Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diageo Screw BrewDog

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If it is all a bit of a p**s take, then I can get behind that.

Wait, does that mean that I'm their target demographic and it's all just a meta-marketing ploy?

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BeerNut wrote: »
    adding that it musrt be brewed in Ireland by an Irish-owned company.

SO 8 degree's isn't an Irish Craft Brewery, seeing as it's not Irish owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seaneh wrote: »
    SO 8 degree's isn't an Irish Craft Brewery, seeing as it's not Irish owned?

And how do you make that out seeing that it is a irish registered compan, independently owned by irish residents?(afaik)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And how do you make that out seeing that it is a irish registered compan, independently owned by irish residents?(afaik)
    I'd imagine that the company is registered in Ireland alright, but it's run by an Australian and a Kiwi.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, "Irish-headquartered" might be a better term than "Irish-owned". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the company is registered in Ireland alright, but it's run by an Australian and a Kiwi.

Is that not a slightly zenophobic view of what 'irish' means?

It reminds me of an argument I had with someone once who was claiming that a guy was mis-selling potatoes at a farmers market as "Irish potatoes" because the guy wasn't Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that not a slightly zenophobic view of what 'irish' means?
    I dunno, you tell me. You asked a question and I answered it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I was questioning why Beoir worded it "Irish Owned" instead of "Irish Registered".
    To me, 8 Degrees are, obviously, An Irish company and part of the Irish Craft/micro brew scene. But accordinf to Beoir's wording, they are not an "Irish Craft Brewery". Which is stupid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Seaneh wrote: »
    But accordinf to Beoir's wording, they are not an "Irish Craft Brewery".
    According to your interpretation of Beoir's wording. Not the same thing. According to Beoir, Eight Degrees is an Irish craft brewery. Here it is in the Directory.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

They're an Irish based brewery run by an Aussie and New Zealander making Indian pale ale using American hops. Simples!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

irish_goat wrote: »
    They're an Irish based brewery run by an Aussie and New Zealander making Indian pale ale using American hops. Simples!

Probably English grain aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Probably English grain aswell.

A lot of maltings don't make it easy to use "Irish malted barely", though lack of specialty malts, min order or amounts and no option for crushing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

oblivious wrote: »
    A lot of maltings don't make it easy to use "Irish malted barely", though lack of specialty malts, min order or amounts and no option for crushing

Yeh of course I was just pointing out that there was another element to irish goats post.

I thought it was because the maltings are producing lager grains and no specialty malts aswell as the fact they won't bag it, they'll only deliver to silos.

Would the Irish micros not take their malt uncrushed for freshness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Martyn1989 wrote: »

Would the Irish micros not take their malt uncrushed for freshness?

of course, but a good malt mill can cost a few thousand, its an extra expense that a start up may not have.

Advertisement