Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Was going to back Germany anyway so I'm all over this (well as much as I can be all over it anyway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

One i like for Friday evening (and no it not a Euro 12 bet :P) , Fresh from their frustrating 3-0 victory v Latvia, the French u21 take on Kazakhatan away - now normally id be looking at the over here but the French were so brutal in front of goal v Latvia it made me look at the unders for value and there it was, Under 2.5 @ 7/4 PP or a covering bet of Under 3.5 @ 4/6
    • France only beat Kaz 2-0 in France
    • In Kaz's 4 game there have been a grand total of 5 goals (0-0,1-1,0-1,2-0)
    • In their 2 home games only 3 goals
    • In France's 2 away games they have won 2-0 and 3-0, so there's the worry:( but that was last September
    Still think it worth a gamble - those Kaz's look like there a tight bunch, giving nothing but taking nothing either

• Advertisement

Ireland to go unbeaten through their group 12/1. Long shot, but we're incredibly hard to beat (Betfair - Multiples; Lay Croatia, Spain, Italy). Other way to do it is double chance Ireland and draw on all matches with regular bookies, but i don't think the odds are as good

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

PP have a money back special on picking the 4 group winners if one lets you down. I was thinking Russia, Germany, Spain and France.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Having a quick look fancy a couple of bets for the Euros. Will do a few singles but im going to try an acc also. Although probably asking a bit much. €5 pays €485.

Holland to beat Denmark cant see anything but a victory.

Germany to beat Portugal. Portugal are poor.

Spain to beat Italy. Should be straightforward.

France to beat England. Can see England struggling.

Sweeden to beat Ukraine. Ukraine have had bad preperation and Sweeden could have too much for them but will be a tight game.

Russia to beat Poland. Fancy Russia to go far should beat Poland.

sboyle01 wrote: »
    PP have a money back special on picking the 4 group winners if one lets you down. I was thinking Russia, Germany, Spain and France.

Did Ireland France Russia Germany for the fun of it. €5 returns 935.16 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

manual_man wrote: »
    Ireland to go unbeaten through their group 12/1. Long shot, but we're incredibly hard to beat (Betfair - Multiples; Lay Croatia, Spain, Italy). Other way to do it is double chance Ireland and draw on all matches with regular bookies, but i don't think the odds are as good

Betfair wont let me put lay bets in multiples

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »

Betfair wont let me put lay bets in multiples

You have to click into the Multiples tab first. Then go to the football coupon, and select Euro 2012 from the drop down menu. You should be ok from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Having a quick look fancy a couple of bets for the Euros. Will do a few singles but im going to try an acc also. Although probably asking a bit much. €5 pays €485.

Holland to beat Denmark cant see anything but a victory.

Germany to beat Portugal. Portugal are poor.

Spain to beat Italy. Should be straightforward.

France to beat England. Can see England struggling.

Sweeden to beat Ukraine. Ukraine have had bad preperation and Sweeden could have too much for them but will be a tight game.

Russia to beat Poland. Fancy Russia to go far should beat Poland.

They really are not. I was inclined to agree but when I looked into it their 1st XI is very impressive. bento has them playing good attacking football again after Quireoz didn't work out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double for Saturday:
    Over 3.5 in Mexico v Guyana
    Over 3.5 in USA v Antigua & Barbuda
    @ 2.18

Surely Mexico and the US should thrash those two teams...

Antigua & Barbuda recently lost vs St Vincent & Grenadines, St Kitts & Nevis and Trinidad & Tobago, if the USA don't score at least 4 goals in this game, their coach should be fired...

In the other game we have a Mexican team that recently beat Brazil and Bosnia vs Guyana who recently lost vs Jamaica, Guatemala and St Vincent & The Grenadines (lol @ this country's name).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

Will Hill

08 Jun 2012 - Poland v Greece - Match Betting
    Poland @ 19/20

08 Jun 2012 - Russia v Czech Republic - Match Betting
    Russia @ 6/5

08 Jun 2012 - Japan v Jordan - Match Betting
    Japan @ 1/7

08 Jun 2012 - Corinthians v Figueirense - Match Betting
    Corinthians @ 6/10

07 Jun 2012 - Samantha Stosur v Sara Errani - Match Betting
    Samantha Stosur @ 4/11

Stake : 10.00

Estimated Returns :

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Did the group winner with Paddy Power. Like my chances of at least 3 of them coming in so I'd get my money back in that case
    GROUP A: Russia 11/8
    GROUP B: Germany 11/10
    GROUP C: Spain 8/15
    GROUP D: France 6/5
    Works out at just over 18/1... 20 quid on it

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I did 2 of them group betting ones.

Spain, France, Germany, Poland
    Spain, France, Germany, Russia

I couldn't choose between Poland and Russia so I went for them both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I did 2 of them group betting ones.

Spain, France, Germany, Poland
    Spain, France, Germany, Russia

I couldn't choose between Poland and Russia so I went for them both

That's weird, I was just about to post that I did the exact same bets!

Again, I can't choose between Poland and Russia. A home nation often does well and I don't fancy Ukraine's chances, while I think Poland are good value in a weak group, but Russia are probably their biggest threats. The other three look good.

Other bets I've done so far:

Group A top scorer - Lewandowski 11/4 €10

Polish top scorer - Lewandowski 7/4
    Swedish top scorer - Ibrahimovic 9/4
    French top scorer - Benzema 9/4
    €10 treble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sorry lads dont mean to hijack the thread but iv'e set up a team for the euros on bragbet.com , It wont cost you anything and we might end up with some money at the end pending on how results go, If any of you are interested send me a PM with your email and I'll send you an invite to the team.

Thanks

I haven't had much luck in the past few days but surely this treble should come in "easily":
    Under 3.5 in Kazakhstan U21 v France U21
    Under 2.5 in Poland v Greece
    @ 3.12

another treble:
    Under 2.5 in the France U21 game
    Under 1.5 in Poland v Greece
    Under 2.5 in Oman v Australia
    @ 8.28

• Advertisement

Under 2.5 in Oman v Australia @ 1.70 looks a great bet. Oman are unbeaten at home in their last 13 games. Last year they beat Australia 1-0 at home. Plus, very high temperatures are expected in Oman, this is what some Australian player said about this game:
    "You can't get used to this heat, but it's hot for them (too)," said Valeri.
    "It is 40 degrees, but until you get out and feel it … it is hot.
    "The rhythm's going to be slow. We've just got to use our experience and grind out a result."

Oman : http://www.soccerway.com/teams/oman/oman/

0-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    One i like for Friday evening (and no it not a Euro 12 bet :P) , Fresh from their frustrating 3-0 victory v Latvia, the French u21 take on Kazakhatan away - now normally id be looking at the over here but the French were so brutal in front of goal v Latvia it made me look at the unders for value and there it was, Under 2.5 @ 7/4 PP or a covering bet of Under 3.5 @ 4/6
    • France only beat Kaz 2-0 in France
    • In Kaz's 4 game there have been a grand total of 5 goals (0-0,1-1,0-1,2-0)
    • In their 2 home games only 3 goals
    • In France's 2 away games they have won 2-0 and 3-0, so there's the worry:( but that was last September
    Still think it worth a gamble - those Kaz's look like there a tight bunch, giving nothing but taking nothing either

85th min 3rd goal for France fecked the under 2.5 up but the Under 3.5 came in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Russia win @ 2.5
    Russia -1AH @ 4.4:eek::eek:
    Kerzhakov AT @ 3.25.

Come on Russia!!

accum:
    Over 3.5 in USA v Antigua & Barbuda
    Under 2.5 in Flora v Levadia
    Over 2.5 in Nomme Kalju v Paide
    @ 4.91

Flora v Levadia : 2nd vs 3rd, both teams level on points, these games usually go under 2.5 goals, Levadia are a very underish team too.

Nomme Kalju are the best team in Estonia and most of their games go over 2.5

I already posted about the Mexico and USA games, but I had another look at Guyana and Antigua & Barbuda and they've never played against such strong teams, they've only played vs powerhouses like US Virgin Islands, Bermuda and St Vincent & Grenadines, I can't imagine these games not going over 3.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Thanks for the heads up on Oman/Oz Lass ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

ardshavin better score tonight russia to win and ardshavin to score any time got 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mexico v Guyana

Mexico to win by 4 or more goals @ 4/5

Gone for that, requested odds from Boyles before anyone asks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I already posted about the Mexico and USA games, but I had another look at Guyana and Antigua & Barbuda and they've never played against such strong teams, they've only played vs powerhouses like US Virgin Islands, Bermuda and St Vincent & Grenadines, I can't imagine these games not going over 3.5...

I followed you on the Mexican and USA games when I read them the other day, two trebles and a double riding on them now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Anyone touching Cordoba/Quilmes ... thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Top Goalscorers:

Kerzhakov 4/1
    Jelavic 4/1
    Van Persie 2/1
    Benzema 5/2

I done in a lucky 15 good lord what was the odds of Kerzhakov being soo wasteful in front of goal tonight he was shocking!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement