Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to fitness and need help...

Options
  • 06-05-2012 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to fitness and need a little bit of help; the problem is I don't know where to start. I've never exercised in my life before and need some serious help on what to do, what to buy and advice on supplements (do I need them?). Over the past 12 months I’ve lost 3st 8lbs simply by cutting out junk food, sweets, fast food and beer. I have my Breakfast, Lunch and dinner, and a very small supper. I use to weigh 15st (I know, bad).

Ok I’ll give you my stats: 29 years old
    5' 11"
    11st 6lbs or 72.6kg

I put weight on very easily so I don’t want to bulk up... I'm looking to achieve a 6pack (if it’s possible) and a bit of muscle on my arms.
    Folks your advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance
    Gaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stickman2

What are you having for breakfast,lunch,dinner and supper? You don't need supplements for a start. Everything you need come's from your food. Also the 6 pack is all down to diet. Throw up what your eating and i'm sure a few posters will tell you whats right and whats not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NewToFitness

What I eat:
    Breakfast Muesli and toast or Porridge with maple syrup
    Lunch Salad with either chicken, Tuna or Turkey
    Dinner Varies usually involves mince beef, chicken or fish a few
    spuds and a lot of veggies or pasta
    Supper Again varies usually toast or something small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Stickman2 wrote: »
    What are you having for breakfast,lunch,dinner and supper? You don't need supplements for a start. Everything you need come's from your food. Also the 6 pack is all down to diet. Throw up what your eating and i'm sure a few posters will tell you whats right and whats not

It makes it a lot easier but it is not all down to diet

Cut out the toast,spuds and pasta. Stay away from the starchy carbs. Keep the protein intake up. Meats,poultry,fish and eggs. Good fats aswell like a handfull of nuts for supper with maybe a bit of fruit. I'm sure you know yourself to drink water and stay away from fizzy drinks,should help you on the way to a 6 pack with a good exercise programme.

It makes it a lot easier but it is not all down to diet

Exercise will of course help you achieve a 6 pack. But diet is by far the most important factor in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Stickman2 wrote: »
    Throw up what your eating

Terrible advice right here :)

frag420 wrote: »
    Terrible advice right here :)

Got me there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 krystal123

If you are really interested in building muscles then try this:
    1-Get strength:I recommend weight training.
    2-Use free weights:More weight gives more stress so you get more muscles.
    3-Never leave your compound exercise
    4-Get ready with legs exercise:squats are better and important exercise.:)

Advertisement