Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question?

Options
  • 04-05-2012 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

So what happens if you're actually the zombie?
    What will you do then? Will you still try to survive?

Or if you found out you were turning into a zombie. Or would you kill yourself first before that happens?

I'm just wondering are you actually prepared for the possibility that you may be the zombie and what contingency plans you have established for such an occurrence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

As far as common Z lore goes, zombies don't have many if any survival instincts at all. Higher cognitive functions that would enable a person to formulate ideas or plans would be completely gone from the brain of a zombie.

If i found out i was infected and would turn I'd probably write a last will and testament before i did turn and lock myself in somewhere with a warning to state that I'm craving brains and have lost interest in everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

This isn't a problem. All zombie survival enthusiasts have a preconceived notion that they are immune so this does not require consideration. :rolleyes:

Now, being serious, if I thought I was turning I would do what degrassinoel has planned. If I knew I was turning I would see if any other survivors in my group were willing to put me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

If I were a zombie, I imagine I'd want to eat as much flesh, innards, etc that I could get my rotting hands on. Which is a problem for me, because I don't eat much red meat, and when I do, it has to be very, very, very well done. :o

If I were infected, I wouldn't want to risk infecting/killing my loved ones, or anyone else in my group. I wouldn't want to put it on the shoulders of those I cared about to kill me either. I hope I'd have the courage to do it myself, and if I couldn't, I'd ask someone in my group who could handle it to kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Honestly, I'd see no other choice than killing myself.

I'd find that very difficult to do however, and seeing as how you can still turn as long as your head isn't severed, I'd have to get a helping hand to do the job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd go visit all the people I don't like. If I'm gone I'm taking as many people as I can with me. Damn the species.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I would lock myself away with a fatal trap or seven to stop me from ever getting out. I would also try to post warnings outside the building for anyone who comes by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Myself, personally, I'd try and work my way up to becoming King of the Zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sindri wrote: »

Don't worry, I'd bash your head in. No need to thank me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Once infected you are dead already.The plan of the group would be to speed up death of the infected one. No way would one be allowed to turn.

No hesitation, kill or be killed.

Sindri wrote: »

Unless your name is Edward Furlong, I'm afraid someone beat you to the punch.

See here.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2091455/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Strap myself with home made explosives and charge the hoarde in an overly dramatic fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Tell everyone I just cut myself and I'll be fine, **** **** up later on and eat everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

What aaronjumper said!!

Strap myself with home made explosives and charge the hoarde in an overly dramatic fashion.
    Daisy M wrote: »
    What aaronjumper said!!

The only thing about blowing yourself up is, what if it doesn't kill you? Then you'd be half a zombie - depending on how many limbs, etc you lost in the explosion - crawling around. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gandalph wrote: »
    Tell everyone I just cut myself and I'll be fine, **** **** up later on and eat everyone else
    Good man, we do actually want the zombie apocalypse to happen. Just preferably to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

If I knew I was infected then probably end up fighting myself on reality and delusions, kill myself for the safety of others or lock myself away somewhere with warnings for others in and hope of a cure, lots of beer and whiskey locked away with me.

hope of a cure

I'd imagine if you were already infected a cure wouldn't save you. After all you can't cure death. If a cure happens at all it's more likely to be a vaccine to bring about immunity rather than save those already infected.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    There is no cure for death. If a cure ever happens it'll only be useful to people who haven't already turned.

Note Reality and Delusions.

Note Reality and Delusions.

This is the Zombie Survival forum. There are no delusions here!

This is the Zombie Survival forum. There are no delusions here!

Twice now you failed to understand my post.
    I, Myself, Me, the person typing this post would end up fighting with myself on reality and delusions, given the situation of sudden death or the smallest delusional hope of a cure...that's what I would do.

• Advertisement

a rake of whiskey and beer and the fact that you know of your own impending death would make anyone delusional, could also make you incredibly dangerous to other survivors too.

a rake of whiskey and beer and the fact that you know of your own impending death would make anyone delusional, could also make you incredibly dangerous to other survivors too.

Delusions leading to being locked away with whiskey and beer not the other way around and I did say warnings for others.

Yes i know, i was agreeing with you.

Yes i know, i was agreeing with you.

Sorry, I took it differently but yes your correct there, reality might hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭jameverywhere

if I became a zombie I would fight for zombie rights and emancipation. I would head pro-zombie campaigns in the media. I would lobby for zombie representation in government, I would... I ...

B...b.rain...s....

Twice now you failed to understand my post.
    I, Myself, Me, the person typing this post would end up fighting with myself on reality and delusions, given the situation of sudden death or the smallest delusional hope of a cure...that's what I would do.

Sorry, mate. Maybe it's just me but the way you worded the post implied (at least to me) that going crazy and hoping for a cure weren't linked but separate points. By the time I read your second post, I'd clean forgotten about the mention of delusions in your first.

Sorry, mate. Maybe it's just me but the way you worded the post implied (at least to me) that going crazy and hoping for a cure weren't linked but separate points. By the time I read your second post, I'd clean forgotten about the mention of delusions in your first.

I thought I was clear in my original post but everything is up for interpretation.
    Not crazy but an internal fight for self preservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The only thing about blowing yourself up is, what if it doesn't kill you? Then you'd be half a zombie - depending on how many limbs, etc you lost in the explosion - crawling around. :eek:

It would at least give others a chance to get away. I could do with an upper body workout anyhow haha.

Generally though if an explosive device that you are wearing goes off you would be little more than a strange past or puddle on a wall.

It would at least give others a chance to get away. I could do with an upper body workout anyhow haha.

:pac:
    Generally though if an explosive device that you are wearing goes off you would be little more than a strange past or puddle on a wall.

People survive explosions often...I guess I'm thinking of the people who step on land mines and survive. Just be sure you pack on lots of explosive...better yet, wear it around your neck, to ensure your brain is destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Use my last few hours to run a high risk suicide mission to kill other zombies or get supplies for the group. Possibly both at the same time and if possible leave them with only one local zombie to deal with - though it will take all of them working as a team to take me down, I will put on a helmet and make it difficult for them.

Advertisement