Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion

Options
  • 12-05-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Not too long to go so I thought id make a thread. What are people looking forward to or hoping will be shown / announced?

Conference Times - Irish time

Microsoft: Jun 4th 5.30pm

EA: Jun 4th 9.00pm

Ubisoft: Jun 4th 11.00pm

Sony: Jun 5th 2.00am

Nintendo: Jun 5th 5.00pm

Would love to see some GTA V or Agent for PS3 which is unlikely but heres hoping :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,113 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would there be Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut stuff at E3? Or is that not the kind of thing they want to ''showcase'' considering they seemed to balls up the ending?

Anyway, I'm hoping for more GTA5 stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Last Guardian or nothing!

I foresee a hardware announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna be crap i'd say. Bunch of old guys pretending to be cool and hip swinging around motion controls for a sh*te game.

Only game I'm looking forward to really is Sleeping Dogs. I'd say assassins creed 3 and resi 6 will be the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well looking forward to Wii U and the details. I'm also guessing Nintendo will showcase third party titles for the Wii U, with some coming out and saying how great it is and showing off their games and the rest through a montage video like last year, except with Wii U footage this year. Also there will be third party 3DS games and a 3DS original Zelda

For Microsoft, unless they want a conference as boring as last year, I'd say they may at least mention their next console. I remember their conference last year was made up mainly of third party games such as Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 3. Then Kinect titles. So they may learn from the criticism of last year.

Sony may want to mention PS4 but they probably want to hold off as they wouldn't really want to announce another console to everyone when they're still trying to get people to buy their latest hardware. As such they will have to announce a lot of titles for Vita, that aren't just ports. And then show off games such as Sorcery, God of War Ascension and Sony Smash.... Allstars Battle Royale, maybe.

I do remember reading or hearing that the conferences aren't really set in stone and they always have announcements they don't plan on making unless necessary. So when I say about Sony not announcing the PS4, if they see Microsoft announce the next XBox, Sony may do the same. Remember the Move reveal and the seemingly rushed demo? I'm sure that was as a result of the Kinect reveal.

I was thinking that at least one of them may announce a new console, to try and steal Wii U's thunder. Also a reason Sony could announce even without Microsoft not, is to get out there first.

I do usually watch the Big 3 conferences live, but the Sony one is a bit late. I'm more a Nintendo guy anyway but also have a PS3.

Game announcements I would like: Hopefully get a new Metroid announced and a few quality Wii U launch titles. Want to see the new wRetro game which is rumoured to be Starfox

And for Sony, would like a new Infamous.

Multiplatform: Timesplitters, Prince of Persia and the new Rocksteady game, if the quality of the Batman games

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Half Life 3? No? What's being announced at E3 2013? Is it Half Life 3? Well then I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Overheal wrote: »
    Half Life 3? No? What's being announced at E3 2013? Is it Half Life 3? Well then I don't care.

I was going to post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

well on n4g apparently rockstar wont be at E3 so does that mean no news on gta 5 and agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For Microsoft, unless they want a conference as boring as last year, I'd say they may at least mention their next console. I remember their conference last year was made up mainly of third party games such as Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 3. Then Kinect titles. So they may learn from the criticism of last year.

Sony may want to mention PS4 but they probably want to hold off as they wouldn't really want to announce another console to everyone when they're still trying to get people to buy their latest hardware. As such they will have to announce a lot of titles for Vita, that aren't just ports. And then show off games such as Sorcery, God of War Ascension and Sony Smash.... Allstars Battle Royale, maybe.

I do remember reading or hearing that the conferences aren't really set in stone and they always have announcements they don't plan on making unless necessary. So when I say about Sony not announcing the PS4, if they see Microsoft announce the next XBox, Sony may do the same. Remember the Move reveal and the seemingly rushed demo? I'm sure that was as a result of the Kinect reveal.

I was thinking that at least one of them may announce a new console, to try and steal Wii U's thunder. Also a reason Sony could announce even without Microsoft not, is to get out there first.

Sony and Microsoft have both stated there will be no new consoles at E3

http://kotaku.com/5893685/microsoft-new-xbox-wont-be-shown-at-this-years-e3

http://kotaku.com/5886251/sonys-us-chief-says-a-ps4-reveal-would-be-a-distraction-in-2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

iMuse wrote: »
    Not too long to go so I thought id make a thread. What are people looking forward to or hoping will be shown / announced?

Conference Times - Irish time

Microsoft: Jun 4th 5.30pm

EA: Jun 4th 9.00pm

Ubisoft: Jun 4th 11.00pm

Sony: Jun 5th 2.00am

Nintendo: Jun 5th 5.00pm

Would love to see some GTA V or Agent for PS3 which is unlikely but heres hoping :D
    I'll be on my holidays by then so I'll just adjust my sleeping times accordingly..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

VinLieger wrote: »

Ah yeah, I had seen those stories. And if the Microsoft one is anything to go by, it will be just as boring as last year. :) But I was just thinking plans change and one may realise they need to at least make people aware of an upcoming console release to try and put peopl off buying a Wii U.

Only 3 and a bit weeks to wait anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

psugrue wrote: »
    agent?

Is that even in development at this stage. A very quiet e3 i'd say no new xbox or ps4. Sony have announced God of War, LittleBigKarting and Super Sony Bros before e3. Hard to know will the Last of us or Last Guardian make a gameplay appearance. MS must have nothing new to show Halo 4, Forza Horizon and Fable: Series Killer then what Kinect apps. Ninty might have a good e3 if you just owned a wii this gen they could have a load of titles to announce for the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fibrescale

If they dont announce fallout 4, I'll be pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

FIST BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sonys stock price is at a 32 year low so maybe they will announce something to boost the price a bit? Im sure the PS4 would do the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You know you're old & jaded when you don't give a flying crap about E3 anymore.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Overheal wrote: »

Same, but I know Ill probally be disappointed again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Fibrescale wrote: »
    If they dont announce fallout 4, I'll be pissed.

No chance of any news on this until the last of the Skyrim DLC is out of the way i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Valve have state they won't be announcing any new games at E3. So no Ep3, HL3 or L4D3.

Microsoft will have Halo 4 and no much else. Sony have a new Killzone game in the works.

More GTA V stuff would be good and of course their will be Block Ops 2 hype all over.

Assassins Creed 3 could be a showstopper.

Basically this E3 is not looking that great. Last years was bad with all the motion tech stuff. Just let the Kinect and Move fads die and get back to real gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

marco_polo wrote: »
    No chance of any news on this until the last of the Skyrim DLC is out of the way i'd say.

I think that'll be the theme of E3 this year. DLC and downloadable software.

I think the way the vita and 3DS have hit below expectations (not flopped, just below expectations before any fanboys get angry) and the rather mixed feedback on the Wii U at the moment has probably made sony and microsoft cautious on starting a hype train too soon, with the Wii U not expected to be leaps ahead of the ps3/xbox in tech specs then they might hold out to see how it's recieved close to its release before rolling out their next system.

Expect less new games being highlighted for next year and more on the extension of this year's big hitters and for their releases to be close to the actual E3 event.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Tbh all i am hoping for at this stage is a few decent new trailers for already announced games. Think this E3 will be best viewed by spending a half hour on YouTube the day after unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anyone from here heading along?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Valve have state they won't be announcing any new games at E3. So no Ep3, HL3 or L4D3.

Ah but Half Life 3/Ep3 would be a continuation of an old title so they're being deliberately misleading and will announce Half Life 3 at E3 this year despite their allergy to the number 3.

They will

They will

They will

They will

*slowly rocks back and forth*

To be honest I'm generally not that interested in E3 any more so there's absolutely nothing I'm incredibly interested in. I'll check out Thi4f (that 4 doesn't even make any sense) if they show it off, GTAV as well but I'm not excited about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm hoping for more features on dance central 3.. that asian woman they had doing the dancing on stage and on gametrailers last year was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

I'd like to see GTA 5 and maybe some crysis 3, looking forward to FC3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Microsoft will have Halo 4 and no much else. Sony have a new Killzone game in the works.

More GTA V stuff would be good and of course their will be Block Ops 2 hype all over.

Assassins Creed 3 could be a showstopper.

Basically this E3 is not looking that great. Last years was bad with all the motion tech stuff. Just let the Kinect and Move fads die and get back to real gaming.

Valve say a lot of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As per usual with E3, the stuff that people will be still talking about when the curtain drops is the stuff they knew nothing about in the lead up to it. I can't really see this year being much different.

sony has a special announcement on the tuesday for a game that hasnt been announced yet. usually that stuff is announced at the company's main keynote, but the fact that they're having it announced separately means it could be a big one

or a completely irrelevant one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »
    Valve say a lot of things...

sort of wrong. valve says jack shiet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone know if The Last of Us is going to feature at all?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Anyone know if The Last of Us is going to feature at all?

definitely will

Advertisement