Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Main card
    Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller[1]
    Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Johny Hendricks[1]
    Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Alan Belcher[1]
    Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Lavar Johnson[1]

Preliminary card (Fuel TV)
    Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Johnson[1]
    Flyweight bout: John Dodson vs. Tim Elliott[1]
    Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss[1]
    Flyweight bout: Louis Gaudinot vs. John Lineker[1]
    Lightweight bout: Danny Castillo vs. John Cholish[1]
    Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez vs. Pablo Garza[1]

Preliminary card
    Bantamweight bout: Roland Delorme vs. Nick Denis[1]
    Middleweight bout: Mike Massenzio vs. Karlos Vemola[1]

On this Saturday night/Sunday morning, not on live, on ESPN at 10.30pm on Sunday. Can be watched live at ufc.tv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Can't wait for Belcher v Palhares!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Looking forward to seeing the TUF lads fight. John Dodson and Dennis Bermudez were class

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Belcher v Palhares!!

Belcher is 11/5 on Paddy Power, decent odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Can't see Palhares losing this one. Belcher is a decent fighter but I think Palhares is too far beyond him. I think John Hathaway should pick up another win here aswell. Very talented and still so young. Can't wait for those flyweights. Dodson is gonna let 'fly'. Someone is definitely going to sleep in the Barry - Johnson fight and I fear it may be Barry. Jim Miller should be able to utilise his superior wrestling and take Diaz comfortably. I'm finding it difficult to pick a winner between Koscheck and Hendricks as they are both world class wrestlers but I think Koscheck might just have the edge with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i cant see belcher troubling palhares myself

really fancy hendricks to take koschek

like the look of lavar johson also at 7/4
    thats a big price
    the only man to stop joey beltran and thats something
    even barry couldnt do
    lavar was last stopped 8 years ago with 4 subs the other losses
    barry has never subbed anyone so this should be a stand up war and
    i don't see it lasting too long
    johnson has rarely gone past the first round without knocking out
    his opponent but barry is better than hes faced thus far

• Advertisement

Lavar Johnson to win by ko is at 5/2 with PP.
    Seems like a decent price to me. Think I'll stick a few quid on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dean09 wrote: »
    Lavar Johnson to win by ko is at 5/2 with PP.
    Seems like a decent price to me. Think I'll stick a few quid on that one.

nice price too and more than likely how it will happen should
    he beat barry

mailburner wrote: »
    nice price too and more than likely how it will happen should
    he beat barry

Yeah Johnson is a beast and we know Barry can be ko'd. It's not easy to do but I think Johnson might be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

p to the e wrote: »
    I'm finding it difficult to pick a winner between Koscheck and Hendricks as they are both world class wrestlers but I think Koscheck might just have the edge with experience.

I think if Koscheck decides to stand with him he'll lose but he's been more effective with his wrestling than Hendricks in the octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dana has said that Diaz and Hendricks are both fighting for title shots, said Miller and Koscheck not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Dana has said that Diaz and Hendricks are both fighting for title shots, said Miller and Koscheck not so much!
    Yeah, which is pretty fair imo. Those two lost to Henderson and GSP respectively.
    Poor Pettis though...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Has Miller not said he was ill during the Henderson fight? The guy has only lost to the three best lightweights in the business and by decision. I don't know if Diaz really deserves a title shot having won just two in Lightweight in a row. And one was against Gomi who isn't what he used to be. Hoping he'll be as big a draw as his brother I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

if miller wins he should get a shot imo. Diaz is too inconsistent, isn't barbosa lightweight, if he wins against dunham he'll surely get a top 5 fighter

smilerf wrote: »
    if miller wins he should get a shot imo. Diaz is too inconsistent, isn't barbosa lightweight, if he wins against dunham he'll surely get a top 5 fighter

It's so tough because there are so many different guys who are up there. It's a very exciting division!

Also, Dunham pulled out and Barboza is now fighting Jamie Varner. Won't be a great night for Varner but I hope they keep him on for one more fight, just so he can fight The Cowboy again!

smilerf wrote: »

Dunham is injured, he's fighting Jamie Varner instead. Bit of a mismatch I think.

Am I the only one giving Belcher a hope in this fight? I just have memories of being really impressed with him in fights. Big guy, athletic, solid all round with knockout power.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dunham is injured, he's fighting Jamie Varner instead. Bit of a mismatch I think.

Am I the only one giving Belcher a hope in this fight? I just have memories of being really impressed with him in fights. Big guy, athletic, solid all round with knockout power.

Yeah but Paul Harris is just such a beast on the ground. I can't see him giving Belcher a chance to KO him

Biggest squash of the year...

Varner probably won't even make weight tbh...

Biggest squash of the year...

Che Mills just rang me and told me to tell you you're wrong about that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I'd love to see Belcher beat him but Palhares is lethal on the ground. If he even gets a hold of you, he'll rip your leg off. Can anyone keep that up for 15 minutes? Anyway, no better way for Belcher to move into top 10 than by winning here. I'm rooting for him too.....

I really hope Belcher wins it but I can't see it happening. I'll definitely be rooting for him but I picked Palhares in the fantasy league. I wouldn't be putting money on it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

good card hope diaz wins , by sub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'll be cheering Paul Harris :) on he is a nice tidy animal. Would like to see him get a run at a title shot.

I think Palhares is good but you'd have to say he is fairly limited. Just don't get heel hooked!

He's obviously very good at that though, he nearly had Marquart before Nate spun out and pounded him. Gonna throw a few bob on the Belcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Weigh in results below

Nate Diaz (156), Jim Miller (156)
    Josh Koscheck (170.5), Johny Hendricks (170.5)
    Rousimar Palhares (186), Alan Belcher (186)
    Pat Barry (244), Lavar Johnson (253)
    Tony Ferguson (154.5), Michael Johnson (156)
    John Dodson (126), Timothy Elliott (125)
    John Hathaway (169), Pascal Krauss (169)
    Louis Gaudinot (126), John Lineker (127)
    Danny Castillo (155), John Cholish (155.5)
    Dennis Bermudez (145.5), Pablo Garza (145)
    Roland Delorme (135), Nick Denis (135)
    Mike Massenzio (184), Karlos Vemola (185)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Does anyone know if you can watch the prelims on UFC.tv on sunday night or is that stream only available to watch live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Why is ESPN putting this as being on at 10.30 tomorrow?

ESPN are refusing to show the Fox card live so it's being shown on tape delay tomorrow. Apparently MLS is more important to ESPN viewers.. The whole event is live on UFC.tv for UK and Irish viewers.

CageWager wrote: »
    ESPN are refusing to show the Fox card live so it's being shown on tape delay tomorrow. Apparently MLS is more important to ESPN viewers.. The whole event is live on UFC.tv for UK and Irish viewers.

MLS? I think its time ESPN launched a station where they can show sports from America live and not have it clash with things like UFC.

They could call it ESPN America or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

CageWager wrote: »

Thanks for that CageWager, appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

MLS? I think its time ESPN launched a station where they can show sports from America live and not have it clash with things like UFC.

They could call it ESPN America or something

I know, its a joke. The sooner that ESPN contract is up the better. Having to watch a major card on an internet stream at this stage is pretty crazy.

Advertisement