwolf:

Remington Steele:

The Young Ones:

For Ted fans, Kevin Sharkey, the black "sure I'm from Donegal" priest:

Slightly cheating as it was 1990 but the books and Maggie Thatcher defined the 80's and somebody posted Yes Minister, but this is serious satire:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Really? Not even her cover of These Boots Are Made For Walking??? I did not think much of any of the casting if I recall correctly. Then again, the whole film was pretty much instantly forgettable so I can't remember in any sort of detail...

I had forgotten about that song, that was bad alright. Everything about that film was woefully bad except for the 'aesthetic appeal' of Jessica Simpson :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cheers
    Knightrider
    The Young Ones
    Blackadder

And I loved 'Punky Brewster' as a child. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mike Hammer
    Mike Hammer was a pussy. Try Sledge Hammer:

Anyone else remember WKRP in Cincinnati? I wish someone would put it on, even if it's at 3AM ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Rubbish question. All good shows finished in the 60's. Mr ED, I Love Lucy, Bonanza, The Fugitive and Rawhide. These were educational in those days. You could leave your front door open etc., .............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The A Team
    Simon and Simon
    Dempsey and Makepeace
    Matt Houston
    Miami Vice
    The Greatest American Hero

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Twin Peaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

As a child of the 80s I loved fraggle rock, wanderly wagon, also liked dynasty, Dallas, falcon crest, and twin peaks even just for the music there was a lot others!!
    I was lucky had older brothers and sisters got to watch what they watched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I loved Hotel, I wanted to be Christine so much, I also wanted to marry Peter McDermott :o:D

I wanted to bang christine so much in the 80s.

The incredible hulk.or mork and mindy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Macgyver ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

You're in a room with a bucket on your head

Simon & Simon

V - When it was good not that sh1te they tried to pedal a few years ago

Terrahawks

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Glad to see Blackadder, Yes Prime Minister and Only Fools and Horses all get a mention - brilliant shows the lot.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Cheers was also brilliant in its time.

Away from sitcoms, The Old Grey Whistle Test (or Whistle Test as it was later known) was essential viewing!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Matt Houston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

V - When it was good not that sh1te they tried to pedal a few years ago

Haha, V became ****e long before that reboot. But for all that the Original Miniseries is classic television that still holds up today (a few dodgy special effects aside).

Advertisement