Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG Deal

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hope this has not been posted before and sorry if so.

I have no connection with Meteor other than as a 1 day old customer.

For 30e per month you can have
    Free meteor to meteor calls and texts.
    Select the Free calls to any network and thats what you get for your 30 days(This includes calls to N Ireland landlines so long as you dont use the 0044 prefix and change the first 2 to a 4.
    The 30e remains your credit to pay for your texts and calls outside your free ones.
    Remember there are no roaming charges in europe with Meteor so again no roaming in N Ireland.
    From your 30e you can select a 500mb data plan for 4.99 or 1gb for 9.99 (yes 2 x 500mb is a cent cheaper).
    Now register with meteor and port your number and you will get another 20e credit per month for 12 months plus a first month free internet.
    Its not for everyone but its much better than the 3 deal for me (I left 3 today after 5 years because I had had enough of their customer services).
    I had a problem straight away but it was sorted in 1 hour and they even gave me a 20e gesture payment)
    OK then tear it to pieces but its my idea of a bargain and there are plenty of other options in the deal.
    Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

The 48 months deal is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

As I said this is not for everyone but it is for people that call landlines both here and in the north and is better than 48 for overseas travel. Its another bargain deal for some but there are over 850 posts on the 48 section and not all are praise.
    A free add on gives calls to the uk and usa for 10c, some other countries are 15c.
    Again its just info and you make your own choice but just saying that 48 is better...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

^^^^^ i concur....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Meteor are also doing a 20Gb for €10.32/month mobile broadband promotion at the moment - only a 30 day contract, you can leave at any time. You can buy a modem or they will give you a sim for your current modem if that works for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

kn wrote: »
    Meteor are also doing a 20Gb for €10.32/month mobile broadband promotion at the moment - only a 30 day contract, you can leave at any time. You can buy a modem or they will give you a sim for your current modem if that works for you.

Can't see it on the site - link please ?

long_b wrote: »

Its the SIM only 30 day contract 20Gb for €20.32/month but there is a €10.32/month promotion on it. I do not see the promotion on the website either. I was told about it instore by one of the assistants when I enquired about the 20Gb 30 day contract as my existing 12 month contract with emobile, which is only a 10Gb data allowance for the same price, expires on May 24th.

The assistant told me that it was only supposed to be on promotion for April but that they then extended it for another month and there is no other offer from any of the providers out there to beat it. So my best advice is to enquiry about it in your local Meteor outlet.
    http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/billpay/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

long_b wrote: »

Its the SIM only 30 day contract 20Gb for €20.32/month but there is a €10.32/month promotion on it. I do not see the promotion on the website either. I was told about it instore by one of the assistants when I enquired about the 20Gb 30 day contract as my existing 12 month contract with emobile, which is only a 10Gb data allowance for the same price, expires on May 24th.

The assistant told me that it was only supposed to be on promotion for April but that they then extended it for another month and there is no other offer from any of the providers out there to beat it. So my best advice is to enquiry about it in your local Meteor outlet.
    what speed do these work at?

Meteor works on the Eircom network of masts so every Urban area in the country should be really well served. The modems available include the E353 at 14.4Mbps that costs €49 if you want to buy one. There is also the E173 at €29. If you require a SIM only its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I was with Meteor for about 7 years and I noticed since Eircom took them over they got progressively worse so I moved to Three.

€20 a month gets you
    - 3000 texts to any network
    - 3000 Weekend minutes to any Irish mobile
    - 3000 Anytime 3 to 3 calls
    - All you can eat data.

If you are like me and too old for the 48 deal, then this is by far the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Meteor works on the Eircom network of masts so every Urban area in the country should be really well served. The modems available include the E353 at 14.4kbs that costs €49 if you want to buy one. There is also the E173 at €29. If you require a SIM only its free.
    can you please speak English ;-)

I should have said, I 'm trying to compare it against my 8mb broadband service.
    Will it be as fast?

can you please speak English ;-)

I should have said, I 'm trying to compare it against my 8mb broadband service.
    Will it be as fast?

Most likely not - it's impossible to say though.

Mobile broadband speeds vary on many factors -
    the load on the cell tower (number of people, data traffic), distance from the tower etc ...

Just because the modem may be capable of 14.4 or 7.2 doesn't mean you'll get
    - you'd only get the full whack if you were right underneath the tower with no-one else connected to the cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

Best summary of the prepay options that I know of...

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=164321

Confirmed with Meteor Grafton Street, offer valid for 12 months.

Closes next week I'm told so you'd want to be quick !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Be careful with Meteor 30 day contracts, as far as I know if you only intend staying for a month you must inform Meteor by phone on day one you want to end the contract at the end of the month :eek:

Am I correct and is this the same for companies like Three ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

bogman wrote: »
    Be careful with Meteor 30 day contracts, as far as I know if you only intend staying for a month you must inform Meteor by phone on day one you want to end the contract at the end of the month :eek:

Am I correct and is this the same for companies like Three ?????
    Nope you can just port out whenever you like - if you're midway through a billing cycle, your account will then be credited for the days you didn't use at the end of the billing cycle and you can apply for the credit to be paid into your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Thank you very much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

That's a savage deal. I'll be getting myself some of that during the week :D

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    Hope this has not been posted before and sorry if so.

I have no connection with Meteor other than as a 1 day old customer.

For 30e per month you can have
    Free meteor to meteor calls and texts.
    Select the Free calls to any network and thats what you get for your 30 days(This includes calls to N Ireland landlines so long as you dont use the 0044 prefix and change the first 2 to a 4.
    The 30e remains your credit to pay for your texts and calls outside your free ones.
    Remember there are no roaming charges in europe with Meteor so again no roaming in N Ireland.
    From your 30e you can select a 500mb data plan for 4.99 or 1gb for 9.99 (yes 2 x 500mb is a cent cheaper).
    Now register with meteor and port your number and you will get another 20e credit per month for 12 months plus a first month free internet.
    Its not for everyone but its much better than the 3 deal for me (I left 3 today after 5 years because I had had enough of their customer services).
    I had a problem straight away but it was sorted in 1 hour and they even gave me a 20e gesture payment)
    OK then tear it to pieces but its my idea of a bargain and there are plenty of other options in the deal.
    Enjoy

I'm porting over from Vodafone to this tariff next week. I think it's a great deal. I'll top up monthly by €30 and have free any time any network calls. I'm going to get the BlackBerry add on for €9.99 (first month free) and use Cabbage SMS to send my texts using the free webtexts. I'll get €20 free credit a month for a year. I reckon that I'll just be banking the €30 top up and that the €20 free credit will paying for add on and some texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have free calls texts and 1gb data a month when i top up 20e, have had it last summer, also they send me 5e credit free a month for some reason! payg

They tried to get me to change the other day when i rang them for something, no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Where's the details of that deal? It says €20.32 per month on the Meteor web site: http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/billpay/

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

I seem to be in a promote Meteor Mode but that deal at 10.32 for 20gb is on a brochure in shop and I had my friend sign up to it today. Although its a 30 day contract you still need to sign up with photo id and payment is by bank transfer/direct debit. The deal is for 12 months with 30 day options all the way.

Come on Meteor where's my commission.

It also works perfectly in Three's B260a router and here in Drogheda speedtest.net showed an increase from Three's 1.04 DL and .014 UL to Meteor's 6.1DL and an amazing 1.9 UP

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    I seem to be in a promote Meteor Mode but that deal at 10.32 for 20gb is on a brochure in shop and I had my friend sign up to it today. Although its a 30 day contract you still need to sign up with photo id and payment is by bank transfer/direct debit. The deal is for 12 months with 30 day options all the way.

Come on Meteor where's my commission.

It also works perfectly in Three's B260a router and here in Drogheda speedtest.net showed an increase from Three's 1.04 DL and .014 UL to Meteor's 6.1DL and an amazing 1.9 UP

Is there a closing date on that deal do you know? It will be the end of next week before I can get in store to sign up.

Oracle wrote: »
    Where's the details of that deal? It says €20.32 per month on the Meteor web site: http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/billpay/

You have to enquire about it instore. Its €10.32/month for 12 months on promotion.

Is there a closing date on that deal do you know? It will be the end of next week before I can get in store to sign up.

According to another poster it is up next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I was with Meteor for about 7 years and I noticed since Eircom took them over they got progressively worse so I moved to Three.

€20 a month gets you
    - 3000 texts to any network
    - 3000 Weekend minutes to any Irish mobile
    - 3000 Anytime 3 to 3 calls
    - All you can eat data.

If you are like me and too old for the 48 deal, then this is by far the best.

Don't forget, they also give you 10e every time you top up by 20 and the month runs out and data for an extra month is 5e. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Don't forget, they also give you 10e every time you top up by 20 and the month runs out and data for an extra month is 5e. :)

They stopped that offer for new customers a while back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh right, that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Signed up for this BA today. They took a 50 quid deposit (you get it back after a while). Just to let you know.

• Advertisement

You have to enquire about it instore. Its €10.32/month for 12 months on promotion.

I asked Meteor about this promotion via Twitter. They didn't know anything about it. Is it store specific I wonder? Hardly!

Advertisement