Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Elder Scrolls Online Announced

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ Lahinchians

lads I've been getting them for weeks. Don't have a comp that'll run it tho so I can send em on to ye if ye want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,593 ✭✭✭✭ degrassinoel
    Assume the position

So has anyone availed of the 50% off on steam yet?

Or, how is the game these days? I havent played it since the beta, mightspend the 27quid on it if it's any use

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭ Steviemoyne

So has anyone availed of the 50% off on steam yet?

Or, how is the game these days? I havent played it since the beta, mightspend the 27quid on it if it's any use

More chat on it going on in the Massivly Multiplayer thread.

Me personally I said NOPE as soon as I heard about the duplication exploit/bug. Plan on going back to WoW...(god help me).

Assume the position

yeah i might end up doing the same :/ god help us all :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,812 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Toots
    Administrator

Has anyone actually bought ESO and if so how are you finding it? I've been humming and hawing over it for a while now, but I've seen a lot of reviews on youtube and blogs etc that aren't really complementary about it. Also it seems like it's a bit of a money grabber.

• Advertisement
    Assume the position

Havent yet, and probably wont now that warlords of draenor is actually a decent expansion for wow.

I was going to buy the 50% off steam version but i never did - got in the beta and didnt like the mmo feel to it, TES always seemed to me like it should be a single player game, at most a co-op. It was just odd seeing so many people running around doing the same starting area quests, zero immersion, not elderscrolly enough

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,812 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Toots
    Administrator

Yeah, that was what I was thinking too. I'm not really into MMO at all. When it was announced I thought it would be something like Skyrim/Oblivion but that you could play with your friends if you wanted. I was really excited cos I thought you'd have the option of playing alone without seeing any other players at all, but that you'd get to explore all of Tamriel :( I watched a playthrough there now on youtube, and the UI type set up reminds me a bit of Assassin's Creed, which I wasn't really keen on.

Then I saw this on YouTube. I've never wished I could be a game designer more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ Temptamperu

Toots wrote: »
    Has anyone actually bought ESO and if so how are you finding it? I've been humming and hawing over it for a while now, but I've seen a lot of reviews on youtube and blogs etc that aren't really complementary about it. Also it seems like it's a bit of a money grabber.

Yeah i bought it to try it out for the free month but you have to give your details and a payment before you can play. so i cancelled my account. Its going free to play on paddy's day so i might go back for that but its not a great game in its own right and is a terrible elder scrolls game.

Well ive been back on ESO since paddys day and im finding it much better this time around. Im playing the bollix out of it too, I was up till half five this morning just questing on me own doing a bit of crafting when my bags are full.
    I say if you like the elder scrolls buy it cheap. Oh and buy the imperial edition if you can as you get a mount for 1 gold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sierra Oscar
    Category Moderator

I'm thinking of getting this to try it out for a bit. What's the online community like these days?

• Advertisement

The community is amazing and the servers are chock full of people. Now is a great time to start back up. I love this game its awesome.

Administrator

I'm really tempted since it's just become free to play. Can you really access anywhere in tamriel, and do you have to buy loads of add ons?

No you dont have to buy addons just try and get the imperial edition for the mounts and race bonus. Without that it will take a while to get a mount. Horses be very expensive. And yes tamriel is mostly there lots of smaller maps (they are huge) all making one huge big map.

Administrator

OK, I'm a complete noob when it comes to MMO, can you tell me what way does it work? I've been watching a few play-throughs on youtube and there's still a few bits that I'm not sure about. Say it's a situation where I'm sent on a quest to kill...oh let's say a giant spider, and I know that while I'm doing this there's going to be other players roaming around. So when I get to the spider and there's other people there, who kills it? And what's the story with chests? Like if I kill some badass boss can someone else take all the loot out of the boss chest?

Im a noob aswell :P basically everyone piles on the boss and as long as you do enough damage to it you will get xp and a personal drop. Most of the bosses only drop gold for me but you generally get your reward when you hand the quest in.

https://www.youtube.com/user/deltiasgaming?feature=hovercard

I been watching this guy for helpful tips and ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

Free weekend next weekend according to the email I just got.

Dunno if its for everyone but I was on the Alpha/Beta and never bought the game.
    Greetings a,

You've successfully redeemed a code for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™. We're applying it to your account now! Your receipt and further details can be found below.

Redemption Receipt

Standard_edition
    Welcome Back Weekend Account Activation

Code :

We have applied a redemption code toward your account for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. Your account has been reactivated for the duration of our Welcome Back Weekend promotion. You’ll have access to play ESOTU from 15:00 GMT (10:00 EST) on April 16th until 15:00 GMT (10:00am EST) on April 20th*.

Assume the position

Yeah i got that too, might give it a whirl for the buzz :)

Its for the people who did beta for them. Should be a fun weekend.

Administrator

God damn it. I wish you could do a trial run of it. I don't fancy shelling out €75 in case I don't like it. :(

Assume the position

Toots wrote: »
    God damn it. I wish you could do a trial run of it. I don't fancy shelling out €75 in case I don't like it. :(

give it a watch this weekend on twitch - there's bound to be someone streaming it from scratch, at the least it'll give ye an idea of the game

• Advertisement

Download is 40gb for anyone interneticaly challenged.

Forgot about this, anyone on it?

is it worth the download for a day?

I think the downloads worth it, its a fun game with some cool things to do and see. Sure download it when you sleep and it will be ready for you in the morning.

So what's the verdict? Just grabbed this on ps4. Gotta wait for my new hdd to arrive before downloading it. Did I just burn myself and waste the money or am I in for a good ES experience?

Assume the position

So what's the verdict? Just grabbed this on ps4. Gotta wait for my new hdd to arrive before downloading it. Did I just burn myself and waste the money or am I in for a good ES experience?

apparently it's really decent, it's just not the same game as skyrim was - i'd say you'll get your money'sworth out of it tbh - sure let us know here after ye get it installed what ye think :)

So I finally got it installed, dunno if it was my connection or the Sony servers were in overdrive for this game but after somewhere around 70 hours of downloading I have it.

It's pretty standard mmo in format, but it's a good twist on it. Combat is very elder scrolls, I'm a duel wielding kahjit stealthy fecker so can't really comment on magic stuff. The progression system takes a lil bit of getting used to.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it!

Quick post to warn people off buying the imperial edition. Haven't received my imperial stuff. Apparently a somewhat more viable, still with pilots of issues, workaround is to buy the normal edition and grab the crowns from the store and buy the upgrades that way.

Still having a ball in tamriel!

Assume the position

nice, i might actually grab it this weekend for something to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭ Hococop

hi all, quick question

whats online play like for this game (xbox one) compared to destiny, my internet isn't the best but i am able to play on my own or a group of 3 with no issues on destiny, im just wondering will i have issues with this game as i know there are more people on the map?

• Advertisement
Advertisement