Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One V

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

GIMP wrote: »
    Thinking of buying one of these, anyone have one or anyone have an opinion on the handset?

I love htc wish I got it instead of iPhone had a htc desire and it was boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hi All

I bought a HTC One V from Amazon.de on friday and I have noticed the signal/reception on the phone is very poor, Where I normally have very good 3g reception on my old Wildfire this phone drops back to 2g frequently, especially if the antenna at the back is touched/covered. Tested it with two different network sims with same result.

Do any other owners have this issue, is it a common issue or is my handset faulty? Would a phone cover resolve the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

lissard wrote: »
    Try holding down the power button for more than 15 seconds - it should trigger a reset. This happened to my HTC One S yesterday and I thought the phone was broken too - brought it back to Carphone Warehouse and the guy there had it back in a few minutes. It looks like an OS crash to me. Previously when a phone was unresponsive like this I simply popped out the battery and it was sorted.

Yeh, that didn't work and for some reason they've made the phone so that you can't get at the battery without opening it up and ruiniong your warranty. I sent it to Fonfix (they fix phones for free within warranty) who need to get a part in to sort it out. Will take two weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My wife got a HTC One V today [emobile upgrade offer], ive been messing around with it and the performance while browsing seems terribly slow compared to my own HTC radar.
    Herself isnt fussy and says i can take the One V if i prefer it, tbh im not sure.
    While i love my Radar there are elements i miss from android, most notably the fact i cant watch live streams on android.
    Radar being a windows phone doesnt have abode flash player :(
    Thats the only negative with it so far, performance is fantastic,certainly seems a lot faster than the One V.
    Decisions decisions, thoughts from any experts appreciated :)

How is the reception on the phone, does it reduce much if you hold it ower the rear cover for the sim. If you could please test for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Anyone know of a good site to get sim unlock to all networks for his phone?

Or is it like the Wildfire S, which came unlocked to all networks by default?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GIMP wrote: »
    How is the reception on the phone, does it reduce much if you hold it ower the rear cover for the sim. If you could please test for me?

Both the wifes one V and my radar beside eachother the radar has full signal constantly and the one v is on 3-4 bars on and off.
    I decided to stick with the radar , its just so much faster and a much better display.
    Herself is loving the One V,likes the android changes from here Desire.

Problem with mine is reception is fine until I hold the phone it immediately loses signal. Happens in very good signal areas. I tested with two different network sims with similar results.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

crap at multiple applications, processor is wogeous slow, it has been a disappointment. I have one on Voda bill pay, it was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

I had a HTC Desire & it was great, only issue I had was not enough internal space really for apps so got the HTC One V back in July. Smaller phone with better processor etc....but lately I am having issues with the internal apps like Messaging, People and Call - so if I get a text message and click on the message icon or notfication to open it, it stalls for ages, sometimes over 5 minutes. So I reboot, all is fine again. Then when I go to make a call, I click on the call app and the screen below the top notifications tab goes black as if it is about to show the call, but again doesn't and if I cancel, it sometimes prompts me to enter my PIN again for the SIM. I then need to reboot to make the call. Very very annoying - anyone else have this issue? It usually happens after heavy usage of browser, tweetdeck etc. Do I need to kill some tasks? If there is a work around or maybe different apps that I could use to avoid this issue with Phone & Text Messages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I have it sometimes where it can take awhile for messages to open after I click on the icon, waiting can take awhile and killing it seems to be the quickest. I've also noticed lately that when starting a call by clicking on the contact the screen just goes back, hitting back or home snaps it out of it, it doesn't even register the call when it happens.

Those are my only 2 gripes with the phone, I've not really noticed anything else major except some lag the odd time opening firefox or other apps. My phone is fairly unloaded with apps, not a lot I use really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jameseverard

my one v is a disgrace im not sure if its three or the handset but the reception goes and wont come back until i restart the phone have sent it back three times to three and now thinking ill have to send it back again but so p***ed off that it takes two weeks for any progress it was my first proper smartphone and im disgusted with it never had a single problem in ten years with ordinary phones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got a 3 simcard after I got my One V and found I had the same problem, I changed to emobile after a month and have no complaints.

I googled my problem recently with the slow response when going into messages, I can't remember what all I changed in settings but it has much improved using it on a day to day basis. I've not noticed the slow down in at least a week now.

Advertisement