Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Treat Williams joins as
    Kelly's dad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

I've started catching up on this show over the last night or two. I'd given up on it around the end of October but it is definitely getting better. I'm only up to mid november now of course so maybe not much to tell but it's better than my initial impressions were. Anybody else still sticking with it?

I'm still watching it has got better but Jesse Spencer's character is the weak link for me if it concentrated less on him (even though he seems to be lead or co-lead) and more on the other squad members especially the captain I'd be happy :)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm still watching it has got better but Jesse Spencer's character is the weak link for me if it concentrated less on him (even though he seems to be lead or co-lead) and more on the other squad members especially the captain I'd be happy :)

I agree there. I'm still unfamiliar with the characters but the captain, the painkiller guy and the older guy who got caught in the water pyramid scheme are starting to come into their own as characters. Spencer is starting to disappear into the background and isn't bringing half as much to this role as he did in House. I'll be interested to see how it develops.

NBC just upped the episode order yet again...by one, now making 24 eps.
    Its been a real grower all season in the ratings, almost assured renewal come May.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm still watching... Favourite new show of the season...
    I love Dawson - if I met a girl like her in real life, I'd be the luckiest guy in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this show is painfully bad, its gone from my brainless watch, to painful watch, to not watching

this show is painfully bad, its gone from my brainless watch, to painful watch, to not watching

Its the second highest rated drama after Revolution....guaranteed renewal :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Its the second highest rated drama after Revolution...
    that says it all

Its the second highest rated drama after Revolution....guaranteed renewal :cool:

What? How did that happen? Revolution I mean.... Admittedly I had a forced 2 moth break with illness where I'm just catching up now but I haven't braved Revolution yet because it was on my bubble list back in November. I really thought it was pants. Did it somehow improve in the intervening 3 months?

Spin off show about cops going ahead and that cast will be introduced in Season 1 finale of this show

Bit early in the day for a spin off isn't it? I'd have at least thought they might get 2-3 seasons of CF under their belt before thinking of branching out. Still, if it's a show int he same vein as CF then I'll be having no complaints!

widely expected, zero shock...renewed for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

widely expected, zero shock...renewed for a second season.

Really like this show

Excellent news... My favourite new show of the season...

Latest episode was fantastic. Couple of scenes almost had me in tears.
    Also, glad to hear that the spin-off Chicago PD has been picked up. Looking forward to see what it's like.

Latest episode was fantastic. Couple of scenes almost had me in tears.
    Also, glad to hear that the spin-off Chicago PD has been picked up. Looking forward to see what it's like.

Is Voight going to be in the spin off show?

I'm surprised Hallie was brought back only to be killed off so soon

yeah Voight will be in the spin-off, but they haven't announced yet if he'll be a regular or merely recurring. Dawson's brother will be a regular in the show, and a few of the other regulars appeared in Wednesday's episode, although apparently we'll see more of them in the finale...

• Advertisement

Is Mills leaving the show so for the spin off now? He didnt make squad so he wants to be a cop now :confused:

I still find Casey my least favourite character on the show

So Kelly will be a daddy but not with Shay poor girl

I wouldn't mind if Mills leaves for the Spin-Off. Don't think he fits in too well in the Fire Department.
    Great finale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can anyone explain to me how Voight got re-instated?? and a promotion?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me how Voight got re-instated?? and a promotion?

Isn't Voigt's whole 'dirty cop' persona just an undercover operation? Presume it's to do with that.

I liked Mills but he was my least favourite character on the show I think. He might work better on the police force for sure. I wasn't a big fan of Casey early on either. He was so outwardly Australian in House that I kept hearing small Aussie tweeks in his accent early on but I think he's grown into the role by now and is doing a fine job. Kelly is the best character on the show though.

I love how this show has turned into a keeper really. When it started I was so unsure about it. It took a good few eipsodes to build into a solid show but I'm delighted it's sticking around and really looking forward to next season. I think that's all you can say really.

I wouldn't mind if Mills leaves for the Spin-Off. Don't think he fits in too well in the Fire Department.
    Great finale though.

I wonder if Chief Boden maybe is the real father of Mills or his sister's real father, kinda thought that would be explored more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Enjoyed this series largely due to severide. Christ he's hot.....Parden the pun......

Il get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Mills leaving the show so for the spin off now? He didnt make squad so he wants to be a cop now :confused:

I still find Casey my least favourite character on the show

So Kelly will be a daddy but not with Shay poor girl

What? Oh no, I think I missed the last show :(
    But looking forward to the next season, TV is crap this summer...

StinkySocs wrote: »
    What? Oh no, I think I missed the last show :(
    But looking forward to the next season, TV is crap this summer...

Renee returned preggers by Kelly

Michelle Forbes has booked a recurring role on Season 2 as a high-ranking consultant with the State Fire Marshall’s office

• Advertisement

Advertisement