Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook pro 13 vs 15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

but a couple of OS update later and it will be useless.

Well I think you answered your own question there ;).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't think it's necessarily for that reason. There are cost issues with the Air - it's only the low-end 11-inch model that comes with 2GB. And Apple may surprise both of us and continue to support that machine for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I don't think it's necessarily for that reason. There are cost issues with the Air - it's only the low-end 11-inch model that comes with 2GB. And Apple may surprise both of us and continue to support that machine for quite some time.

Ram is dirt cheap and Apple are known for their ridiculously high ram prices (but for them to add it, it is dirt cheap)

So I think it is for that reason only. 4GB should be a min considering the price of all Apple laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Anyone that has a mac do you find the iworks software good or is windows office better.
    The iworks is €80 a good bit cheaper than the €130 for windows office for the mac. But what I am asking is which is the best for presentations, typing word documents, spreadsheets, etc? Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Bpmull wrote: »
    Anyone that has a mac do you find the iworks software good or is windows office better.
    The iworks is €80 a good bit cheaper than the €130 for windows office for the mac. But what I am asking is which is the best for presentations, typing word documents, spreadsheets, etc? Thanks so much.

You can get Office 2011 for Mac here OP. It comes in as around €80 also. So the choice really comes down to which you prefer. I have an iPad/iPhone with iWork so I went for that because of the iCloud document sync.

• Advertisement

Is it necessary to get anti viruse software for the mac. If so which is the best to use.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, no need for antivirus on the Mac at the moment.

Thank you all so much. I have alot to think about before I make my decision. I'll post up which one I decide to order when I decide. All your advice has been a great help thanks.

Advertisement