Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public drinking

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll open a beer on the way back from the shops or bring some to a park on a sunny day. It seems the norm here in London where you'll see gangs of city boys etc drinking cans while walking to the next bar, and everyone brings booze to the various commons when it gets hot.
    Is it frowned upon in Ireland? Is it even illegal? I always felt more conscious of drinking a beer walking down the street, or if I sometimes cracked open a can on the bus on the way to town for a night out. You're not supposed to drink on the tube here anymore but everyone does it anyway. I don't see a problem as long as you're behaving yourself. Doesn't seem to be a big deal in Spain and Germany from my experience either, far more of it on show there actually. So should we turn a blind eye or have a no tolerence approach to it?

It's nice to see the Garda take a few for themselves from the normal people but leave the cheap stuff dipsos go around wasted on well alone.

I thought their behavior was the reason it is illegal here?

We are a shower of backward fools here. Only in crappy Ireland (or some other Arab states).

Advertisement