Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy F1 car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I suppose these older cars (90s) will be the last people will realistically be able to buy. The newer ones are just to complicated even to start up that I think there will be very few running examples of cars from the turn of the century, once they're retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

ScumLord wrote: »
    I suppose these older cars (90s) will be the last people will realistically be able to buy. The newer ones are just to complicated even to start up that I think there will be very few running examples of cars from the turn of the century, once they're retired.

Most of the ones I see for sale are mostly from the 1990's and a few from the 1980's and 2000's.

A Jaguar R3 piloted by Mark Webber is available for £299,500 and comes with a Cosworth V10.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Most of the ones I see for sale are mostly from the 1990's and a few from the 1980's and 2000's.

A Jaguar R3 piloted by Mark Webber is available for £299,500 and comes with a Cosworth V10.
    Even if I was rich enough to own one I think I'd be put off by the fact if you don't start it the right way you'll completely destroy the engine. Would it even be possible to get parts for them?

Even if I was rich enough to own one I think I'd be put off by the fact if you don't start it the right way you'll completely destroy the engine. Would it even be possible to get parts for them?

If something went wrong with the engine, I think you would be looking at savage repair bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Fifth gear done a segment on it a few years ago where a guy buys MSC Ferrari

But then he did this to it
    233801-ferrari_shunt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

If something went wrong with the engine, I think you would be looking at savage repair bills.

Yeah it's not enough only to own a rocket to go fast :D

Run and maintain costs of your own road legal car for a single track day hits some hundreds of euros.. have a supercar it goes up to few grands.. uumm F1 car??

You need to have access into some already established workshops/tuners/racing teams, and find some sponsors also unless you are rich already or have rich daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Kxiii wrote: »
    Fifth gear done a segment on it a few years ago where a guy buys MSC Ferrari

But then he did this to it
    233801-ferrari_shunt.jpg

I dont understand the photo - how you totally wreck monocock but not legs :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

freestyla wrote: »
    I dont understand the photo - how you totally wreck monocock but not legs :confused:

You can clearly see his legs are padded with wads & wads of money...scientifically proven to be stronger than carbon fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Much more practical:

For the school run...

In action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Anyone know where you could buy a nose cone or the rear wing of an F1 car and what sort of money would you be talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

hexosan wrote: »
    Anyone know where you could buy a nose cone or the rear wing of an F1 car and what sort of money would you be talking.

Is that you Romain are Lotus making you pay for damages now?? :pac:

Heres a link to a site that does half scale replica Nosecones

And here's a Rear Wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Lovely car. I remember being on holiday in Spain and one of those blew up at a Grand Prix we were watching at the time (could have been Monza). A guy from Armagh remarked that Peugeot should stick a 1.9TD engine into the Jordan; it wouldn't be any slower and wouldn't have blown up....:(

shamwari wrote: »
    Lovely car. I remember being on holiday in Spain and one of those blew up at a Grand Prix we were watching at the time (could have been Monza). A guy from Armagh remarked that Peugeot should stick a 1.9TD engine into the Jordan; it wouldn't be any slower and wouldn't have blown up....:(

The nicest thing about the Jordan 195 that's for sale is that it comes with the Peugeot V10.

Yeah, it was the motor in the back of Irvine's Jordan at Monza that packed up. He was running in 6th when it happened.

It was much worse for Rubens at Hungary though. Rubens was running third on the last lap, and on the last corner of the last lap, the Peugeot motor packed up and Rubens coasted across the start/finish line and finished 7th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Very very unusual to see an ex F1 with original power unit. I thought that even cars from that era would be far too complicated to run with a genuine F1 engine without direct manufacturer support.

Advertisement