Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restless Leg Syndrom

Options
  • 08-05-2012 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello All :)

Just wondering does anybody else suffer from RLS (restless leg syndrome) and have any cures that might help the increasing itch at night time!?

also that feeling of not being able to sit still is so agrivating!!

Looking for some advice,

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

you can take a medication for restless leg syndrome go down to your gp,other than that go for a jog and tire those legs out

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Iv suffered with it since i was a child, 27 now and have been taking mirapexin prescribed by my doctor for a year or two and it has really helped me. I also bought bamboo socks in tesco dun l and found they helped keep my feet from heating up compared to cotton socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just been put on iron for extreme fatigue but my legs are also extremely painful and tired all the time lately. Get tired so quickly, even a short run knocks me flat out but even the day to day things like shopping and walking the short distance to work are exhausting. Going to contact the GP to see if I can get some help with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I've suffered bad from it for a number of years, it's hell. I'm on a strong dose of Mirapexin, it definitely helps, nothing else works. Still there's not a day that goes by where I don't feel some pain, just gotta live with it.

Jeez really.. :( I'm waiting for the doc to get back to me.. I've also a horrid viral infection causing a widespread rash on my stomach... I think my immunity is totally shot tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭LiveIsLife

I find doing squats before bed helps. I've also noticed anti-histamines can make it worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Did you ever try Cal /Mag? That is calcium and magnesium supplement. Mention it to your doctor first to see if that is ok for you e.g.no affects of these on your meds etc
    Hello All :)

Just wondering does anybody else suffer from RLS (restless leg syndrome) and have any cures that might help the increasing itch at night time!?

also that feeling of not being able to sit still is so agrivating!!

Looking for some advice,

Thanks,

The doc has suggested quinine sulfate or quinine in tonic water. I woke with pain this morning at 5am so just got up :(

Complete waste of time, pregnant women take that. I've tried all those concoctions, had zero effect. I wake up like clockwork each morning with a twinge of pain, no chance of a sleep in. It won't go away until I get mobile.

I found the Cal/mag very good when I had fibromyalgia with cramps and restless leg if I remember correctly. That was 8 years ago though.

• Advertisement

Not2Good wrote: »
    I found the Cal/mag very good when I had fibromyalgia with cramps and restless leg if I remember correctly. That was 8 years ago though.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll see how it goes. Do you not suffer from it anymore if you don't mind my asking?

Your welcome. Yeah, had it from 2004 until 2006. Did, diet changes, meditation, acupuncture, yoga (hara) breathing,crystal therapy, homeopathy , minerals and vitamin supplements, all by the same practitioner in a holistic approach to slowly 'reeve' the body's engine. It worked!

Not2Good wrote: »
    Your welcome. Yeah, had it from 2004 until 2006. Did, diet changes, meditation, acupuncture, yoga (hara) breathing,crystal therapy, homeopathy , minerals and vitamin supplements, all by the same practitioner in a holistic approach to slowly 'reeve' the body's engine. It worked!

That's great to hear :)

Cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Accupuntre worked great for me, only starting to get it again after a year and a half since getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Different things work for different people, vitamin e helps my Mum but you need to check the dose with someone who knows. My sister had it but it went away during pregnancy and has nt returned.

mooeire wrote: »
    Accupuntre worked great for me, only starting to get it again after a year and a half since getting it done.

The missus keeps bugging me to give this a shot, did you have many sessions mooeire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coletteb1

Hi guys, I don't know if anybody has posted about this lately but in case anybody is looking for remedy for RLS I just had to share as not to be dramatic but it has changed my life!!! Magnesium supplement that is. I suffered terrible from RLS and was told its likely to be from a lack of magnesium. I started taking it everyday or every second day but now I just take it if I am lacking sleep or feel the restlessness coming on and it starts to work straight away and I can actually get to sleep. It worked wonders for me anyway so worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 R2potat2

Guys I have suffered for 5 years and avoided medication I would go to bed and fall asleep for minutes the have to get up and walk go back to bed and have to get up and walk so on and so on I srltarted cbd oil and 5 nights in a row now slept all night might just be the miricle cure

Advertisement