Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed of a Tophatsu 30HP engine ?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my new purchase insured, and have a Seahog Seajeep, with a Tohatsu 30HP engine.

some of the website are loking for the speed in Knots, and idea what this could be ?

20-27 knots ?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

scuby wrote: »
    I'm looking to get my new purchase insured, and have a Seahog Seajeep, with a Tohatsu 30HP engine.

some of the website are loking for the speed in Knots, and idea what this could be ?

20-27 knots ?

cheers

20 knots is about 23 mph 27 knots about 31 mph

1 knot is 1.15077945 mph I would think your top speed would be about 16 knots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

If you could borrow a handheld VHF radio, something like the standard horizon 851e, which would give you your speed,
    Or I could park my new gatso van on the pier, though not this weekend, too busy,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

Or try any recent enough smartphone with GPS, plenty of apps availible that will give your speed readout.

Advertisement