Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy night sweats - Need remedy

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

For about 1 year and 6 months now I am suffering from very heavy night sweats. It varies from time to time, some night I might not sweat at all but most night I do. It also seems to be worst in the winter and cold weather.
    I have to bring a towel to bed and dry myself every few hours and move to a dry spot in the bed.

Ive been to the doctors several times over the months since it began, gotten countless numbers of tests, bloods, and other things yet they cant determine the cause and ive now just left it. Im not a stressed person, and I dont think its due to be being too hot.

Does anybody know of any natural rememdies or tips to help get rid of this? It really is impacting my life and wrecks my head some times. I have to shower every morning, which in turn forces me to wake up at 6am to heat the water. (not that waking up at 6 is a problem) and it also makes my room smell extremely bad and sheets need changing regularly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Hello, that must be very uncomfortable for you. I have read that sage tea before bed can help though I don't have any personal experience myself. A half teasp of dried sage in a cup of hot water, leave to brew for 5 mins. Don't think it will do you any harm and it might be worth a try. Hope it gets sorted out, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

do you take a lot of salt in your diet? too much can increase blood pressure and cause perfuse sweating... as your covered up by your duvet or blankets the heat cannot escape.. also try using a lighter tog duvet and leave a window slightly open to allow air circulate around the room to reduce the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lamplight

If I eat too much garlic this happens to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...this happens to me whenever there's a bug/flu going around - for some reason I think my immune system just flush's the bug out and I never seem to catch any colds...pretty sweet, but disgusting :)

Advertisement